Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD Regret

Go down 
+26
DeathCult
exact33
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
Stender
jstate
sam
thejokeriv
Chairman_Smith
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Troublezone
TrogDawn
AchrisK
Shiney
Thrasher73
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
arttieTHE1manparty
sovdat
mc666
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 1:11 am

Yeah, it's one of those phases of being younger. To tell the truth, I don't mind Eminem's first two albums... commence flaming.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 2:36 am

Anthrax is my favourite rap band! Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 4:25 am

The self titled Trouble record that was produced by Rick Rubin. I can't believe i sold that cuz now it's long out of print and the only copies available are a lot of money or just plain hard to find. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Along the lines of regret, years ago I remember seeing a copy of one of Pantera's pre-"Cowboy" releases (the one with the cartoonish panther) in a used shop and passing it up because I thought $10 bucks was too much for a used cd.

Seeing what they go for now on eBay, I wish I grabbed it up when I had the chance.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 6:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Along the lines of regret, years ago I remember seeing a copy of one of Pantera's pre-"Cowboy" releases (the one with the cartoonish panther) in a used shop and passing it up because I thought $10 bucks was too much for a used cd.

Seeing what they go for now on eBay, I wish I grabbed it up when I had the chance.

But the pre Cowboy releases sucked and alot after the post Cowbot sucked too:sick
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:20 pm

I once traded Eagles' Hell Freezes Over for Firehouse's debut. angry

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:53 pm

I don't think i've ever traded off anything I would have wanted. I've traded off compilations after I've finished discographies, and I don't think i've ever regreted it, besides going for some CDs for roadtrips and going "damn, I wish I still had that."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Getting rid of my "secular" collection in the 80's - seemed like the thing to do, wish I hadn't!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:42 pm

i hope to avoid the feeling, when i finally started collecting cds i deicded early on that i get rid of nothing, though this could create a space problem, but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

I also traded off that Trouble record, along with Tora Tora, Baton Rouge, Trouble Tribe, and the Sea Hags along with some others from that time-frame. This was just after that era had passed. Figured I wouldn't be listening to them much. Don't know what hurts worse - not having them or seeing some of the prices they get.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:19 pm

I havent experienced the agony of this yet and hopefuly I will never have to, all the CD's and tapes I have traded were nothing special.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Stender wrote:
I havent experienced the agony of this yet and hopefuly I will never have to, all the CD's and tapes I have traded were nothing special.

I haven't experienced either, because 1) I don't really trade cd's. 2) I like all my cd's.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:37 am

[quote="Forever A Heath Bar"][quote="trogdawn"]METALLICA - Kill 'Em All vinyl copy on Megaforce signed by all band members when I met them in 1983 - including Cliff! Sad

You sir, are a bad man! Sad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:42 am

Life is too short to regret a CD trade.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:05 am

I've traded off a few CDs only to go "Shoot, I shouldn't have gotten rid of that" later on and eventually re-acquire them.

Fortunately I've never unloaded anything terribly rare or irreplaceable.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 am

I sold/traded my entire vinyl collection in 1990. Thousands of records and CDs. I don't completely regret it. It's probably what I needed to do at the time. I used the money to put a down deposit on my first home. However, there were a few sentimental things I should have held onto that I will never get back.

My autographed copy of Heathen's Rage, that also included some flyers from shows, their 8x10 glossy and a couple of cassette demos, one of which was the last thing they had ever recorded (sans Bob Pizzaro).

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:08 am

spectrefate wrote:

I recently made a trade based on some other member's recommendation. I can't remember who it was, but boy, do I regret it. I don't know what I thinking trading a green-hued vinyl of Ride the Lightning, signed by Cliff, James, Kirk, Lars, Dave Mustaine, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix and Ronald McDonald for a sub-par copy of a Rage cd and a half a tin of chew. Oh well, live and learn I guess. I'm sure I'll find another copy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I recently made a trade based on some other member's recommendation. I can't remember a green-hued vinyl of Ride the Lightning, signed by Cliff, James, Kirk, Lars, Dave Mustaine, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix and Ronald McDonald for a sub-par copy of a Rage cd and a half a tin of chew. Oh well, live and learn I guess. I'm sure I'll find another copy.

You can have my copy. Only thing is, I didn't get Ronald to sign it. I missed him when he was touring New Mexico. angry

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:58 am

I've traded or sold a couple, maybe, that I'd like back but if they were luke-warm then they'd probably be again.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Too many times to mention. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 pm

I just bought road to ruin again on cd since i traded it here and decided i actually did like it...

Alex

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:08 pm

I had some on cassette that I waited too long to get on cd and then they were rare. That Trouble is one. As much as that goes for i'm surprised it doesn't get rereleased.

I've lost a couple over the years like the first Deliverance and The Crucified's, Pillars. That Pillars is very rare.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:49 pm

I know of this all to well. I have sold many cd's that i now regret but i have re-purchased some and others are or were outta print.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:59 pm

The collector in me regrets a few trades, but that's mainly based on the rarity, because most of what I traded I wasn't too into that particular album.

On the other hand, aside from when a good portion of my collection was stolen. I sold off ALOT at one point in time when I hit a financial bad spot that I wish I had back now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:23 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I had some on cassette that I waited too long to get on cd and then they were rare. That Trouble is one. As much as that goes for i'm surprised it doesn't get rereleased.

I've lost a couple over the years like the first Deliverance and The Crucified's, Pillars. That Pillars is very rare.

I was very fortunate to get a copy of The Crucified's Pillars of Humanity on Ebay for $10. Must've been a slow day but it worked out very well for me. Laughing Laughing

I rarely trade CD's - have 1000 of them and I like holding on to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CD Regret - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD Regret   CD Regret - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD Regret
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next