Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE

Go down 
+3
rattpoison
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Empty
PostSubject: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:00 pm

http://cdbaby.com/cd/badbiscut

Dunno if anyone here is familiar with this defunct Jersey combo aside from me (or if anyone will even care about this CD) but I just found out about this new release while trolling around on CDBaby and I'm totally stoked. It appears to be a collection of odds and ends/rare & unreleased stuff and I must own it ASAFP!!

I saw these dudes live several times back in the day and they could certainly throw down -- they were like the love child of GNR and the Ramones doing bong hits with Skid Row. Awesome stuff, and their lone studio album, THE AMERICAN DREAM? (1994), still gets mucho spins around Casa Del Freddy.

You can peep some sound samples at their MySpace to see if they're your cup of java:

http://www.myspace.com/badbiscut1

As soon as this disc is in my possession I shall post my thoughts on it!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Nice. Shiney hooked me up with that old disc. I dig it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nice. Shiney hooked me up with that old disc. I dig it.

There are actually two versions of that AMERICAN DREAM disc out there, each with slightly different cover art and four or five tracks that differ from one printing to the other. Each version even has a different "hidden track" at the end. I have never found out why there's two of'em but I have 'em both.

...Just figured I'd kick your collector's frenzy into overdrive there, Eyesore. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Shiney told me about that, I think. I also think I sort of forgot he mentioned it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Heres what I thought was kinda odd.They do a cover of George Michaels Faith,and so does LIMP BIZKIT.Weird Huh?
Also their cover of Highway to Hell is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:20 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Heres what I thought was kinda odd.They do a cover of George Michaels Faith,and so does LIMP BIZKIT.Weird Huh?
Also their cover of Highway to Hell is pretty cool.

The Bad Biscut version of "Faith" pre-dates Limp Bizkit's. It's also a far better version IMHO. Laughing

Oh, and Eyesore: It seems that the same label that's releasing this odds-and-ends disc (Main Man Records) has also got a reissue of THE AMERICAN DREAM in the works, it's not out yet but it looks like it will have all the tracks from both versions of the original album, plus some other goodies...

http://www.mainmanrecords.com/bb-tad.html

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:15 pm

It reminds me of a less nasty Shake The Faith. Maybe a bit of D-Generation as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Reminds me of D-Generation as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:11 pm

This is some cool stuff! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:56 pm

I'd say that D-Generation and Shake the Faith would both be valid reference points for Bad Biscut. D-Generation and Bad Biscut were both doing the New York/New Jersey circuit around the same time period (early 90s).

Glad you're diggin' it, TT!!

I shall be placing an order for the WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE disc by week's end if all goes according to plan!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Good stuff!

I too shall be ordering.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:36 pm

Just ordered my copy of the CD... will report on it once it's in my hot little hand.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
will report on it once it's in my hot little hand.

When you're making that much friction, you should really hit the pause button.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:39 am

From the samples, this one sounds more like punk.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:28 am

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
will report on it once it's in my hot little hand.

When you're making that much friction, you should really hit the pause button.

Or maybe I should just use more lube. (Ewwwwww....)

Quote :
From the samples, this one sounds more like punk.

Yea, well this band always did kinda straddle the line between punk and hard rock. When I first saw them back in college, they were a cover band, but even then they played a weird mix. You'd hear a Ramones song, then GNR, then a Monkees song, then Joan Jett, then the Sex Pistols, then a NY Dolls song, and so on and so on.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:55 am

I'm hoping that my copy of this disc will be arriving in today's mail from CDBaby!! listening to music

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm hoping that my copy of this disc will be arriving in today's mail from CDBaby!! listening to music

This CD finally arrived today. Will ramble about it some once I've had a chance to spin it. 🤘

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:53 am

I'm on the fourth spin of this disc already so I guess it's safe to post some thoughts...

Man, I still miss these guys. I am totally stoked to finally hear some "new" material from them (even though it's not really "new") for the first time in almost a dozen years! I can safely say that this one will be locked into my CD player for quite a while. You get 22 tracks including some hellaciously cool cover tunes (like "Blitzkrieg Bop," "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and even the Partridge Family's "I Think I Love you!") as well as originals like the catchy-as-hell "Chelsea Hotel," "Blood Suckin Freaks" and "Thunders Falling" (an ode to Johnny Thunders). The material on this disc was compiled from several early 90s demo sessions, some live stuff, and their limited edition "CULT 45" 45 RPM single (which I am thrilled to finally hear as I missed out on snagging a copy of it back in 96) so production quality varies from track to track. Despite that, the sound quality remains listenable throughout (i.e. there's nothing "bootleg" here).

Even though I usually say that odds-and-ends releases like these are "for diehards only" I'd say that anyone who likes their hard rock on the gritty side (with a dash of punk for flavor) would enjoy this disc.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the same label (Main Man Records) is about to reissue BB's THE AMERICAN DREAM album as well; newcomers to the band might wanna start with THE AMERICAN DREAM, and if you like what you hear on that, then WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE would make for an excellent second course.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 am

It appears that the "deluxe edition" reissue of Bad Biscut's THE AMERICAN DREAM? is now available too...

http://cdbaby.com/cd/badbiscut2

tohostudios wrote:
Good stuff!

I too shall be ordering.

Toho, did you ever order WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE? If so, what'd ya think?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Already posted this in the "Lost Gem" thread but in case ya missed it, I found this video for Bad Biscut's cover of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" while trolling YouTube this evening... never saw it before, or even knew that it existed!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:10 am

That's messing with my head. Are those the right lyrics? I have no idea; I'm all confused. I've heard that song a zillion times, too. Haha. If those are the lyrics, then that's an awesome cover!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
That's messing with my head. Are those the right lyrics? I have no idea; I'm all confused. I've heard that song a zillion times, too. Haha. If those are the lyrics, then that's an awesome cover!

Yea, those are the right lyrics as far as I can tell... the wailing vox and the sped-up tempo make it sound like a whole different song...

Check it out, I posted a comment under that video on YouTube when I found it last night, this morning I got a personal message from the guy who posted it ... turns out he was Bad Biscut's drummer. (He sez "I'm glad to see we have at least one fan left," haha). He sez he's got a few other B.B. videos that he's going to upload to YouTube, when he does I shall provide linkage... 🤘

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:59 am

Cool band!!!! Never heard of them til I saw your post on Lost gem thread, their version of " Highway To Hell" was different, thanks for the intro and I will have look into this band further.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:02 am

manny wrote:
Cool band!!!! Never heard of them til I saw your post on Lost gem thread, their version of " Highway To Hell" was different, thanks for the intro and I will have look into this band further.

No problem Manny... if you want to check out their CDs, both of them (The American Dream? and We Still Believe The Hype) are available from CDBaby... tell'em Fat Freddy sent you. 🤘

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 am

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Badbiscut3

...make that three discs, Manny... CDBaby now has "Shag Abbey," a follow up to "The American Dream?" that was supposed to be released in 1997 but ended up being shelved till now ... damn, I never knew this existed either! Guess I gotta start saving up my lunch money so I can get this and the Deliverance reissues from CDBaby sometime soon...

http://cdbaby.com/cd/badbiscut3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next