Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
Vexer6
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
Shawn Of Fire
MetalRob331
mc666
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
This band will def go more edgy in the future, im sure
When does that ever happen?

Yea, if they've already been accepted by the GLEE crowd, they're part of the machine now. They'd be stupid to go edgier. No money in that.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
When does that ever happen?

Yea, if they've already been accepted by the GLEE crowd, they're part of the machine now. They'd be stupid to go edgier. No money in that.
Yeah I don't think the GLEE crowd cares about this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:46 am

According to MetalRob331...

Quote :
...when you used the word GLEE, I just laughed as the song HERE's TO US was used on the show...

Someone there must be a fan. Wether the fans of the show pick up on it or not, my point was that the band has gotten some recognition in the mainstream media. The odds of them going more "edgy" on future releases is questionable at best.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:44 pm

I give em props for doing "slave to the grind"

my youngest offspring who is in the military, digs em alot. Thinks it's due to the singer chick looking like this girl I caught him groping in his momma's car a few years ago ?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:48 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I think the review is spot on and when you used the word GLEE, I just laughed as the song HERE's TO US was used on the show...

Thanks.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Just picked up THe Strange Case....a while back. I must admit, I love this album. It's catchy. It's hard enough, and the girl can sing. What else do I need?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Just picked up THe Strange Case....a while back. I must admit, I love this album. It's catchy. It's hard enough, and the girl can sing. What else do I need?
I agree. Solid album.

Their digital-only covers EP is worth checking out, too. Their cover of "Out Ta Get Me" came on the other night and remember thinking, Damn, this girl has a bad-ass voice!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Too many ballads in the middle, which bogs the record down. The hard rockers are good.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Too many ballads in the middle, which bogs the record down. The hard rockers are good.
The ballads sound good if you listen to them individually, but several in a row is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 am

Bump for new ep update...

Quote :
Atlantic recording group HALESTORM has unveiled details of its new EP. "ReAniMate 2.0: The CoVeRs eP" will arrive on October 15.

The EP marks the acclaimed hard rock band's first new release since their stunning Grammy Awards triumph earlier this year, as well as the follow-up to 2011's "ReAniMate: The CoVeRs eP". As with its predecessor, "ReAniMate 2.0: The CoVeRs eP" sees HALESTORM putting their distinctive brand on a strikingly eclectic collection of classic songs, including legendary tracks by JUDAS PRIEST, AC/DC, PAT BENATAR, FLEETWOOD MAC, MARILYN MANSON, and DAFT PUNK.

"Like our first 'ReAniMate' EP, the songs included here are a collection of both our favorite songs and songs to challenge ourselves," said HALESTORM frontwoman Lzzy Hale. We decided to go more 'bare bones' with this EP, meaning minimal production with live, gritty performances. We recorded this EP the week of the Grammys, so the excitement and debauchery you hear through your speakers is very real. We hope all our fans have as much fun with 'ReAniMate: 2.0' as we did!"

"ReAniMate 2.0: The CoVeRs eP" track listing:

01. Dissident Aggressor (originally performed by JUDAS PRIEST)
02. Get Lucky (originally performed by DAFT PUNK)
03. Shoot To Thrill (originally performed by AC/DC)
04. Hell Is For Children (originally performed by PAT BENATAR)
05. Gold Dust Woman (originally performed by FLEETWOOD MAC)
06. 1996 (originally performed by MARILYN MANSON)
Some interesting choices.

Wanna see some poorly recorded cell phone video sampling? Of course you do..

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 12:23 pm

I'll be all over this...
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:14 pm

One of the best new bands around. Killer music. Live...they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I think it's pretty cool they took out Tom Keifer for two or three shows.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I think it's pretty cool they took out Tom Keifer for two or three shows.
I swear, he's her father. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:40 am

Can't wait to hear what they do with Priest & Fleetwood.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm

They're cover tunes are awesome  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...   Halestorm - The Strange Case Of... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halestorm - The Strange Case Of...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: