Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.

Go down 
+10
kmorg
DallasBlack
bassman
DevZor
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
ultmetal
Andy
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Empty
PostSubject: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 am

Here's your chance Shawn. Cool This will be interesting, Poetry wasn't bad, better then Ghost but maybe they'll find some new energy. Too bad though, I love Khan's voice.
There's an interview I can't link to because i'm a noob but you could do a search.

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 am

I'd love a shot at Kamelot...but I doubt I could fill the touring commitments they'd expect...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

That'd be the rub. No diss on your bands but i've thought it'd be cool to hear you on an album with some big money backing. You have the pipes.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That'd be the rub. No diss on your bands but i've thought it'd be cool to hear you on an album with some big money backing. You have the pipes.

I appreciate that...thanks.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Roy Khan was an innately unique part of Kamelot and is irreplaceable. His voice is excellent and very distinct and worked extremely well with Kamelot's brand of story-telling epic power metal.

That being said, no matter who the band recruits to fill his shoes, they will be endlessly and mercilessly compared to Khan. Kamelot is also one of the best live acts in metal today. They give a passionate performance and Khan is a very theatrical frontman. Many bands focus too heavily on the recording power of replacement musicians and neglect the effect it has on the live show.

I trust the Kamelot camp to make the right choice. Hopefully they find a guy with the right pipes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Ohhhh, maybe I could give it a go. Think they'd want to go in a more thrash metal direction? Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ohhhh, maybe I could give it a go. Think they'd want to go in a more thrash metal direction? Razz

You should bring back that Kamelot flower metal quote you used to have. I'm sure they'd take you in a heartbeat after that Scott Wink
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Khan is great but definitely not irreplaceable.

Yeah, touring is the big rub for these kind of gigs. That's where the money is.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Youngblood seems excited about moving forward.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Give 'em hell Ult headbanger
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Maybe Ult's voice would force them to put some power back in their flower metal!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:06 am

bassman wrote:
Maybe Ult's voice would force them to put some power back in their flower metal!

Why? The flower metal has made them quite a bit of mainstream success (modest though it may be). I understand people want them to be like they used to be (I for one think Karma was their best) but it's probably not in the cards.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 am

They it was weird when this guy showed up during their last concert in Norway:

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:32 am

The past 3 lead male vocalists for Therion would sound great in Kamelot!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Kmorg, who is that? Hard to tell on that clip if he's a good fit.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Kmorg, who is that? Hard to tell on that clip if he's a good fit.

He came in second place on the first season of X-factor here in Norway. He was previously the singer for a local modern metal band in his hometown. He came in as this rock dude in X-Factor, and even sang one of my favorite songs at one point ("We All Die Young" from the "Rock Star" soundtrack), but the series made him popular, and soon he turned into a slick pop/rock artist.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:58 am

Jake E. Berg of Amaranthe should audition for Kamelot. Also Michael Eriksson of Circus Maximus would be great with Kamelot!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Michael might work, i'd like to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 pm

They could always rehire Mark Vanderbilt.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:29 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Michael might work, i'd like to hear that.
They actually played a show with Michael on vocals and it was great! It was at ProgPower XI in Atlanta! Great gig!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:21 pm

New album is forthcomming:

http://www.amazon.com/Silverthorn-Limited-2CD-Box-Kamelot/dp/B008RZF1UO/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1350595176&sr=1-1&keywords=kamelot

They lost me with Ghost Opera but gained me back with Poetry For The Poisoned, so I will be getting this. I just hope the new vocalist works well with them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
There's an interview I can't link to because i'm a noob
"Number of posts: 1478"
I don't know why, but seeing that made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I don't think I can articulate how much I hate that artwork. Even good bands like Kamelot are doing this dime-a-dozen digitized half-assed movie poster crap. That took probably 10 minutes to put together, and I don't know if it's going for goth, but it's about as goth as my computer desk. WTF. We already had a 'Poetry for the Poisoned'.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Seventh Wonder's Tommy Karavik at the helm and if you were a casual listener you might not notice it's not Khan. Musically it's like a mix of Epica on. I'm liking it, almost seems a little simpler then the last couple albums.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Probably going to shy away from this unfortunately... yeah it still sort of sounds like Kamelot but it's way too far into the overproduced fake-strings-with-random-angelic vocals stuff that I hate. I know they have done some of it before and are slightly guilty for paving the way, but before there were great guitar lines and passionate songwriting also, what I hear here is really frighteningly vanilla. Vocalist does a good job, but this is kind of making me ill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.    Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kamelot album Silverthorn out with new vocalist.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next