Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking Dead Season 3

Go down 
+13
metalken
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
A Handful of Wayne
Ricky
metalinmyveins
speed101
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Good episode tonight and we lost one more from the group. Not gonna give any spoilers but I had a feeling this character wouldn't be around much longer. I figured the one closest to him/her would be the one who "offed" them.

Yep but it still was a bit of a shocker. This season has been fantastic and I can't wait til the finale next week.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Plus Motorhead and Ted Nugent on the soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 am

I thought that was a great ending to the season. Not a cliff hanger, but a few unanswered questions to take us into the fourth season. Won't post spoilers for those not caught up yet. Yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 am

Anybody got the walkind dead video game?

It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:17 pm

The game is good, I have it for Xbox, but it is notorious for being buggy. I had a game save crash that took me all the way to the beginning after hours of playing. Still fun stuff though.

As for the season finale, I'm with what seems like the majority of viewers in being thoroughly disappointed. Other than several heavy lapses in logic, the ending was about as Frank Capra as you can get for a zombie show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:39 pm

corplhicks wrote:
The game is good, I have it for Xbox, but it is notorious for being buggy. I had a game save crash that took me all the way to the beginning after hours of playing. Still fun stuff though.

As for the season finale, I'm with what seems like the majority of viewers in being thoroughly disappointed. Other than several heavy lapses in logic, the ending was about as Frank Capra as you can get for a zombie show.

I have tot totally agree with your view of the season finale. What made it even worse, was taking Andrea's storyline for the finale and how it paralleled the prior week of Merle's storyline. Both characters had were on this journey of either finding their true selves (Merle) or re-connecting with who they were at the beginning of their character arc (Andrea). Ultimately, their final moments hinged on redemption, and it worked fine for me with Merle, as we discovered a side of the man we had never seen, but I thought Andrea's demise was met with total and utter disappointment. From the moment the finale started, I knew that Andrea was not going to make it, which was disappointing. Not because, I loved her multidimensional character, but due to the fact that it was too obvious what was going to play out. The episode didn't need to be action oriented, it needed to be one of those, "I didn't see that coming". After season 2, I couldn't wait for season 3. I'm not even close to feeling that way post season 3. Season 4 will get here, when it gets here....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Yes, it ended in such an obvious way, and the few wtf moments were nonsensical, like when the gov starts shooting everyone and no one shoots back, or even that his henchmen look on in shock and just end up getting in the truck with him.

Andrea's been a bit...well, stupid this season, but really it's like you said, she's multi-dimensional and it's not stupidity but unconventional good intentions firing back on her (even though she used to be a hardass). This time, though, her death was a result of sheer stupidity. Taking her sweet time to get out of her bonds? Poor direction and writing all around. It's a horrible disservice to her character and destroyed any hopes I had of her redemption, therefore sealing her fate as the one growingly unlikeable character on the show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:18 am

I didn't think the season ender was particularly good or bad. It just didn't feel like a "season finale" to me. There was no real cliffhanger, nor did it feel like anything was resolved.

It was pretty frickin' cool when the Governor snapped and shot up all of his bully boys after they got their asses whooped at the prison, though. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I didn't think the season ender was particularly good or bad. It just didn't feel like a "season finale" to me. There was no real cliffhanger, nor did it feel like anything was resolved.

It was pretty frickin' cool when the Governor snapped and shot up all of his bully boys after they got their asses whooped at the prison, though. Very Happy

It was cool but it hit me at the commercials: they all were armed. Were they all that panicky not to shoot back?

It wasn't a season finale at all; it was almost filler like Breaking Bad's "Fly" except for Andrea's death. A lot of viewers such as myself had been expecting a major war, similar to the comics, but nooooo. It's all red herring.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:22 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It was cool but it hit me at the commercials: they all were armed. Were they all that panicky not to shoot back?

It wasn't a season finale at all; it was almost filler like Breaking Bad's "Fly" except for Andrea's death. A lot of viewers such as myself had been expecting a major war, similar to the comics, but nooooo. It's all red herring.

I thought the scene where the Governor's men broke into the prison was fairly unfulfilling. Did anyone of the Governor's people even die inside the prison? I thought it was laughable when Glenn and Maggie yelled "We did it"! I immediately said to myself, "Did What"? The group should be thanking their lucky stars that the Governor has gone absolutely loony at this point.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought the scene where the Governor's men broke into the prison was fairly unfulfilling. Did anyone of the Governor's people even die inside the prison? I thought it was laughable when Glenn and Maggie yelled "We did it"! I immediately said to myself, "Did What"? The group should be thanking their lucky stars that the Governor has gone absolutely loony at this point.

I thought the show was going in a favorably nihilistic direction after season 2, and i think an exploration of retribution would have been fancy--in other words, Carl was right. If you're led like a lamb to the slaughter, you're most likely going to get slaughtered since, hey, you were dumb enough to be led without any objectivity in the first place. Thus the gov and his lambs should have been locked up in the prison with a buttload of walkers. But maybe I'm just a mean-spirited bastard.

In any case, the show was asking tough, morally ambiguous questions at first, akin to Battlestar Galactica (remake), but now it's taking a friendlier route, imo.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm

the 3rd season ends in a somewhat soft way.

I was hoping they'd leave the prison for a new and unknown destination.

I like it more when the group is on the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead Season 3
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3