Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma (Montrose)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Gamma (Montrose) Empty
PostSubject: Gamma (Montrose)   Gamma (Montrose) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:35 am

I didn't want to step on the Montrose thread. I loved the "Best Of Gamma" disc for years, but until I got the three originals I didn't realize how different they were.
Gamma I is like mid period (late Rogers) Bad Co.; pretty good if you like that sort of thing.
Gamma II is bluesy almost metal, like a cross beteen Deep Purple & Trower. It's the best one IMO.
Gamma III is very slick, lots of synths. Almost AOR like Howe era Bad co. I like it though too.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Gamma (Montrose) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamma (Montrose)   Gamma (Montrose) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 7:37 am

I LOVE Gamma! Ronnie Montrose is so under-rated! Gamma 2 is by far the best!!! And of course having Davy Pattison on Vox will help give that Robin Trower vibe!

With Jimmy Alvacar on Keys I think Ronnie's intention was to bridge the gap between 70's Bluesy Hard Rock and The Cars, much like Rundgren was doing with Utopia! The drastic differances in each album simply shows he was not yet sure how to best make the mix work!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Gamma (Montrose) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamma (Montrose)   Gamma (Montrose) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:46 am

Love all 4 Gamma cds, I agree Ronnie is so very underated as a guitarist!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Gamma (Montrose) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamma (Montrose)   Gamma (Montrose) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Been a fan for years. Those first two albums especially.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gamma (Montrose) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamma (Montrose)   Gamma (Montrose) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma (Montrose)
Page 1 of 1