Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROLLING STONES

Go down 
+24
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
Addy
metalinmyveins
TheGooch
manny
XYZ
James B.
Fat Freddy
assault_attack
exact33
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
tohostudios
EvyMetal
White_Mage
rattpoison
ghost
spiritoradio
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
Shiney
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It’s weird how life is...
Mick is the one that supposedly keeps in shape and lives clean etc, and then you have Keith, a guy that snorted every drug under the sun. You would assume Keith would have the health issues before Mick.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the running standup comedian joke about the only things that can survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches and Keith Richards is actually a truism.

I love The Stones so get well Mick!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Until recently I was only familiar with the radio hits, but I've been going through their discography lately. I'm on Some Girls today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 2:32 pm

glassprison wrote:
Until recently I was only familiar with the radio hits, but I've been going through their discography lately. I'm on Some Girls today.

They were at their creative apex in the 70's. Some Girls, although I personally love it, is where you could start to see a few cracks in the armor.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 8:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
glassprison wrote:

They were at their creative apex in the 70's. Some Girls, although I personally love it, is where you could start to see a few cracks in the armor.

Yeah that sound about right.

But I could still find songs to enjoy on every Stones album after that.  And then "Bridges To Babylon" came out.  sick

But The Stones still put on great shows.  I keep saying it but here I go again:

The Voodoo Lounge tour I saw at Giants Stadium in '94 is still the best concert I've ever seen.  Not only was the band's performance spot-on but they also had a ton of guests and a spectacular "Alien-looking" stage complete with a giant "arm" that Mick constantly ran up and down on but also inflatable monsters that shot lasers from their eyes.

I have DVDs of post-Bridges Stones concerts and they're all still great so even that crappy album didn't really affect the greatness of their concerts; the ones I have on DVD remind me a lot of my pre-Bridges concert experience.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 11:05 am

Glad you gave me a heads up about Bridges to Babylon. I just reached that one last night. I don't mind some of the bizarre elements like the occasional hip hop track thrown in a bridge. The songs themselves are just dreadful for the most part.

I'm listening to A Bigger Bang now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 9:16 pm

I must be a die hard Stones fan, I liked the album, great lyrics, they chose to experiment and like the fact that they keep moving forward, not just doing the 5th millionth re-write of 'Satisfaction'
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 9:12 am

The last album I genuinely liked by the Stones was Tattoo You. The little bits and songs I've heard on the radio since then have been ok, but nothing that made me want to buy the albums. I did have Steel Wheels on tape back in the day though.

I will say that Blue & Lonesome is quite awesome, however it's an album of old blues covers, not originals.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 12:35 am

ROLLING STONES - Page 5 The-2010s-are
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING STONES   ROLLING STONES - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROLLING STONES
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5