Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X

Go down 
+7
Wargod
ZetaReticuli
nevermore
ultmetal
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Empty
PostSubject: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Instead of doing two separate threads for these releases, I think I'll just combine them.

First off Kamelot will be releasing a new album soon:

Quote :

21 June 2010 | KAMELOT Signs With earMUSIC; New Album Details Revealed

earMUSIC, the international rock label of the Hamburg-based entertainment group Edel, has announced the signing of American/Norwegian melodic metallers KAMELOT. The band's new studio album, "Poetry For The Poisoned", will be released in Europe on September 3, 2010.

KAMELOT is one of metal's most unique, influential and prestigious acts to come along in decades. The group's reputation among fans and media alike is marked by enthusiasm as well as esteem, with each of their eight studio albums to date surpassing its predecessor in terms of songwriting, production and commercial results. As one of the most difficult-to-categorize artists on the metal scene, KAMELOT is ready to release its most insightful and ambitious album to date, "Poetry for the Poisoned".

Throughout the recent years, KAMELOT's releases have achieved cult status around the world, and "Poetry for the Poisoned" will "once again raise the bar for others to follow," according to a press release. "The new studio album blends their trademark KAMELOT sound with new elements and a creation of musical art that will set a new standard in the genre."

"Poetry for the Poisoned" was mostly written in the remote woods of Norway to the final songwriting sessions in a remote region of Germany. The compositions take the listener through many emotions and dynamics that touch the soul and the mind.

"I think this album is by far our most diverse, fusing new ideas and elements along with the traditional KAMELOT sound and style that we have established over the years," states KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood.

Recordings took place in the familiar Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany with producers Sascha Paeth and Miro. Additional tracking also took place in Tampa, Florida as well as various studios in Sweden, Greece and the U.S.

"Poetry for the Poisoned" features guest appearances by Simone Simons (EPICA), Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIREWIND), Björn "Speed" Strid (SOILWORK) and Jon Oliva (SAVATAGE, JON OLIVA'S PAIN). The artwork was created by many great artists, including Seth Siro Anton, Natalie Shau and Michal Loranc.

"'Poetry for the Poisoned' is a mix of progressive elements, modern rock, dark arts and also power metal," states Youngblood. "It comes at a time where many people around the world are searching for something to grab on to spiritually, including myself. I recently lost my mother and to be honest it was very hard on me. So there are some melancholy moods reflected on this album."

Frontman Roy Khan assures that "Poetry for the Poisoned" will both please the band's existing following and expose the universe of KAMELOTto a whole range of new fans. "'Poetry for the Poisoned' is our longest and toughest production so far, but when I hear the result I know it was well worth the struggle," he says.

Max Vaccaro, director of the earMUSIC label, commented: "If there is one thing that is absolutely clear with KAMELOT, it's that the band has a unique vision of metal and they consider anything they do as the 'next step' to something bigger and better, constantly adamant to reach new ambitious artistic targets. We're happy about the fact that they have chosen earMUSIC as the partner to expand their audience with this new wonderful album."

"Poetry For The Poisoned" will also be available as a limited edition hard-cover digipak CD with a bonus DVD, LP and limited collector's edition featuring a bonus 45" vinyl with two rare songs only available on this strictly limited format, personally signed by the band.

KAMELOT recently tapped Swedish director Owe Lingvall of Village Road Films for the video shoot and production of the song "The Great Pandemonium". The track, which was performed on the band's recently completed European tour, will appear on "Poetry For The Poisoned". Other songtitles set to appear on the effort include "House On A Hill"and "Hunters Season", the latter of which was also performed on the band's recently completed European headlining tour.
KAMELOT recently inked a deal with Marquee/Avalon Records for the Japanese release of its next album. The plans for the North American release will be announced in the near

For those who gave up on Kamelot several albums ago, it doesn't look like they'll win you back anytime soon. As for me, I just hope I like it better than Ghost Opera.

Symphony X has also been working on a new album:

Quote :
====== 18.MARCH.10 ======
Symphony X enter the studio!

Things are moving right along with the new CD! The music is all finished and Jason arrived in New Jersey this week, drums start tracking today. Mike has promised to get photos of the recording sessions so stay tuned for those! -- Jax

====== 01.MARCH.10 ======
Update from the band

Spoke to Mike today, and he sounded really happy about the progress that the band's making on the new cd. "Technically, we could be done" he said. "I put together some pre-production mixes for us to listen to, and it's all solid. We have over an hour of really good stuff that we really dig; there's more than enough stuff there that we can choose the best songs to go on the cd, but all of the songs are really strong. And there are two almost-done songs that we're going to try to wrap up in the next few days as well, one is shaping up to be 10 minutes plus; it's really cool stuff that we gotta use." He and Russell have started working through lyrics, and the band plans to start tracking in early March. "I think everyone will like it" he said, "it has a little bit of everything." -- Jax

No update since March, but I hope it's almost ready. I Have yet to be dissapointed by this band so I have high hopes for this release.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 am

yeah, seriously... 'Snooze Opera'.... 3 or 4 songs I care about on that one...as for Symphony X... half of an album I care about in their whole discography (the album in question is 'Paradise Lost'). lol! No rush for these I must say............ Love 'The Black Halo' and most of the stuff from 'The Fourth Legacy'...generally speaking though, the huge hype behind these bands is something I've never gotten, but yeah..

In terms of power metal, I have the new Wuthering Heights and the new Labyrinth and those are my to-hear things...both completely killer. I was let down by the Gamma Ray and some others.....
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

Kamelot lost me with the last one, but Black Halo is still a masterpiece! And since the new one features mr. Oliva, you know I'll buy it!

Symphony X has never let me down, so that is a blind buy!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
since the new one features mr. Oliva, you know I'll buy it!

Symphony X has never let me down, so that is a blind buy!

I will drink to that! On both accounts.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Kamelot lost me a long time ago. The last couple have been the epitomy of FLOWER metal. Where's the co-hones? It's suppose to be METAL!

I dig Symphony X.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm looking forward to the Symphony X.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:04 pm

man, dallasBlack, that's a pretty girl in your avatar lol. mmmm.. anyway..
I'm not liking this whole gothic approach Kamelot's taking with their sound. So, I'm not expecting much from this new album. Symphony X, however, I'm looking forward to. I'm also up for hearing anything by Russell Allen
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Most likely both will be snoozefests!!!!!!!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod51

Not trying to pile on but I agree.

I really liked the first several Kamelot albums but they lost me. And I've tried SX several times but sold off the albums I had (the last one to Pelata if I remember correctly).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:50 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod51

Not trying to pile on but I agree.

It's ok, I wasn't expecting everyone to be extactic about these releases. Kamelot has added so many influences and elements to their music that they were bound to loose fans (who knows, even I may be among them with this one-I barely listen to Ghost Opera) and Symphony X is prog metal and prog metal is not everyone's cup o' tea (and even then it needs to grow on certain people-I seem to be one of the few prog fans where this isn't true).
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:28 am

I'm with a lot of people here. Kamelot lost me some time ago. I'm not even sure when. I think the last album I really enjoyed was Karma...and that one they were really crossing over to the gothic - symphonic stuff, but I liked it. The newer releases I have, but they collect dust.

As for Symphony X... I dig 'em. I think my favorite is Divine Wings of Tragedy, but I really like the power metal influences they have shown on the Odyssey, and Paradise Lost. I dig Russell's vox. So much prog has pretty voices (like modern day Kamelot for instance), so I am glad that Russell comes along and adds some grit to it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:07 am

I like tons of prog, but Sy-X just puts me into a coma most of the time...and yet they aren't even all that proggy a lot of the time...way I see it, Pagan's Mind should be where SY-X is here in the states, but eh...

Kamelot.. I *wish* they had new influences and stuff added to their music so it didn't sound so utterly lazy and watered down most of the time. New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Lol 'Black Halo', 'Fourth Legacy' etc has strong songwriting with good instrumental beef around it...a lot of the other stuff is just, here's some melodic vocal lines, now let's do as little as humanly possible instrumentally and make the mix sound like someone punching a sponge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:53 am

Quote :
Kamelot lost me with the last one, but Black Halo is still a masterpiece! And since the new one features mr. Oliva, you know I'll buy it!

This. I've also tried SX a few times and a song or two will grab me but the rest just feels kind of, meh.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I like tons of prog, but Sy-X just puts me into a coma most of the time...and yet they aren't even all that proggy a lot of the time...way I see it, Pagan's Mind should be where SY-X is here in the states, but eh...

Kamelot.. I *wish* they had new influences and stuff added to their music so it didn't sound so utterly lazy and watered down most of the time. New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Lol 'Black Halo', 'Fourth Legacy' etc has strong songwriting with good instrumental beef around it...a lot of the other stuff is just, here's some melodic vocal lines, now let's do as little as humanly possible instrumentally and make the mix sound like someone punching a sponge.

Both funny and true New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 pm

I can't seem to get into Kamelot's stuff very much, but I was pretty impressed with the live set on One Cold Winter's Night. It feels like they have a lot more guts and power in a live setting, plus Simone Simmons duet with Roy is not bad. It doesn't hurt that she's HOT, either.
Symphony X, on the other hand, is awesome. Russell Allen has to be one of the best vocalists in prog/power and I will run to buy just about anything he sings on.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:36 pm

bassman wrote:
I can't seem to get into Kamelot's stuff very much, but I was pretty impressed with the live set on One Cold Winter's Night. It feels like they have a lot more guts and power in a live setting,

That is true. I could never really get into Ghost Opera but the songs were great live.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
bassman wrote:
I can't seem to get into Kamelot's stuff very much, but I was pretty impressed with the live set on One Cold Winter's Night. It feels like they have a lot more guts and power in a live setting,

That is true. I could never really get into Ghost Opera but the songs were great live.

I still think the mix is a little light on the low end but it's way better than the recorded material on the studio version
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X   New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New albums from Kamelot and Symphony X
Page 1 of 1