Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking Dead - Season 4

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
mikeinfla
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Walking Dead - Season 4 Empty
PostSubject: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Well, another season has come and gone. This one was interesting but also very boring in parts. Some episodes could have been broken up in 10 min stories and featured others from the cast. I really liked the last episode and can't wait for the start of season 5.... I found the "moonshine" episode to be incredibly boring.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 8:17 pm

A VAST, VAST, VAST improvement over the last season. The new head writer has chops. The arc was engaging, the characters logical, and it stuck much closer to the source material. I loved it, all the way through, not boring at all (the past couple of seasons have defined boredom). And nice to see the governor get his ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Never had a problem with this show. I never found it boring and thought it was pretty compelling. Really looking forward to next season.. "They're screwing with the wrong people".
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 pm

007 wrote:
Never had a problem with this show. I never found it boring and thought it was pretty compelling. Really looking forward to next season.. "They're screwing with the wrong people".

It's totally too bad they couldn't quote verbatim the actual line from the comic there ("they're f*cking with the wrong people") but it still gave me chills regardless.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 am

corplhicks wrote:
007 wrote:

It's totally too bad they couldn't quote verbatim the actual line from the comic there ("they're f*cking with the wrong people") but it still gave me chills regardless.

Yeah ,I knew that's how it was written but I don't know if they could have pulled that off without censoring (which I can't stand). My daughter used to watch all those terrible shows on MTV and I swear every other word was beeped out. Drove me nuts.

Still, a cool ending regardless.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:50 am

007 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
007 wrote:

Yeah ,I knew that's how it was written but I don't know if they could have pulled that off without censoring (which I can't stand). My daughter used to watch all those terrible shows on MTV and I swear every other word was beeped out. Drove me nuts.

Still, a cool ending regardless.

I'm right there with you on the beeping. Sounds like morse code on those bloody reality shows.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:55 am

Yeah, I liked this season a lot. Carol is my new hero. She's utterly hardcore. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:02 pm

I didn't think Season 4 was any better/worse than Season 3... I thought it was on par, with a few boring episode (aside from the zombie attack of the week).....

It's starting to get interesting again - the "separated/roaming the zombie train tracks" was a bit boring, but the show picked up towards the end of the season
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Season 4 was fun. Much better than season 3.

Found me a new hero in carol.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:09 pm

I also appreciated the decision to really push boundaries in season 4. The violence was amped up, the is-Judith-dead-or-not scenario was unsettling, and the situation with the two little girls--God, my nerves. And now, cannibalism.

What I'm really happy about is they're finally returning to the comic scenarios. Season 3 strayed so far from it that any connection to Kirkman's work was purely basic concept only. The comic has a lot of disturbing, intense and provocative shit that translates well onto the screen.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 pm

This show has never bored me....it could be 3 hours long, every week, and I'd be glued to my TV for every single second of it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 pm

The season itself did not bore me except for the moonshine episode. I just wish we woud've seen more characters in that episode but it was good character development of Daryl and Beth.

I also enjoy the Talking Dead PODCAST (unaffiliated with the show, but a darn good podcast).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:30 am

mikeinfla wrote:
The season itself did not bore me except for the moonshine episode. I just wish we woud've seen more characters in that episode but it was good character development of Daryl and Beth.

Yeah that was the annual "bottle episode" where they shoot an ep on the cheap with very little concept and secondary characters. In this case the ep was scheduled on awards night. I think they did it well too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 pm

*SPOILER*

Loved this season and it went back to the basics IMO. What I fell in love with, is how they used any means necessary to survive. Season 3 lost that with me. Now it's back to relying on each other and kicking some ass.

I most certainly am not looking forward to Negan. I know he's a staple in the comics, but I could do without him. It will be interesting though to see when he makes his appearance and if "Lucille" meets Glenn.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:21 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
*SPOILER*

Loved this season and it went back to the basics IMO.  What I fell in love with, is how they used any means necessary to survive.  Season 3 lost that with me.  Now it's back to relying on each other and kicking some ass.  

I most certainly am not looking forward to Negan.  I know he's a staple in the comics, but I could do without him.  It will be interesting though to see when he makes his appearance and if "Lucille" meets Glenn.

I, on the other hand, am looking forward to Negan. And the thing I keep seeing all over the internet is that Beth was taken by the people (cannibals) from Terminus but I'm thinking she is where Negan & the Saviors are (considering the car that she was taken in had a cross painted on the rear window) but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 pm

007 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
*SPOILER*

Loved this season and it went back to the basics IMO.  What I fell in love with, is how they used any means necessary to survive.  Season 3 lost that with me.  Now it's back to relying on each other and kicking some ass.  

I most certainly am not looking forward to Negan.  I know he's a staple in the comics, but I could do without him.  It will be interesting though to see when he makes his appearance and if "Lucille" meets Glenn.

I, on the other hand, am looking forward to Negan. And the thing I keep seeing all over the internet is that Beth was taken by the people (cannibals) from Terminus but I'm thinking she is where Negan & the Saviors are (considering the car that she was taken in had a cross painted on the rear window) but we shall see.

I think his character is great but I'm looking at it as if it were Season 3. That season lacked because of the Gov. The Walking Dead isn't a superhero show, it's about surviving. When the show put Rick against the Gov, it lacked any form of honesty with me. It was like a hero vs villain movie.

I want to see them on the run from hordes of zombies. Going into houses and scavenging. That's what I fell in love with. The human interacting is great, but when a full season is only about that, I got bored.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 12:06 am

I haven't read the comics so I don't know Negan. Might pick up some back issues later on. Don't want too many spoilers I like this show to surprise me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:46 am

I've only read the first two compendiums, so I haven't gotten to Negan's character yet. Do we really know he's gonna be featured on the show?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:04 am

corplhicks wrote:
I've only read the first two compendiums, so I haven't gotten to Negan's character yet. Do we really know he's gonna be featured on the show?

The producers said there is a 99% chance. Pretty good odds if you ask me Wink
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:35 am

And I don't think that is a coincidence of the car with the cross in the window.Bring on Negan and the Saviors !
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:31 pm

I'll just post this in this thread. This looks pretty awesome and I'm loving some of the makeup on the walkers.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 am

Man, this has me excited for season 5!! What a great trailer. The whole time I was thinking Beth must be dead and BAM there she is at the very end!
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 4:54 pm

season 5 is about to start.

bring it on.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:19 pm

As long as they carry on this disturbing, nihilistic, and morally ambiguous tone, I'm in. This past season got downright nasty, and for good measure, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 4   Walking Dead - Season 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead - Season 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next