Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need to talk about Riot.

Go down 
+33
Wrecked Neck
Metal Misfit
Vexer6
ultmetal
brokentulsa
Harold Benson
assault_attack
jstate
snooloui
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
bass63
mlotek
ZombieHavoc
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
kmorg
manny
BearOnUnicycle
stpatrik
stormspell
Andy
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
arachnoplasma
tohostudios
adrian
James B.
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:35 am

Thats good to name it like that TRIBUTE TO MARK REALE because thats what it is, not RIOT.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Today, out of the blue, I happen to come across new Riot track. Have to say I'm REALLY impressed. Expect something from Thundersteel with slight touch of Rainbow era Riot. Sounds totally like its 1988.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm

I was just giving Thundersteel a listen the other day. Something along those lines would be most welcome. This sounds like it has a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:12 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Today, out of the blue, I happen to come across new Riot track. Have to say I'm REALLY impressed. Expect something from Thundersteel with slight touch of Rainbow era Riot. Sounds totally like its 1988.

I like what I hear there. Impressive
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Guy has a good voice and very close to Tony. Liking that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 pm

I wish riot would go one with tony moore
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Todd does an outstanding job on this song. While I like Moore's singing, his "normal" voice never really did much for me. Listen to Faith and Fire for instance, or Run For Your Life from 88. I'd go as far as saying Todd is capable of doing even better job at mic, and the new track is a solid proof of that.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:20 pm

I've always liked Moore's voice but Todd sounds great on that song. Hope the albums is as good.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:00 am

Sounds true to there style, Hell it may as well be a MARK REALE song.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am

It does have his sound. I wonder who wrote it?
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:35 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
It does have his sound. I wonder who wrote it?

Bassist Don Van Stavern was the main songwriter for the Thundersteel, Privilege of Power & Immortal Soul albums, thus the general style for the forthcoming album will probably be similar.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:57 am

That makes sense. Don is kind of the untalked about member.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Listening to the song again it really feels like a song from thundersteel.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Strong words from this guy who claims to have been very close to Mark Reale. He has a tribute page on facebook and refers to himself as 6th member:

Sorry folks but I have to speak out!
This statement if totally false “The band was encouraged at the request of Mark and the Reale estate to forge ahead in his honor” because Mark was about to leave the “Thundersteel Reunion” to start his new project with Dimeo and can be confirmed by others within Mark’s circle, excluding ALL of the “Thundersteel Reunion” members. The question is …WHY would Mark leave his lifelong legacy to others in the “Thundersteel Reunion” if he was unhappy and was leaving to start his new project. How could Mark give them encouragement when he was in a coma?
This story of Mark giving them the ok to use his legacy, name, mascot and fan base to caring on is totally false! They are just simple filling the vacuum void left behind by Mark. He just didn’t have time to dissolve the “Thundersteel Reunion” and now some members just took over his legacy and came up with this story of the (5) chapter of the band RIOT. That’s a ridiculous story because there is no more RIOT without Mark Reale’s vision, direction and final decision! But sadly many believe that ridiculous story!
6th Member
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Harold Benson
Metal novice
Metal novice
Harold Benson

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Rhett Forrester was fantastic amd I also like Mike DiMeo ... Tha album |"The Privilege of Power" has some good songs , but there are some intros / interludes that are just annoying ...
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Whatever the case, the new song Metal Warrior is the their best since 1990. If it is not a leftover from Mark's basement, then the new album is going to slay.
Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Riotunleashalbumbigger_638
Back to top Go down
Harold Benson
Metal novice
Metal novice
Harold Benson

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Olafsto wrote:
bass63 wrote:
After Guy & Rhett they lost me. Pure garbage after that.  
You think Thundersteel is pure garbage? scratch 

You think Thundersteel is pure garbage? scratch [2]
Back to top Go down
Harold Benson
Metal novice
Metal novice
Harold Benson

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:46 pm

I actually like the "Power Metal" mode of Riot that they adopted since Thundersteel better than the Hard Rockish stuff of their earlier records , altough  some are good. "Born in America" is a fantastic record ...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:20 pm

That cover art is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Harold Benson wrote:
I actually like the "Power Metal" mode of Riot that they adopted since Thundersteel better than the Hard Rockish stuff of their earlier records , altough  some are good. "Born in America" is a fantastic record ...

Born in America is my favorite Riot album....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

It would be if it weren't for that stupid f**king seal mascot. Nothing can make that thing look cool.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It would be if it weren't for that stupid f**king seal mascot. Nothing can make that thing look cool.

He's been around for 30 years. I think it's awesome that they are proud of it. It's one of the most unique things about this band.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:06 pm

007 wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:

I like what I hear there. Impressive

Yeah, This sounds excellent... Whatever name they call themselves this band is tight! They are tearing it up on this song..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

He's been around for 30 years.  I think it's awesome that they are proud of it.  It's one of the most unique things about this band.

That mascot was stupid looking 30 years ago too Smile

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harold Benson
Metal novice
Metal novice
Harold Benson

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 pm

I like their Mascot ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to talk about Riot.   Need to talk about Riot. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to talk about Riot.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next