Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need to talk about Riot.

Go down 
+33
Wrecked Neck
Metal Misfit
Vexer6
ultmetal
brokentulsa
Harold Benson
assault_attack
jstate
snooloui
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
bass63
mlotek
ZombieHavoc
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
kmorg
manny
BearOnUnicycle
stpatrik
stormspell
Andy
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
arachnoplasma
tohostudios
adrian
James B.
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:44 pm

It's a bizarre mascot to be sure. But it is iconic. No mistaking it for anything else but a Riot album when it appears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Thundersteel is Riot's best album. To even question this statement would be blasphemous. The Mighty Tior shall smite you.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:41 am

I'm going with Fire Down Under and narita followed by The Restless Breed...and The Riot Live Ep with Rhett Forester slayed!!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 am

Riot had alot of great albums that are kinda overlooked and not talked about...Army Of One, Nightbreaker, Sons of Society, The Brethren of The Long House, inishmore and Through The Storm are all great albums....here is a taste..

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:25 am

Does anyone find it bizarre that Riot will continue on without Mark Reale?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:26 am

ultmetal wrote:

Hence the name change to "Riot V," I imagine.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Hence the name change to "Riot V," I imagine.

Wonder why they don't call themselves QUIET Riot out of respect to their fallen gutiarist?  Razz 

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:51 am

ultmetal wrote:

Personally with Mark Reale gone, IMO the band should have put the bands name to rest.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:28 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Personally with Mark Reale gone, IMO the band should have put the bands name to rest.

Agreed. It seems to be the MO of rock and roll now though. We have Blackfoot touring the country with no original members, and not even a member that toured with the band in past incarnations. Just hand picked by Rick Medlocke. Weird.

You have Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley saying they can be replaced in Kiss.

It's a brave new world.  Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 499945 

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 1:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Not really, but I understand how some wouldn't like it.

I see pros and cons with this. I mean, apparently their bassist wrote a lot of their Thundersteel-era material anyway and he is still writing for them. Their last album was well-received and apparently Mark Reale was too sick to participate much at the time.

It feels more weird without Tony Moore to me since I see this new band as more of an extension of "Thundersteel" than "Fire Down Under".

I can see how band members who have worked hard and contributed a lot over the years wouldn't want to let a band name go that they have helped bring into notoriety. No one wants to start from scratch in this brutal musical climate.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 1:37 pm

As long as its good i'll take it. Its not like they are making trillions of dollars from it anyway.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:18 pm

I don't think it's odd in the least, I do miss Mark, but i'm sure Riot will still be a solid band even without him.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't think it's odd although I can see why some would take offense to it. This is one of those situations that varies person to person. As long as it's good is all that really matters to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:35 pm

I'm fine with them continuing, as Mike Flyntz knew Mark Reale better than most people have. They're a band that never once disappointed, and even the Mike DiMeo era is an acquired taste.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:38 am

I thought it was odd to go on without Reale until I read that Mark and his estate wanted the band to continue. What I think is really odd is that they changed their name to 'Riot V'.

Anyway, looking forward to the new release in October.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:17 am

new riot cd. that's what counts.

I cannot wait
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Any opinions on Riot's Privilege of Power? I'm thinking of beefing up my Riot collection and I found a reasonably priced copy.

I checked it out on YouTube and thought it wasn't bad at all, but I know it got some bad press for adding horns and maybe being too polished.

Thought?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any opinions on Riot's Privilege of Power? I'm thinking of beefing up my Riot collection and I found a reasonably priced copy.

I checked it out on YouTube and thought it wasn't bad at all, but I know it got some bad press for adding horns and maybe being too polished.

Thought?

Excellent album. Highly recommended. I love every second of it and Tony Moore is simply awesome. Go buy now headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:21 am

^^^^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 10:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thought?

Excellent album. Highly recommended. I love every second of it and Tony Moore is simply awesome. Go buy now headbanger

I just might. My Riot collection is severely lacking.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 10:58 am

Quote :
it got some bad press for adding horns and maybe being too polished.

Bah. Horn section ist not tr00 mettle!! :cheese:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
it got some bad press for adding horns and maybe being too polished.

Bah. Horn section ist not tr00 mettle!! :cheese:

Well, uh, see, I was going to buy it for, uh, a friend. Yea. Not for me. I'm too metal for that sissy stuff.

What a Face

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 1:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thought?

I just might. My Riot collection is severely lacking.
Great album, buy it you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 3:51 pm

My riot collection is almost complete, after a decade... Picked up rock city in paris about three weeks ago. Still need to find me a copy of army of one.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Gilbert wrote:
My riot collection is almost complete, after a decade... Picked up rock city in paris about three weeks ago. Still need to find me a copy of army of one.
You can get Army of One fairly cheap here:https://www.discogs.com/Riot-Army-Of-One/release/7125550
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to talk about Riot.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next