Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking Dead Season 3

Go down 
+13
metalken
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
A Handful of Wayne
Ricky
metalinmyveins
speed101
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
007 wrote:
Very good ! Much better than season 2 for sure. Although I didn't mind Lori going, I thought losing T-Dog was an error. I would have loved to see him confront Merle once there's the inevitable meet up with the characters and the people of Woodbury.

Sad but inevitable, he's been wearing a red shirt since the 1st episode. Carol was more of a surprise as well as how soon they took Lori out.

Am I missing something with Carol ? Last I saw was T-dog basically sacrificing himself for her to get past the walkers,her going past them,through the door,turns to look back........and that's it. All I saw in the aftermath was them discovering T-dog's corpse and Carol's scarf.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 am

I don't think Carol is dead...she's trapped somewhere inside.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That was what I was thinking too. I just thought maybe I missed something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Are you sure about that? Cuz in Sunday night's episode, Glenn was digging a grave and told the prisoners he "needed two more" - three graves would be Lori, T-Dog, and Carol.

Also...at the end, Darryl left a white flower on one of the graves, and he and Carol had a "moment" last season concerning the same type of flower when they were searching for Sophia.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Are you sure about that? Cuz in Sunday night's episode, Glenn was digging a grave and told the prisoners he "needed two more" - three graves would be Lori, T-Dog, and Carol.

Also...at the end, Darryl left a white flower on one of the graves, and he and Carol had a "moment" last season concerning the same type of flower when they were searching for Sophia.

Maybe it's a ceremonial empty grave since there was no body (and she's just presumed dead)? I don't know. Just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
How's everyone diggin' the season thus far?

I hate to say it, but I'm kinda glad that Rick's wife is gone... she's been an irritant virtually since the first episode. Very Happy

Here's the deal, even though I haven't read the comic, I knew that Lori was going to die. With that being said, I know that the T.V show hasn't been following the comic to a "T". If that were the case, Shane would have not lived post Season one, Sofia would still be alive, T-Dog, Daryl, and Merle would not be characters on this show, Lori would have died a much different death, and Carol would have died last season.

Getting back to Lori, I don't like that she's dead, due to the fact that she represented one half of the mother's on this show. Lori and Carol bring/brought a totally different philosophy to the group. Even though both have had to adapt to this post apocalyptic world, I don't believe either ever lost their over protective motherly qualities, which was good. They maybe were irritating at times, but due to what they represented in this world, they brought a very different dynamic to the show. It's not only important to have a female representation on this show, but I think it's very important to have a representation of females, who are also Mothers. Like I've stated on The Walking Dead/AMC boards, I don't believe for a second that characters like Michonne or Andrea can be those two women. They are your weekend warrior, dare I say, testosterone laden women. I like both of them very much and the dynamic they bring, but they don't offer as a substitute to either Lori or Carol. I do think Maggie could be that substitute for Lori and possibly Carol (though I still think she's very much alive), but I don't know if she's ready to assume that role, as she's one of those females who is on the front lines. Whereas Lori and Carol, could assume that role when needed, but they more or less were there to hold down the fort.

I've always liked T.V shows where the motto is "Nobody is safe". I think it's fine for a T.V show to live by that motto, as long as the deaths in a show are to move the storyline forward. If you kill a character off to just to kill that person, and it doesn't advance the storyline, or when you don't have someone to suitably replace that character, then I believe you're playing with fire. "24" was the first show I ever watched (from day one), where the motto was "Nobody is safe". The show actually did a good job with their killing of fan favorites, but then one season they went kill happy (season 5). And while it didn't hurt the overall storyline for season 5, which was one of the best, it absolutely destroyed any cohesiveness for season 6. TPTB, relied on recycled story lines, and new characters, who just didn't gel. In other words, it was an absolute disaster, and the show for all intents and purposes never recovered.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:48 pm

007 wrote:
Very good ! Much better than season 2 for sure. Although I didn't mind Lori going, I thought losing T-Dog was an error. I would have loved to see him confront Merle once there's the inevitable meet up with the characters and the people of Woodbury.

I think for season three to have been this effective up to this point, I think the viewer needed a season like last season. I loved season two for the character development, the diverse personalities, the dysfunction, the lack of diplomacy, and the ideology's that came out of this group during tough times. Season one was about a few people holding out for the best, so even though you had this very diverse group working somewhat cohesively, it wasn't until season two, where you saw people at their worst. The true representation of man, is when things are at their worst...By the end of season two, it was what Daryl and Dale said it was, a broken group.

In regards to T-Dog, I enjoyed his character, but when you're under utilized in a T.V show, it doesn't bode well for your future existence. I thought he was going to bite the dust last season, but he held on. Pretty remarkable, considering he was mostly part of the periphery. I hope that Oscar can be everything that T-Dog wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm

In the preview for next week, someone says "That's Carol's knife!" while inside the prison. Glenn had 2 more graves dug because they're assuming the worst since she hasn't come back.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
How's everyone diggin' the season thus far?

I hate to say it, but I'm kinda glad that Rick's wife is gone... she's been an irritant virtually since the first episode. Very Happy

This season has been great so far. I can't believe how when this show first came on I thought it was corney and now my gf and I have to make sure we're home in time on Sundays haha.

Do you really think Lori is gone? Theres a bunch of speculation going on as to if shes really dead especially after this past episode with the bullet being on the floor and then Loris body not being on the floor. Also I don't think Carol is dead either. They kind of messed up with the episode showing Carols scarf. She was clearly wearing it when she walked out the door and then they find it on the floor. I'm betting at least one of them is still alive.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 am

I wondered whether or not Lori was really dead. After watching the Talking Dead after the show Sun night, they were talking about the bloated zombie that Rick found and said that he had eaten Lori.

I still think Carol is alive also.

So far its been a great season!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am

I've already seen 4 episodes.

How many left in season 3?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 am

Gilbert wrote:
I've already seen 4 episodes.

How many left in season 3?

They just had their 5th episode this past Sunday. There will be 16 episodes this season. They have three more episodes, the last one being on December 2nd. Then the show will go on hiatus, and come back sometime in early March, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 am

Told you Carol was alive... Wink

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Great first half of the season. Feb. 10 can't come quick enough Smile .

I'm still holding out that Morgan and Duane will make a re-appearance this season Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm

metalken wrote:
Great first half of the season. Feb. 10 can't come quick enough Smile .

I'm still holding out that Morgan and Duane will make a re-appearance this season Very Happy .

Perfect type of ending for a mid-season finale. No overkill in the death department, though the preview for its return in February sure did give away a ton of insight for the next episode.

I wouldn't get all that hyped for a Morgan and Duane reunion with Rick. It's so hard for purposes of continuity to use kids in a T.V show. The Walking Dead is lucking out due to the fact that Chandler Riggs (Carl Grimes) isn't growing like a weed. Season 2 picked up where Season 1 left off, and Season 3 only had a 10 month gap between that and the previous season. The actor who played Duane is 15 now, and that first episode was shot almost three years ago (May of 2010). In the world of the Walking Dead, the official number of days since the global outbreak stands at 301. So, the timeline for the show hasn't even exceeded a year. This is the problem with casting children, when you don't have huge gaps in between seasons, and it's probably the reason why they killed Sophia off. Sophia survived the farm in the comics, and was raised by Glenn and Maggie. Maybe some people don't care about continuity regarding their T.V shows or movies, but I'm one of those who likes to keep things as realistic as possible, even in the world of a zombie apocalypse.

Malcolm David Kelly (Walt Lloyd "Lost") was a prime example of the show's staff not knowing how to utilize him after the first season and a half. There were no time gaps in that show for the most part, so when you saw his character at the beginning of the second season, he had hit a huge growth spurt and it really screwed with the continuity of the show. He was used sparingly in that second season, and you rarely saw him after that.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_show_Timeline

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm

It's not uncommon to replace "minor role" characters. If they wanted to, they could find a Duane lookalike for a brief reunion.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's not uncommon to replace "minor role" characters. If they wanted to, they could find a Duane lookalike for a brief reunion.

But they won't, because they aren't a Soap Opera...

I don't think we'll hear any voice overs of Robert Kirkman saying..."Now playing the role of Duane Jones ___________________.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't think we'll hear any voice overs of Robert Kirkman saying..."Now playing the role of Duane Jones ___________________.

Doesn't have to be a soap opera. Many films and TV shows have done it. Or they could write-off Duane's character and just have the dad for a while.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Doesn't have to be a soap opera. Many films and TV shows have done it. Or they could write-off Duane's character and just have the dad for a while.

I think they would have to kill of Duane, but then again, I also don't find those two to be very significant characters. They were likeable, and they helped Rick in establishing what he was facing as he headed out, but their storyline never went beyond that initial episode. Films and movies have done this, and most of the time it is an epic failure.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 pm

2 days to go.
Btw, I was joking about Morgan and Duane.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:26 pm

How did everybody like last night's "return" episode? I think Rick has finally gone totally 'round the bend. He's been teetering on the edge all season but last night it looked like he finally snapped.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 pm

I enjoyed it, but then again, not much happened that furthered the plot (save for Daryl and Merle's decision to leave the group).

And Ghost Lori was pretty cool, too.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 pm

It was a good episode. I actually jumped when Glenn opened the truck door and one of the walkers jumped out at him. And the subsequent head stomping scene was pretty gnarly.

I am still trying to figure out who the title "Suicidal King" referred to - Rick or the Governor. Both seem at edge of all out insanity. And getting everybody killed in the process.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 am

Good episode tonight and we lost one more from the group. Not gonna give any spoilers but I had a feeling this character wouldn't be around much longer. I figured the one closest to him/her would be the one who "offed" them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 am

Hail 'n' farewell,
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3   Walking Dead Season 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead Season 3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next