Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Streets: A Rock Opera

Go down 
+13
Temple of Blood
7thSecond
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Stender
mc666
scottmitchell74
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Kong
nevermore
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Streets:  A Rock Opera Empty
PostSubject: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:51 pm

This was my third Savatage album, my second with Jon on vocals, and my first on CD. I abosolutly LOVED this album ever since I first heard it. It includes one of my favortie ballads ever, Believe. I like every song on this album and while I can pick what I think is my favorite, I can't really say which is my least (down right impossible actually). Jon put some of his most passionate vocals of any Savatage disc before this one and Criss' guitar work solidifies him, IMO, as one if not the best guitarists EVER (again I stress it is my opinion). What are other people's thoghts on this album?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:58 pm

This is one of the albums I want buried with me when I die.

BEST... Savatage album... EVERRRRRRRR

I think that sums it up. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:19 pm

It's not my favorite Savatage disc but it is an awesome album!
Back to top Go down
Kong
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:24 pm

For all the Savatage/Oliva/JOP/and Zak Stevens-C2C fans!

Jon Oliva’s Pain, Circle II Circle, & Manticora will team-up for the first leg of the North American “Global Intrusions” tour this fall. This marks the first time that Jon Oliva (Jon Oliva’s Pain, Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra) & Zak Stevens (Circle II Circle, ex-Savatage) have toured together since their days in Savatage in 1999.

"Wow, it's certainly been a while since I have been able to get back on the road here in America...it must be snowing in hell. It's going to be great touring in support of what I consider one of the best records of my career. We really pulled out all the stops for this one. Touring with Zak and the Circle II Circle guys is going to be a treat as well, especially for Savatage fans. We've got a few tricks up our sleeves so don't miss out as it may never happen again. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon” said Oliva. Stevens adds, "It's always special to perform on the same bill with Jon Oliva, especially here in the States! Obviously Jon has been a huge influence on my musical career and I remain one of his biggest fans. This tour will be a special event for all our fans that have enjoyed our work throughout the Savatage years and now into the new generation of Jon Oliva’s Pain and Circle II Circle music."

Manticora's Lars Larsen states ""For us, this is a great opportunity as we now get the chance to start in Europe with Oliva and then finish the party in North America with one our our biggest inspirations.

Interested promoters & venues should contact Intromental Booking USA (www.intromental.com) for details.

AFM Records is set to release Jon Oliva’s Pain’s “Global Warning” on March 8th & Circle II Circle’s “Delusions of Grandeur” on April 25th of this year.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 pm

That is AWESOME, I must go...I must go!!!! very happy

Seriously, that is a dream come true and I can't wait to see if it reaches Dallas. I will be getting some Manticora CDs in a couple of weeks which will give me a chance to familiarize myself with their material. Apart from Maiden, no band has ever come close to being my favorite band than Savatage. Since Savatage is no more, this is the next best thing. Also Zach being my favorite vocalist has a factor in my enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:50 am

Streets is probably my favourite album. When I saw Jon Oliva's Pain at Progpower UK II last year, they played pretty much the entire album. It was amazing. However, they did miss off Sammy & Tex, which I love.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:01 am

I like Streets a lot too but I see it get slagged quite a bit for some reason.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:13 am

Streets was a dissapointment to me when it was new. Today I have no idea why. It's a great album, but not my favorite. It does hold my favorite Savatage song though, which is Believe.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 am

Only Edge of Thorns and The Wake Of Magellan have been Savatage keepers for me.

On each album I recognize the supreme talent and skill, but the music just falls flat somehow. I think they plod too often for me. It's my speed obsession!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:45 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Only Edge of Thorns and The Wake Of Magellan have been Savatage keepers for me.

On each album I recognize the supreme talent and skill, but the music just falls flat somehow. I think they plod to often for me. It's my speed obsession!

Your speed adiction makes you like Wake more than Hall of the Mountain king or Guter Ballet? scratch

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 am

nothing surpasses their first two albums for me. the rest is good, just not as good to my ears.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:53 am

Well, I have been working back through their catalogue. I haven't gotten there yet. Samples I've heard of HOTMK make me think I'll like it.

Good call! You would have had me there, if I'd owned those already!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Streets was the first album I heard by them all the way through, and I had the same thoughts about it kmorg did. Now I love it. If I go Away is the saddest song ever.

Ghost In The Ruins is has the greatest guiatar solo ever. Except Follow Me of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:26 pm

This album wasn't the most accessible but it has some great stuff. Criss was scorching on this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I didn't even remember posting in this thread. But hey, I still agree with myself 100 percent.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
This album wasn't the most accessible but it has some great stuff. Criss was scorching on this.

And everything else he ever did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I didn't even remember posting in this thread. But hey, I still agree with myself 100 percent.

You posted that back when you were snuff-drunk. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:33 pm

spectrefate wrote:

You posted that back when you were snuff-drunk. Wink

Ahhhh yes, those were the days.

It seems like 45 days ago.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Freddy if that's not the most blatent case of post whoring that I have ever seen then I'm an Irishman.

OMG Streets Rulez ....... (a crack at the local Irish site, we are still trying to learn how to type in English)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:27 pm

There have been SO many Savatage threads these past weeks, but that is a good thing. Streets is my favorate, sporting two of my favorate Sava songs: believe and Strange reality.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:34 pm

I haven't heard this particular album, but I have a thing for Rock Operas.

Lemme ask, are the guitars more prominent than they are on Gutter Ballet? I like that album, but the guitars seem so muted in the mix.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Great album. It features one of my very favorite Savatage songs as well, Tonight He Grins Again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
I haven't heard this particular album, but I have a thing for Rock Operas.

Lemme ask, are the guitars more prominent than they are on Gutter Ballet? I like that album, but the guitars seem so muted in the mix.

Lots of piano, but Criss shreds in many spots.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 5:00 am

I can't stand this album. Really cheesy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 pm

It's a good album, but not my favorite Savatage album. "Believe" and "If I Go Away" are probably my favorite Savatage songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Streets: A Rock Opera   Streets:  A Rock Opera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Streets: A Rock Opera
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next