Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!

Go down 
+13
exact33
TheGreatDuck
chewie
James B.
mlotek
holydiver97595
Eyesore
Alex Dee Rokket
brokentulsa
adrian
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Hmm... maybe. I do need a replacement for my Last In Line which I just remembered has a broken case. However, I think I'll get Dio at Donnington first, because I've been meaning to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 am

Did anyone get these 2-disc versions? Are the remasters good?

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have the "Holy Diver" one and hope to get the other two for Christmas!

I'm no sound guy, but to me, the sound is a bit clearer and the sound levels are fine and have not been turned louder. The extra live songs and b-side of "Evil Eyes" are a nice addition to. So I'd say it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:03 pm

I was in a record shop where they were selling the Japanese version of these. Unfortunately for some reason they only had the first disc on each. Gave them a listen on the store's player and thought they sounded real good. Convinced me the upgrade would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Psychotron wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'm no sound guy, but to me, the sound is a bit clearer and the sound levels are fine and have not been turned louder. The extra live songs and b-side of "Evil Eyes" are a nice addition to. So I'd say it is worth it.

Yeah, I think I'm going to get all 3 after Christmas. When you say it's "not been turned louder"...do you mean it's not "too loud"? Like it's not distorting?

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Psychotron wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yeah, I think I'm going to get all 3 after Christmas. When you say it's "not been turned louder"...do you mean it's not "too loud"? Like it's not distorting?

Yes, that's what I meant, that it is not too loud and not distorting. That was some awkward wording on my part. My bad.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 pm

I got all 3 already....they came in the mail Monday.

Listening in the car, I can tell they're louder but also a bit more full sounding as well. The bottom end was rounded out nicely and it all sounds clear and "in the room".

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:06 pm

I got all three this week. The remastering sounds fine to me. It's not as great as the Audio Fidelity remastering but it's pretty good. The bonus material is really great though, as it appears they completely cleaned out the archives of every officially released single and E.P. track.

Sacred Heart is the album that's worth it the most because you get that album plus the complete Dio E.P. and the complete Intermission E.P. as bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!   Dio Deluxe Editions on the way! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio Deluxe Editions on the way!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2