Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No matter how stupid the song is you still like it

Go down 
+13
stormspell
Eyesore
Grimmo
jstate
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
adrian
mc666
DallasBlack
exact33
TheGreatDuck
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Empty
PostSubject: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 pm

I like this song Me & The Boys, by Running Wild off their new album Shadowmaker. My GF laughs when I play this (but she does that with most my songs haha). Yea its corney but I think its catchy and fun.

What about anyone else?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:17 pm

That's the way I am with Dream Evil's "Chasing The Dragon". In spite of having really cheesy dungeon and dragon lyrics and the funny accent ( "drag-awn"), the song is just so damn catchy...

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh, there's tons of them. I never pay attention to lyrics, though, so there's probably a lot of stupid ones that I'm not even aware are stupid.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Oh, there's tons of them. I never pay attention to lyrics, though, so there's probably a lot of stupid ones that I'm not even aware are stupid.
Yeah, same here. The only time I really notice lyrics is if they're really bad or really good.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 pm

i listen to power metal so i am used to cheesy lyrics.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:33 pm

exact33 wrote:

I hear ya!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The only time I really notice lyrics is if they're really bad or really good.

X2. I'm exactly the same way.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
i listen to goregrind so i am used to cheesy lyrics.

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 pm

I'd say any of Yngwie's commercial attempts: Heaven Tonight, Teaser, Making Love, etc.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:12 am

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
The only time I really notice lyrics is if they're really bad or really good.

X2. I'm exactly the same way.
X3
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:43 pm

mc666 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
i listen to goregrind so i am used to cheesy lyrics.

Razz

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 pm

I like some songs that happen to have stupid lyrics, but never stupid music. And I like those songs in spite of the stupid lyrics.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm a sucker for "we're a band and we rock" type lyrics. Those can never be too cheesy or over the top for me. I like smart and deep lyrics as much as anyone, but sometimes I just like it fun and loud.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:36 am

Six Feet Under's Amerika The Brutal - this one has ridiculous lyrics, but the tune is rather catchy. The video shown here is even more ridiculous. Razz

Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:31 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I like this song Me & The Boys, by Running Wild off their new album Shadowmaker. My GF laughs when I play this (but she does that with most my songs haha). Yea its corney but I think its catchy and fun.

What about anyone else?
Eww. Haha. And is that a drum machine?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:29 am

Eyesore wrote:

You bet! And there aint anyone else involved either, so " Me and the boys" is not really applicable in this case
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 pm

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You bet! And there aint anyone else involved either, so " Me and the boys" is not really applicable in this case
lol!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

Laughing very hard that is very true! At least he has a good sound with the programmed drums though. The last few albums really bothered me.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Helloween-Rise And Fall
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

Laughing very hard that is very true! At least he has a good sound with the programmed drums though. The last few albums really bothered me.
I don't typically mind drum machines. What bugs me is when the person programming them inserts these weird, out-of-place fills or random snare hit. That drives me bananas. That song above has that. It just doesn't sound right.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

I don't typically mind drum machines. What bugs me is when the person programming them inserts these weird, out-of-place fills or random snare hit. That drives me bananas. That song above has that. It just doesn't sound right.

Yea thats my biggest problem with that besides the sound. They make these impossible beats a human can't play and it just sounds so fake. Less is always better with programmed drums.

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Less as in "don't use them at all if you don't know how to program".
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:59 pm

I really don't get it. This is an album on major label with major distribution,. Rolf surely has been given a budget sufficient to hire whoever, whatever is necessary for decent recording. Instead he keeps churning those home-made recordings insulting die-hard fans and ruining RW reputation to the ground...

There must be some reason in churning those home rehearsals and passing them under the RW moniker, I just cannot fathom why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Cause no one bought the Toxic Taste thing he did so he will just do what every other band has done, that is in the same situation, just keep using a name everyone knows to sell their albums. He obviously doesn't like anyone else telling him what to do or making suggestions with RW so why not keep the name and just do everything yourself?

I personally like the new album. I've listened to it a lot lately. Yea its not about pirates and it doesn't have those fast paced guitars and drums that start off every album, which made every album sound almost identicle. It was time for a change anyway. The only song I find to be boring is the last one Dracula.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Cause no one bought the Toxic Taste thing he did so he will just do what every other band has done, that is in the same situation, just keep using a name everyone knows to sell their albums. He obviously doesn't like anyone else telling him what to do or making suggestions with RW so why not keep the name and just do everything yourself?

I personally like the new album. I've listened to it a lot lately. Yea its not about pirates and it doesn't have those fast paced guitars and drums that start off every album, which made every album sound almost identicle. It was time for a change anyway. The only song I find to be boring is the last one Dracula.

i havent gotten the album yet but i have liked what i have heard. Its different but he does manage to pull it off.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No matter how stupid the song is you still like it   No matter how stupid the song is you still like it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No matter how stupid the song is you still like it
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next