Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......

Go down 
+26
Boris2008
mikeinfla
jettafiend
James B.
bgsully
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
ZombieHavoc
kethdredd
jstate
Eyesore
stormspell
exact33
Infinite
adrian
GrandNational
kmorg
Stender
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I dig "Swing, Swang, Swung" but nothing afterwards. Being that I was around back in that "put on the full armor of God" thang, my favorite stuff is with Paul on vox.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Paul was good, better than Jamie IMHDO (still haven't figured out what that stands for...). But Swing Swang Swung has got to be my most hated Christian album ever released. The only CD I ever smashed with my steel toes the day after purchasing it. I was a lunatic, preaching on the sidewalks about the evils of man and how that album will corrupt our children, babies eating babies...you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:23 pm

In my humble dumb opinion, Miracle Mile is my favorite, but (and I completely agree) too many ballads. Drop You & I and the last track, I don't even remember what its called, and end the album with the Captain and it's gold. I like Swing Swang Swung when I am in the mood for it. It is a good mellow acoustic rock album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:28 pm

jettafiend wrote:
In my humble dumb opinion, Miracle Mile is my favorite, but (and I completely agree) too many ballads. Drop You & I and the last track, I don't even remember what its called, and end the album with the Captain and it's gold. I like Swing Swang Swung when I am in the mood for it. It is a good mellow acoustic rock album.
Is it In My Humble Dumb Opinion? I've googled the sucker and nothing comes up! I cannot sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:31 am

What I'm wondering is what takes them so long to do this Kickstarter project but Bloodgood can roll it out in a matter of weeks!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:20 am

Jamie lives in Indiana, the others live in Nashville. They were not doing remote recording, they recorded it all in Nashville at one of their houses so they had to make time to go to the studio.

Jamie, IMO, is way better than Paul. I liked First Watch, played it a lot when it came out. But when Fire & Love with Jamie, it took it to a whole new level. Everything just got better, IMO.

I liked all of the Guardian studio albums w/ Jamie on vocals...even the much maligned Bottle Rocket (cool, Collective Soul meets STP Pop/Rock record, IMO)...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:40 am

I like Paul's vocals alright, but I think Jamie has a much stronger voice.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:01 am

Paul sound good, but Jamie was better. I remember when it was announced that Jamie would be replacing Paul.... I thought it would be a huge failure - Jamie's vocals on the two Tempest albums were pretty weak... I ate my words when Fire & Love was released
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:03 am

corplhicks wrote:
IMHDO (still haven't figured out what that stands for...)..
I told you in that other thread when ya asked

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:12 am

corplhicks wrote:
Paul was good, better than Jamie IMHDO (still haven't figured out what that stands for...). But Swing Swang Swung has got to be my most hated Christian album ever released. The only CD I ever smashed with my steel toes the day after purchasing it. I was a lunatic, preaching on the sidewalks about the evils of man and how that album will corrupt our children, babies eating babies...you get the idea.
Man, I'm keeping you away from MY record collection!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Jamie, IMO, is way better than Paul. I liked First Watch, played it a lot when it came out. But when Fire & Love with Jamie, it took it to a whole new level. Everything just got better, IMO.

I liked all of the Guardian studio albums w/ Jamie on vocals...even the much maligned Bottle Rocket (cool, Collective Soul meets STP Pop/Rock record, IMO)...
This!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Paul sound good, but Jamie was better. I remember when it was announced that Jamie would be replacing Paul.... I thought it would be a huge failure - Jamie's vocals on the two Tempest albums were pretty weak... I ate my words when Fire & Love was released
I know that this is a Guardian thread and all that but I was only aware of 1 tempest album, Eye of the Storm I think it's called.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 am

jettafiend wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
I know that this is a Guardian thread and all that but I was only aware of 1 tempest album, Eye of the Storm I think it's called.
A Coming Storm (Jamie sings half the album)
Eye Of The Storm (Jamie sings the whole album)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
A Coming Storm (Jamie sings half the album)
Eye Of The Storm (Jamie sings the whole album)
sweet, I will look for that one. Thanks Shawn.

I am listening to First Watch right now, and ... meh. The vocals remind me a lot of Don Dokken, that is, very one-dimensional. Nothing really that sets them apart. Jamie Rowe still has a very distinctive voice and a ton of charisma in his singing, tone, and style.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Sorry James; I must've missed it. Sometimes my little "X's" don't light up with new posts so I have to pay attention to the timestamps and miss some of them. Now if I could remember which thread it was lol...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fire and Love is by their best. I really enjoy this one a lot.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 am

New lyric video up (sorry about the Vimeo link, youtube doesn't have this yet for whatever reason). I actually kind of like it.

Guardian | The Real Me | Lyric Video from Guardian on Vimeo.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Meh, could've been on Bottle Rocket. Needs a geetar solo.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:32 pm

When did Guardian get a 5th member ? and why ?

This does nothing for me

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:00 am

Pass.....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 am

That's.......not good. I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 am

It's better than Bottle Rocket, but then again, the sound of a dial-up internet connecting to the internet was better than Bottle Rocket. This song doesn't really motivate me to buy the album.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:11 am

James B. wrote:
When did Guardian get a 5th member ? and why ?

This does nothing for me

Jamey Perrenot filled in for Tony Palacios on some South American dates...they just kept him in the band after....or something like that.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:13 am

Too bad because Jamie still has it as he proved on the new Adriangale.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:45 am

So they have two guitar players now and still no solo ????

PostSubject: Re: Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......   Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon....... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian on the Kickstarter bandwagon.......
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next