Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When rap and opera collide...

Go down 
+12
GrandNational
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
exact33
mc666
mlotek
TheGreatDuck
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
stormspell
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

When rap and opera collide... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When rap and opera collide...   When rap and opera collide... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Hah, some interesting responses. I found RADIUS amusing in a funny way. I don't think they'll make it big, although back in the day I thought CLAWFINGER are the silliest joke in town, yet they went to achieve staggering success with their debut album, so who knows...

By the way, Balki is the founder and driving force behind the band, as strange as it may sound. So I don't think he is going to go away anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

When rap and opera collide... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When rap and opera collide...   When rap and opera collide... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
not the worst thing i've ever heard, but not really my thing.

That's an interesting statement. Who's "thing" would this be exactly? What audience are they going for here? The band and the girl by themselves is ok I suppose, but then Balki comes in outta nowhere and starts dropping some dope rhymes. Who wants this?
the simple fact that someone created it says that there are people whom this appeals to. i would assume they are "going for" people who like odd musical pairings.

which would be me, normally. this just doesn't blend well to my ears.
Americans are the most close-minded fans in the world. A band like Mucky Pup can go over to Germany today and play in front of 20,000 people. In the US, they'd be lucky to get 20 people in any club outside of New Jersey.

This band would flop in the US, but I imagine there's a market for them in countries where people are still open-minded about music.

Germany also worships David Hasselhoff, so we can't really go by Germany....

lol!

When rap and opera collide...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2