Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD case question

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Selvmord
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
Stender
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Does anyone know how to get a hold of any of those old school "Black spine" cd cases that are seen on older discs? I'm missing the cases for a few cd's that had orginal cases like that, Its kind of anal, but I would like to get these kind of cases just to add to the collecterness of my discs.
For now I have been just scavengeing around the house. but if any one knows something let me know.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:47 pm

http://www.sleevetown.com/jewel-case-parts.shtml
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks trog, your a saint bro
Back to top Go down

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:10 am

I don't care what sort of tray the jewelcase has, but all the caseless CDs I get through lala and SwapaCD go into jewelcases I buy at Stop & Shop. Those cases are $5 for a 10 count. They have the black trays.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't care what sort of tray the jewelcase has, but all the caseless CDs I get through lala and SwapaCD go into jewelcases I buy at Stop & Shop. Those cases are $5 for a 10 count. They have the black trays.

It just looks more like the real deal original when it has the black tray I think.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Fry's Electronics. That's where I get mine.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Fry's Electronics. That's where I get mine.

Do they have a website?
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm

You're right, that's pretty anal.

Just kiddin man.... Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Staples carries them reguarly, I buy a couple of 24 packs every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Walmart even has them, although DC is right, the office stores are the best place.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm

thanks for the advice thus far guys!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Stender wrote:
Be blessed, my son. CD case question 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:51 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Stender wrote:
Be blessed, my son. CD case question 309780

Much thanks heavenly father trog. humble
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:52 pm

I used to get empty jewel cases with the black trays from the dollar store near my house. I haven't needed any in a while so I don't know if they still stock'em though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to get empty jewel cases with the black trays from the dollar store near my house. I haven't needed any in a while so I don't know if they still stock'em though.

I used to do that too, but I haven't seen them stocked in the local dollar store in a long time. Trog, thaks for that link. I'll be placing an order. I cannot have broken jewelcases in my collection. My OCD demands perfection.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:30 pm

death to digipacks

i can't stand em they wither away!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Vordul wrote:
death to digipacks

i can't stand em they wither away!!!!!!!!!

That's what I'm saying. On a few ocassions, I have not bought albums because they come in digipak. Crazy, I know.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Walmart even has them, although DC is right, the office stores are the best place.
All I've ever seen at Wal-Mart is the clear jewel cases. And now even those suck as they're not really clear anymore. If the back insert has anything on it you'll have to look at it through a fog.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:14 pm

7thSecond wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
All I've ever seen at Wal-Mart is the clear jewel cases. And now even those suck as they're not really clear anymore. If the back insert has anything on it you'll have to look at it through a fog.

I'm not positive, but I think that only the slim cases have that weird plastic on the back. Try the thicker ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CD case question Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD case question   CD case question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD case question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: