Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"

Go down 
+48
SpectreFate
Infinite
Lazlo Toth
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
Wargod
7thSecond
nevermore
Tur-Thalion
Citanul
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Big Rich
adrian
metalinmyveins
DevZor
Leatherface
Psychotron
chewie
Sutekh
glassprison
Lurideath
MetalFRO
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
stormspell
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jstate
exact33
speed101
thejokeriv
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
Witchfinder
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 pm

he needs a bigger bus for his ego.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:49 pm

He had a special trailer made to tow behind the bus for it.

Quote :

I heard Geoff had a blow up doll made of himself....When he talks to it after sex...he wonders....."is anybody listening"

First he croons he's gonna get close to you.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Then he says I don't believe in love

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Artwork and track listing. If anyone cares about it.
Quote :
04. Say U Luv It
Geoff, Y U NO stop using this modern slang, it doesn't fit. It reminds me of "Dedicated to Chaos" which is a crime.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Quote :
04. Say U Luv It
Geoff, Y U NO stop using this modern slang, it doesn't fit. It reminds me of "Dedicated to Chaos" which is a crime.

He's just picking up where he left off with his last solo album (Dedicated To Chaos).... Of course, I think he should have called the new one "Dedicated to BS"

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Quote :
04. Say U Luv It

He's just picking up where he left off with his last solo album (Dedicated To Chaos).... Of course, I think he should have called the new one "Dedicated to BS"

He thinks he's Prince...

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Quote :
04. Say U Luv It

He thinks he's Prince...

He's not the only rocker to do that, Steelheart titled their most recent album "Good 2 B Alive". Of course, we can go all the way back to 1988 and see that Stryper also used this with "Its Up 2 U".
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Hadley wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Quote :
04. Say U Luv It

He thinks he's Prince...

He's not the only rocker to do that, Steelheart titled their most recent album "Good 2 B Alive". Of course, we can go all the way back to 1988 and see that Stryper also used this with "Its Up 2 U".

RATT did it with "U Got It"...
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Funny how some times too much of something is never good.

Had Geoff Tate split from Queensryche (on amicable terms) and pursued a solo career after Empire, or even after Promised Land, most people would have still praised Queensryche even to this day and I would venture to say most people would even consider those albums I mentioned as Queensryche evolving and showing their progressive nature. Some might even wish for more and I guess even under the circumstances, some still do/did.

The situation for Queensryche could have turned out like that for Maiden, original singer leaving to pursue a solo career only to return several years later, re-energized and interested re-starting or continuing the original band's legacy. Nothing wrong with that and if that is the measure needed to save a band from a disaster and unending internal bickering then so be it.

Would you say it was an element of greed? insecurity? selfishness? that led to this.

Clearly Tate was no longer interested in recording the type of albums 'ryche had in the late 80s / early 90s, yet he stuck in with the band until things imploded. I guess he figured as a solo artist he didn't have the same pull factor as Bruce Dickinson or Rob Halford and probably saw it more profitable to use 'ryche as a vehicle for his own solo-career aspirations.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Would you say it was an element of greed? insecurity? selfishness? that led to this.

no - it was because Tate got bit by the 'I am the center of the universe and i am going to tell everyone just how cool it is you can hear me sing' bug that infects all lead singers and wide receivers.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

no - it was because Tate got bit by the 'I am the center of the universe and i am going to tell everyone just how cool it is you can hear me sing' bug that infects all lead singers and wide receivers.

In psychology circles, they call it NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Oh yeah, Tate's blow up doll has the long hair mullet ala' Rage For Order era

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Samples from Geoff Tate's latest solo album, Dedicated To Chaos II.... I mean Kings & Thieves are up.

http://www.amazon.de/Kings-Thieves/dp/B009CYVIO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348162608&sr=8-2
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm

After listening to those songs, I can see why he is suing QR - if they make another album no one will believe he wrote those earlier songs.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
After listening to those songs, I can see why he is suing QR - if they make another album no one will believe he wrote those earlier songs.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Lazlo Toth
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

In psychology circles, they call it NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)

Or more simply, LSD - Lead Singer's Disease....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Samples from Geoff Tate's latest solo album, Dedicated To Chaos II.... I mean Kings & Thieves are up.

http://www.amazon.de/Kings-Thieves/dp/B009CYVIO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348162608&sr=8-2

Same boring fodder he's been dishing out for years.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Good grief....does he know any other tempos? Aside from "Change" and "Waiting", there's nothing intriguing there at all. It's obvious his definition of "heavy" and "rock" are unique unto himself.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:25 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Zzzzzzzzzzz......

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Good grief....does he know any other tempos? Aside from "Change" and "Waiting", there's nothing intriguing there at all. It's obvious his definition of "heavy" and "rock" are unique unto himself.

No, no, he's "Redefining" metal!!!!!!!!

OK, redefining it is as crap!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:27 am

exact33 wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

No, no, he's "Redefining" metal!!!!!!!!

OK, redefining it is as crap!!!!

Maybe it's a new genre. There's thrash metal, pop metal, black metal, folk metal, metalcore, death metal, prog-metal, heavy metal. Now we have MUNDANE METAL! \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Ego metal is taken?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Ego metal is taken?

Yngwie Malmsteen and Manowar co-own the patent on that one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Ego metal is taken?

Yngwie Malmsteen and Manowar co-own the patent on that one.

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 25679
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"   Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck" - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate to Rocklahoma, "You Guys Suck"
Page 24 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next