Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROLLING STONES

Go down 
+24
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Addy
metalinmyveins
TheGooch
manny
XYZ
James B.
Fat Freddy
assault_attack
exact33
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
tohostudios
EvyMetal
White_Mage
rattpoison
ghost
spiritoradio
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
Shiney
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Their last studio album 'A Bigger Bang' is pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Bigger Bang is great.

There are songs by the Stones i don't care for, but i don't think they've ever made a dud album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:45 pm

I'm a 68' to 72' guy regarding The Stones. What a run !

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 pm

James B. wrote:
I'm a 68' to 72' guy regarding The Stones. What a run !

Aren't we all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 am

I recently watched the Copacabana Beach, Brazil show from the Bigger Bang tour where the Stones played to an estimated 1.2 million people!

I'm telling you, Mick still has more energy and charisma then a lot of front men a third his age.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 am

ROLLING STONES - Page 3 83628

I purchased the newest Rolling Stones DVD, 'Ladies and Gentlemen' a concert filmed in 1972, featuring IMO the best era of the Rolling Stones career, the Mick Taylor era, the band is on fire, raw and playing with tons of energy (in the Stones case that always seems to be the case anyway, even to this present day) promoting their 'Exile On Main Street' if you are a fan you should pick it up, worth the price of admission.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 am

manny wrote:
ROLLING STONES - Page 3 83628

I purchased the newest Rolling Stones DVD, 'Ladies and Gentlemen' a concert filmed in 1972, featuring IMO the best era of the Rolling Stones career, the Mick Taylor era, the band is on fire, raw and playing with tons of energy (in the Stones case that always seems to be the case anyway, even to this present day) promoting their 'Exile On Main Street' if you are a fan you should pick it up, worth the price of admission.

I like the earlier stuff as well, but The Mick Taylor era is best (IMHO)

Afterwards surprised hit-n-miss... good songs here and there I suppose. The last good lp as a whole="Some Girls"

Laterz

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm

The new single is great!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:48 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 50 year mark as a band, the lads still have it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Pretty sweet. Catchy.

This came from outta nowhere, didn't it? I didn't think they were doing a new album anytime soon. There's a rumor that they'll do a final farewell tour next year to celebrate 50 years of Stones, but this is the first I've heard of new music.

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:57 pm

It's from their new commemorative collection album called "Grrr", released in a 50 track 3-CD set or 80-Track 4-CD + 7-inch LP set.

There are two new songs, Doom & Gloom and another called One More Shot.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Ah, that would 'splain it.

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 pm

There are two versions of Doom & Gloom on iTunes. The single version with a drum machine and the album version with actual drums.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm

That is one great tune. Makes me feel like we need a new Stones album - like now!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Good song. I'm not buying yet another Stones collection to get it though. Looks like I'm going to go the download route.

BTW, as an aside, the Stones Voodoo Lounge tour stop I saw at Giants Stadium is still the best concert I've ever seen.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Ill be getting the 3 cd set! GReat song too!!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Good song. I'm not buying yet another Stones collection to get it though. Looks like I'm going to go the download route.

BTW, as an aside, the Stones Voodoo Lounge tour stop I saw at Giants Stadium is still the best concert I've ever seen.

I saw them in 1989, Steel Wheels tour and still one of the best concerts I have ever seen

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 pm

That Steel Wheels tour was amazing. Saw it at RFK in D.C. on two consecutive nights. Crazy to think at the time one of the selling points to it was "see the Stones while you can - they can't keep on forever". That was 23 YEARS ago! Incredible.

Thing that I always remember was Living Colour opening and playing one of the most energetic sets I'd ever seen. I actually felt bad that the Stones would have to follow that. But did they ever deliver and then some. Funny thing was LC wasn't nearly as great the second night but the Stones even topped themselves from the previous night.

Wish they'd put the new songs out as a single. I just don't want to buy another collection of songs I already have.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

I saw Steel Wheels in L.A

Living Color opened and G n R was the middle band.....nice show

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am

It was announced that the Stones are playing 4 shows this December, 2 in London and 2 in New Jersey. More details are forthcoming.

I saw them for the first time on the Steel Wheels tour as well. My buddy won tickets off the radio. We were so high up and far from the stage, everyone looked like ants.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It was announced that the Stones are playing 4 shows this December, 2 in London and 2 in New Jersey. More details are forthcoming.

I saw them for the first time on the Steel Wheels tour as well. My buddy won tickets off the radio. We were so high up and far from the stage, everyone looked like ants.

hmmm... i might have to skip my mortgage payment for the show in NJ...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 am

S.D. wrote:
The new single is great!

Heard this exactly three times on local smurf poo radio and YES!!! This is seriously the best song they have done since Tattoo You, imo. And my opinion rulez..........
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 am

Quote :

Hope they add more dates. Like an L.A. one.

Cool that the song is getting radio play. I wonder though if that means anything anymore?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 am

jstate wrote:
Quote :

Hope they add more dates. Like an L.A. one.

Probably. These 4 are just some warm-ups for next year. I read in 2 seperate interviews, one with Keith and one with Charlie, and both hinted that they are going to celebrate 50 years of Rolling Stones by doing a big stadium tour and that it could be a farewell. 2012 is technically 50 years, but Keef said they couldn't get it together for this year, so it would take place in 2013.

Of course we all know how well those "farewell tours" go, so I guess we'll wait and see.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 pm

I see where the WWE is producing the PPV of the 12/15 concert. I may actually buy that. $44.95 for the HD version.

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROLLING STONES
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next