Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...

Go down 
+19
nevermore
DeathCult
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
Infinite
TheGreatDuck
Witchfinder
DevZor
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
manny
Dark Horseman
exact33
Troublezone
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:58 am

Man FF, you need to learn to let it out, don't hold back so much.

I was lucky there, my brother bought that one and when I heard it decided there was a greasy fast food meal I needed more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I was lucky there, my brother bought that one and when I heard it decided there was a greasy fast food meal I needed more.

Haha, I couldn't help myself. I bought that album based on a bunch of rave online reviews and when I listened to it I'd wished I had just taken the five bucks outside and set it on fire. It would've been quicker and less painful.

DeathCult wrote:
House Of Lords? haha good luck with this one dude.

At this point, I'm seriously thinking I should start a Kickstarter fund to raise $$ for that CD of Mentors cover songs that I've always dreamed of doing. I can do a mean impression of El Duce.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Haha, I couldn't help myself. I bought that album based on a bunch of rave online reviews and when I listened to it I'd wished I had just taken the five bucks outside and set it on fire. It would've been quicker and less painful.

Whatever. I enjoy it, but that's just me. Plus anything with Tamplin gets my approval. As for House Of Lords, I like them but on my list of top melodic hard rock bands, they're more in the middle than the top.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm

I liked Tamplin's other stuff but Magdallan was just oozing with way too much cheez for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I liked Tamplin's other stuff but Magdallan was just oozing with way too much cheez for me.

I remember reading that at the time it was the most expensive Christian album (outside of Stryper and Amy Grant) ever produced with production costs over $300,000. Whoever invested in that one lost an arm, leg and maybe an eye on that deal!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Believe it or not House of Lords released a new studio album a few years ago on I believe the Frontier label, whether its any good or not, I have no idea.

I personally dug the first two House of Lords albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I remember reading that at the time it was the most expensive Christian album (outside of Stryper and Amy Grant) ever produced with production costs over $300,000. Whoever invested in that one lost an arm, leg and maybe an eye on that deal!

I believe I read somewhere that it was originally intended as a mass market (i.e. "secular") release on a major label but that plan fell through.

...possibly because someone at the major label heard it and said "What the @#$% is this crap? Is THIS what you're spending my company's money on? Forget it, the deal's off!" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:07 pm

manny wrote:
Believe it or not House of Lords released a new studio album a few years ago on I believe the Frontier label, whether its any good or not, I have no idea.

I personally dug the first two House of Lords albums.

Actually, they just released one last year (though it was a tad dissapointing compared to other HoL material I've heard). They've actually been putting out albums for years.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Oddly enough, the last HoL album was called 'Big Money'.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 pm

This album is good...

Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 51qZPgvgdyL._SL500_AA300_

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This album is good...

Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 51qZPgvgdyL._SL500_AA300_

Yes it is! That was my first House Of Lords album. That one and Come To My Kingdom let me know this band was worth exploring further.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I believe I read somewhere that it was originally intended as a mass market (i.e. "secular") release on a major label but that plan fell through.

...possibly because someone at the major label heard it and said "What the @#$% is this crap? Is THIS what you're spending my company's money on? Forget it, the deal's off!" Very Happy

I am sure that is exactly what happened!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Wikipedia wrote:
Big Bang is the debut album by the American metal band Magdallan, released 1992 on Intense Records.

1992 is what happened...ha!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm

HOL is doing fairly well, I guess that kind of metal is still big in Japan. I've liked some of it and Cartesian Dreams is probably the best of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Japan and Europe are decent markets for HOL...but even there they're playing either clubs or festivals...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Guess it's better then a warehouse.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 pm

My cousin played guitar on a House Of Lords album. Demons Down

Lanny was on a Giuffria lp (Silk and Steel)
His instumental/solo cds are great...IMHO (Electric Warrior...Acoustic Saint, Of Riffs and Symphonies, and Salvation Medicine Show)

I also have a jazz cd with him on it. The Trinity Sessions by Jazz Trio

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 pm

James B. wrote:

Dennis Chick is your cousin?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

Dennis Chick is your cousin?

yes... he still hates me cause I kicked his @$$ for hitting a chick after a V.V.S.I show. I 'almost" got on that album Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I'll take $45,000 too!
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

It was actually intended for release on Chameleon Records, which was owned by both Capitol and Elektra at different times. I can't recall why it got shelved, but I would assume it had something to do with the turning of the musical tide.

I like about half of that record. The slower ballad-y stuff sounds nice, but the fast, slap bass, funky numbers like "Dome of the Rock" are goofy as hell. They did go way over the top with the production polish, that's for sure.

Edit: Just looked it up... Chameleon shut down for a while in the early 90s. They cut ties with Capitol Records and all their artists were dumped. They later reopened after striking a deal with Elektra Records. So Magdallan got dumped when Chameleon folded temporarily.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Just read my review on Magdallan. It's short and not-so-sweet:
Quote :
Overproduced, commercial pop metal/AOR. Lots of hooks, loads of talent, but way to clean and overproduced. Ken Tamplin has a great voice.

I like House of Lords and Giuffria.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

i need to do a kickstarter project. Feed TheKing!!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 pm

I might donate if you offed him. Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 499945
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
...for a cause.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821871315/her-bravery

And I thought Vixen were delusional...at least you get a CD at the $25 mark...
Haha. And if you happen to be "foreign" and pledge $5,000...you have to add an additional $10 for shipping. HAHAHAHAHA! Because $5,000 isn't enough to cover shipping costs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...   Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lanny Cordolla wants $45,000 to record/travel...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next