Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.

Go down 
+19
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
DallasBlack
chewie
brokentulsa
arachnoplasma
JBall_Z
Required Fields
exact33
Witchfinder
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
TheGreatDuck
speed101
manny
stepcousin
mc666
Leatherface
Wargod
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Quote :
a report by the San Mateo County Coroner's Office, released on April 6, confirms legendary guitarist Ronnie Montrose died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The toxicology report also showed his blood-alcohol level at 0.31% when he died — almost four times the legal limit in California. No evidence of other drugs was found in his system.
Lame.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
a report by the San Mateo County Coroner's Office, released on April 6, confirms legendary guitarist Ronnie Montrose died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The toxicology report also showed his blood-alcohol level at 0.31% when he died — almost four times the legal limit in California. No evidence of other drugs was found in his system.
Lame.

yep. It is also a shame as well.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:40 pm

That sucks but the man lived with cancer for years and most been under a great deal of physical and emotional pain, I may not agree with his decision, but then I have never been in his shoes and I am going to judge the man, may he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 am

If he was truly suffering from cancer, then this is just another example of why I am in favor of "assisted suicide." That's a horrible name for it, of course, but I think it's time we, as a society, allows it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
If he was truly suffering from cancer, then this is just another example of why I am in favor of "assisted suicide." That's a horrible name for it, of course, but I think it's time we, as a society, allows it.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 am

Suicide sucks!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Suicide sucks!

I agree.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

Some additional information...

Quote :

Montrose, 64, was found in the living room of his home on March 3 holding an unregistered .38-caliber revolver. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Fans had speculated about the cause of his death after a spokesman from the Brisbane Police Department said it was under investigation.

Montrose was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2007, and his family initially led people to believe he had died from complications from the disease. But in 2009, the guitarist had announced it was in remission.

Shortly after the coroner's report went public, a statement was posted to Montrose's official website: "By now, the devastating truth of Ronnie's death is public knowledge. We hope you can understand why we wanted to keep this news a private family matter for as long as possible."

Leighsa Montrose said the guitarist suffered from lifelong clinical depression. "He was very hard on himself," she said. "He would play shows where there would be three standing ovations, and all he would talk about on the drive home is what he didn't do right."

He didn't leave a suicide note, she said. "He didn't give any indication. When his mind is made up you can't reason with him with logic. I guess he just let it get the better of him. He was tormented."

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.   Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie Montrose dead @ 64.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2