Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?

Go down 
+5
Coma
7thSaviour
Eyesore
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Empty
PostSubject: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169396

Just read this. Supposedly she's just a touring vocalist but really when would Stu have time to do this band any more? It would suck cause I actually like Stu with Into Eternity better but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 pm

she's got some great pipes on her though. her main band's self titled album is great. i think they have another one that i'm still missing too.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm

As long as she sounds good I don't care. Into Eternity has changed vocalists so many times its hard to keep track.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Honestly, Stu isn't irreplaceable. Tim Roth can handle all the vocals in the studio, and he's pretty damn good with the highs and the lows. So maybe this girl is just a touring vocalist.

But hey, I love female vocalists, so I'd be interested in hearing some studio stuff with her.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Honestly, Stu isn't irreplaceable. Tim Roth can handle all the vocals in the studio, and he's pretty damn good with the highs and the lows. So maybe this girl is just a touring vocalist.

But hey, I love female vocalists, so I'd be interested in hearing some studio stuff with her.

Yea he is good I dont know why he just doesn't sing all the time.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169396

Just read this. Supposedly she's just a touring vocalist but really when would Stu have time to do this band any more? It would suck cause I actually like Stu with Into Eternity better but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
Totally agreed! I love him with Into Eternity. I hope he can do both gigs, but he may soon be forced to make a really tough decision.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am

Eyesore wrote:

Maybe they could do "beauty and the beast"-style vocals full-time like a lot of bands are doing now?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:24 am

Damn.

Stu can stay in Iced Earth. I want these guys to do an album with her. Haha. Wicked impressed!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:26 pm

sounds pretty good. I wish theyd just say shes in the band already.

Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 pm

With the number of singers that have been in and out of Iced Earth, if I were Stu, I wouldn't shut the door on Into Eternity yet.

He's well accepted by the Iced Earth fans, a lot more than Ripper ever was, but things can change quickly with Jon Schaffer. Ask the 20+ ex-members of this band. ;-)

Picture this hypothetical scenario 2 or 3 years from now, knowing approximately one out of two marriages is failing in the USA nowadays :

"Hey Jon, it's Matt. I know it's currently going great for you guys with Stu on vocals, but if there's ever an opening to bring me back to the fold, I'd be interested. My wife and I are getting divorced, and the kids are older and don't need as much attention as before, so I'd be free to tour again. Just so you know ... the fans always considered me to be the true voice of Iced Earth."

Definitely not the outcome I'd wish for Stu professionally or Matt personally, and I don't even know if Matt would do such a thing should what I mentioned really occur, but it's definitely something I'd have in the back of my mind if I were in Stu's position. And as a fan, even though I like "Dystopia" a lot more than "The Crucible of Man", I'd rather have Barlow back in the band, just to handle the old stuff in concert.

Unless you're Matt Barlow, fronting Iced Earth is a simply a job with no employment security. I could be wrong, but given the age difference Stu has with Jon and the revolving door with musicians, Iced Earth isn't friends playing together in a band. It's a guy hiring musicians to be in a band. Huge difference as far as I'm concerned!
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:47 pm

I have been running Shock Totem for four years now, and we've gone through at least a dozen team members, people who talk big and produce little or just downright suck. I am not to blame, that's for sure. Anyone in a position of management would understand this as well. So I'm not sure why Jon always gets looked down upon for having a lot of band members come and go.

Musicians are a dime a dozen, even great ones, and frankly more often than not they're flakes, just worthless in a professional relationship. When I see a band like Iced Earth nearing their 30th anniversary, and I see the founding member still standing tall, I applaud him. I don't care how many people have come and gone.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Musicians are a dime a dozen, even great ones, and frankly more often than not they're flakes, just worthless in a professional relationship. When I see a band like Iced Earth nearing their 30th anniversary, and I see the founding member still standing tall, I applaud him. I don't care how many people have come and gone.

Yup...

Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:18 pm

My point wasn't to put a judgement on whether or not his way of doing things was right or not.

There are bands which were successful with a revolving door of musicians (Megadeth for instance), and others who were successful with the same core for over 20 years.

However, the context for band members is much different whether you're hired in someone's project as opposed to being 'one of the guys' if you started a band with your friends. It is totally different.

If you're an hired gun, you do what you're told. Don't like it? Fine, the guys will find someone else. However, if you built the band with your friends, brought it to where it is now, and the other guys are like brothers to you, let's just say that unless you really, really screw up, you don't have to worry much.

I don't think Hetfield/Hammett/Ulrich are really worried of getting kicked out of Metallica. The same goes for King/Hanneman/Araya with Slayer, or Benante/Ian with Anthrax.

Jon can do whatever he wants with Iced Earth, it's his baby. However, knowing that, it is obvious that besides Schaffer with Iced Earth or Mustaine with Megadeth, none of the other members can claim their job is safe. They don't call the shots, they didn't build the band.

As simple as that.
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 am

Bands who want to stay on the road and record every 2 years or so have to change band members a lot. There's no other way because metal has no money in it and eventually guys get in serious relationships/have kids and they can't stay on the road very much anymore.

If Hammett and Ulrich were scared about losing their job maybe they would've practice more and wouldn't have been phoning it in for 20 years.

I don't begrudge Jon at all for changing band members, I begrudge him for the lackluster songwriting he is known for. Changing band members is preferable to being stuck with lousy ones who don't make the band better.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:52 pm

With that revolving door of musicians, every time, the band has to reprove themselves. Just because one guy who started the band doesn't mean its still going to be good. They have to constantly prove themselves over and over because even for those bands, their time is also limited just as you're saying for these revolving door musicians that come and go.
Back to top Go down
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 am

I like Amanda Kiernan, and Order of Chaos is a pretty good band. She's a babe and can control an audience. Darn between her and Bryan Newbury Into Eternity is getting so Edmontonised. I love it! Haha, Anyone check out Bryan's band Death Toll Rising? Darn, I love that Into Eternity are recognizing these people. And Yeah it'd be nice to keep Stu Block but Darn it my favorite was Chris Krall. I've also been told I am a Cumstain for saying that.

My Grandpa's Ass bead Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? 37951
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?   Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could Stu Block really be out of Into Eternity and replaced by a female vocalist?
Page 1 of 1