Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]

Go down 
+29
TrogDawn
nevermore
journeyman
ensiferum2k
A Handful of Wayne
spiritoradio
GrandNational
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
Chairman_Smith
AchrisK
Invader
KissinMaiden
ghost
Trial by Fire
Required Fields
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Wargod
Shiney
krokus
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
the sentinel
ultmetal
exact33
T-Roy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Fair to Midland - Fables from a Mayfly: What I tell you Three Times is True (progressive folk metal that is quite awesome!!)

Alex

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fair to Midland - Fables from a Mayfly: What I tell you Three Times is True (progressive folk metal that is quite awesome!!)

Alex
I've been meaning to check these guys out. Everything I've heard has sounded really good. Serj, however, has signed a few turdly bands in the past—Kittens For Christian, for instance—so I've been weary.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Quote :
Kittens For Christian

If my memories serve, don't you have this turd on your LaLa "haves"? I'll be sure to avoid!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Kittens For Christian

If my memories serve, don't you have this turd on your LaLa "haves"? I'll be sure to avoid!
I do! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 6:55 am

Prong - Beg to differ cd
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 am

Invader wrote:
Death - The Sound Of Perseverance

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Scorpions - Savage Amusement
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Some stuff i had on tapes bought it today on cd:
ALICE COOPER:KILLER
TYPE O NEGATIVE:SLOW, DEEP AND HARD (cool like CARNIVORE)
MOTORHEAD:ROCK´N´ROLL edition with bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex
I've been meaning to check these guys out. Everything I've heard has sounded really good. Serj, however, has signed a few turdly bands in the past—Kittens For Christian, for instance—so I've been weary.

I have been listening to for several spins now and it is very very good. I am getting more and more into prog metal and this has a lot of everything on it. Have not heard the other band but Fair to Midland has a winner here for me. Bestbuy has a cheap price for it too - $9.99

Alex

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:57 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Killer album! The vocals are awesome and very evil.

One of the great classics from the second wave of black metal. Together with their first live cd and first ep(DEATHCRUSH from 87), this is an ultimate classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

I have been listening to for several spins now and it is very very good. I am getting more and more into prog metal and this has a lot of everything on it. Have not heard the other band but Fair to Midland has a winner here for me. Bestbuy has a cheap price for it too - $9.99

Alex
Kittens For Christian is nothing like Fair To Midland. Don't even both with them. Fair To Midland seemed a bit like that alt-rock with progressive tendencies, is that accurate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:17 pm

Rage - Unity
Rage - Soundchaser
Rage - Speak Of The Dead
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 pm

In the mail just minutes ago:

Helloween - The Dark Ride/Rabbit Don't Come Easy - Double Edition +2

Ride The Sky - New Protection

Shaman - Reason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 3:56 pm

Sirocco - The March Through Crimson Frost
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 4:41 pm

RUMBLEDOG- s/t
WARLOCK- "Hellbound"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 6:10 pm

I am listening to KRANK. Their album HIDEOUS from 1986 and before THE FINAL FRONTIER by KEEL.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 pm

Overkill- immortalis
Prong- Power Of The Damager
Entwine- Fatal Design (Thanks Alex!)
Helloween Bootlegs (Thanks Again Alex!)
Megadeth- Warchest
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

Alex
Kittens For Christian is nothing like Fair To Midland. Don't even both with them. Fair To Midland seemed a bit like that alt-rock with progressive tendencies, is that accurate?

they are kind alt rock metal prog Smile to be honest there isnt much thats -not- on the cd except death metal... You have your violins, piano, metal parts, rockish parts, classical elements and i think i even hear the kitchen sink in a part of two.. The wonderous thing is they work it all together into a stream of consciouness album that is very well done. I am getting more and more into prog now and this was a real treat.

Alex

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

When you get a chance what are your thoughts on this cd? I listen and listen and am torn between great cd and put it on the tradelist...

and my metal mail:

Sardonyx - Majestic Serenity re-release

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:43 pm

exact33 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

When you get a chance what are your thoughts on this cd? I listen and listen and am torn between great cd and put it on the tradelist...

and my metal mail:

Sardonyx - Majestic Serenity re-release

Alex

I got the cd too a while back and I was skimming through it yesturday to find a song to put on a mix cd and it was kind of hard to pick one. I feel the same way but im not going to part with it. Uli Kusch is one of my favorite drummers and I do like the cd it just has to grow on me. The singer sounds a little like Jorn Lande at times but not as good. One thing that bothers me though is the drum sound. They sound a little fake like the latest stuff Uli has put out Beautiful Sin and the last Masterplan album he was on.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I got the cd too a while back and I was skimming through it yesturday to find a song to put on a mix cd and it was kind of hard to pick one. I feel the same way but im not going to part with it. Uli Kusch is one of my favorite drummers and I do like the cd it just has to grow on me. The singer sounds a little like Jorn Lande at times but not as good. One thing that bothers me though is the drum sound. They sound a little fake like the latest stuff Uli has put out Beautiful Sin and the last Masterplan album he was on.

Thats how i basically feel. It has some really great moments and then some ehhhh moments too. The singer does sound a lot like a jorn clone. Maybe MP should have hired him!!

Akex

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Y&T - Open Fire 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:44 am

exact33 wrote:
they are kind alt rock metal prog Smile to be honest there isnt much thats -not- on the cd except death metal... You have your violins, piano, metal parts, rockish parts, classical elements and i think i even hear the kitchen sink in a part of two.. The wonderous thing is they work it all together into a stream of consciouness album that is very well done. I am getting more and more into prog now and this was a real treat.

Alex
Have you heard Dredg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:53 am

It's been too long. Things are picking up!

Cydonia - Cydonia *
Def Leppard - Limited Edition Collector's Box (Holds 4 CD Singles from Adrenalize)
Erotics, The - 21st Century S.O.B. (thanks, Shiney!)
Gardenian - Two Feet Stand (thanks, Shiney!)
Ironboss - Hung Like Horses (thanks, Shiney!)
Living Colour - Pride *
Madd Hunter - Madd Hunter (thanks, Shiney!)
Moonshine - The Demo
Stage Dolls - Stripped *

* $1.75 from lala.com.

A couple things. Someone from lala sent me that box set for FREE! Crazy! THIS is the box set in question. Also, Moonshine is an old project from Derek Davis of Babylon AD. I'm not sure if this is an official demo yet, though. Looks good, but I've never heard of it, so I have to do a little research.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:23 am

OVERKILL - Immortalis

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next