Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Montrose 10X10

Go down 
+2
corplhicks
mikeinfla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 am

Got this from the Styx mailing list:

Available Now!

Ronnie Montrose 10x10

Produced by Ronnie Montrose and Ricky Phillips!

Featuring Tommy Shaw, Lawrence Gowan, and Todd Sucherman

"Well, it's been a long time coming. One of the last things Ronnie said to me is, “I really want to finish 10x10… It’s just too good not to… and, I think I'm finally ready to do it." Fast forward to the present and the release of Ronnie Montrose 10X10. It took a truly impressive list of talented, heartfelt musicians to make this wish a reality. But these brilliant performances by Ronnie, backed and supported by his devoted friends and allies, have made this journey worth the wait. Somewhere, somehow I feel Ronnie is beaming. I couldn't be prouder of this record...I really couldn't."

- Ricky Phillips

RONNIE MONTROSE: 10x10

Track Listing:
1."Heavy Traffic” Feat. Eric Martin & Dave Meniketti
2.“Love Is An Art” Feat. Edgar Winter & Rick Derringer
3.“Color Blind” Feat. Sammy Hagar & Steve Lukather
4.“Still Singin’ With The Band” Feat. Glenn Hughes, Phil Collen & Jimmy “Z” Zavala
5.“Strong Enough” Feat. Tommy Shaw
6.“Any Minute” Feat. Mark Farner & Ricky Phillips
7.“The Kingdom’s Come Undone” Feat. Ricky Phillips & Joe Bonamassa
8.“One Good Reason” Feat. Bruce Turgon & Brad Whitford
9.“Head On Straight” Feat. Davey Pattison & Marc Bonilla
10.“I’m Not Lying” Feat. Gregg Rolie, Tom Gimbel & Lawrence Gowan

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 11:04 am

Sounds really good, but is Ronnie's playing actually on the album? Or are they just his songs?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am

Sounds like something I'd get, I'm a Ronnie Montrose fanboy. I also noticed they have the first to Montrose albums coming along with some bonus stuff but I have all that stuff from the Hagar era and more. Since we are discussing Ronnie Montrose and there's another thread about favorite guitar solos check out a personal fave of mine from Ronnie:

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 2:30 am

I have this on a list to buy from amazon.. I get the impression the songs are recorded with Ronnie but he never did the solo's?
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Just got it in the mail today, hoping to jam it this week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 am

Well, this is wrong because it doesn't have Sammy listed as vocalist but it gives you an idea of who plays on the album

12 String, 12 String Guitar: Ricky Phillips
Acoustic, Acoustic Guitar: Ricky Phillips
Backing, Backing Vocals: Debby Holiday
Backing, Backing Vocals: Eric Martin
Backing, Backing Vocals: J'nae Fincannon
Backing, Backing Vocals: Jeff Scott Soto
Bass, Percussion, Sound Effects ( S F X), Tambourine: Ricky Phillips
Bass, String: Ricky Phillips
Drums: Eric Singer
Guitar: Ronnie Montrose
Hammond, Hammond Organ: Ricky Phillips
Lead, Lead Vocals: Eric Martin
Organ, Piano: Ed Roth
Percussion: Todd Sucherman
Piano, Wurlitzer: Ricky Phillips
Solo, Solo Guitar: Dave Meniketti
Composer, Writer: Hagar
Composer, Writer: Montrose
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 10:48 am

corplhicks wrote:
Sounds really good, but is Ronnie's playing actually on the album? Or are they just his songs?

Quote :
At the time of his passing, Montrose had been working on new music and had a concept of having different singers guest on songs on the album. Bassist Ricky Phillips (Bad English, Styx, Coverdale/Page) and drummer Eric Singer (Badlands, Alice Cooper, KISS) served as the rhythm section for the new recordings. Ronnie Montrose had recorded rhythm guitar tracks before his death but he hadn’t laid down any of the leads. That’s when Phillips (with the support of Ronnie’s family) stepped in and helped finish the tracks. Not only did he have guest singers (selected by Montrose himself) but he enlisted guest guitarists to lay down lead guitar to the respective tracks.

Read the rest of the review here...
http://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/ronnie-montrose-10x10/

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :
At the time of his passing, Montrose had been working on new music and had a concept of having different singers guest on songs on the album. Bassist Ricky Phillips (Bad English, Styx, Coverdale/Page) and drummer Eric Singer (Badlands, Alice Cooper, KISS) served as the rhythm section for the new recordings. Ronnie Montrose had recorded rhythm guitar tracks before his death but he hadn’t laid down any of the leads. That’s when Phillips (with the support of Ronnie’s family) stepped in and helped finish the tracks. Not only did he have guest singers (selected by Montrose himself) but he enlisted guest guitarists to lay down lead guitar to the respective tracks.

Read the rest of the review here...
http://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/ronnie-montrose-10x10/

Right on, that clarifies things, thx MG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Montrose 10X10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Montrose 10X10   New Montrose 10X10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Montrose 10X10
Page 1 of 1