Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do we have Opera fans here?

Go down 
+3
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Damien Solta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

Do we have Opera fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:28 pm

I just got done listening to Puccini - Tu che di gel sei cinta from Turadot and I started to wonder that question...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:09 am

You have really weird taste in music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 am

Oh... you have no idea: Sometimes I just drift off into dream world with the most Ambient Electronica ever. Not to mention the Trance or Jumpstyle. And Bebop? (And Swing) Heck, I have hard time categorizing most of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 am

I listen to the occasional opera, I could not tell you any names really but I do enjoy it every once in a blue moon. Now swing music I love! I pretty much listen to everything with the exception of Rap and strangely obscure music that is just plain weird. When not listening to rock/metal I tend to listen to Jazz.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 pm

I do like Opera, but I don't know enough about it to get into all of it. I know Pavoratti, the three tenors, Paul Potts, and the blind guy (his name surpasses me at the moment).

best song in Opera you say? - Nessun Dorma
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:08 pm

I'll listen to some opera. Mainly stuff by Wagner.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:39 pm

xyz wrote:
I'll listen to some opera. Mainly stuff by Wagner.

"Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit!!!!!"

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:41 pm

I can't believe the whole thing is out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAXJWm8G4A

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:26 am

does Tommy by The Who count?

:kickbutt:

ok, ok, I'm sorry....I deserve a beating for that. I suppose I can dig it just a little if it's in the context of rock or metal like Saviour Machine sometimes or a few symphonic power metal bands have their short moments of operatic elements but thats about it. But I do respect your taste in liking opera, why not ya know. Its a big world and there's room for all kinds of music lovers. The people that bore me are people that arent into any music at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:11 am

The only opera i like is when Therion incoporates it into there music..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we have Opera fans here?   Do we have Opera fans here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do we have Opera fans here?
Page 1 of 1