Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Female Vocalist?

Go down 
+10
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
James B.
rattpoison
Wargod
manny
Stender
Schbopo
Troublezone
MetalRob331
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Favorite Female Vocalist? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Who is your favorite female singer out there? There are a lot of legends like Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, Nina Simone, Joni Mitchell, Patsy Cline, Mariah Carey, and so many more. I love all these singers just based on how well they control there voices.

I am going to pick someone more of my time who will be mentioned with those. Christina Aguilera, not only is she gorgeous but the way she sings with such emotion and power, and has all that soul in her voice that the ones i mentioned above have.

Below is a video of one of the best vocal performances of anyone IMO.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:51 pm

Clay Aiken. Razz just kidding Pat Benatar.

Last edited by troublezone on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 pm

troublezone wrote:
Clay Aiken Razz

yes, i heard it turned female Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Ann Wilson, Christina Scabbia, Janet Jackson...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Nina Llopis, Dawn Crosby, Janet Jackson, Eva O, Wendy O.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Too many to name, but here is a few
Ann Wilson
Wendy O Williams
Deborah Harry
Johnette Napolitano
Sarah McLachlan
Christina Amphlett
Janis Joplin
Pat Benatar
Nina Simone
Grace Slick
and many many more
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:06 pm

Lana Lane hands down!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:53 pm

manny wrote:

Christina Amphlett

Another Divinyls fan i see, great great band.

Here are some of mine......

Etta James
Ronnie Spector
Amy Winehouse
Mary Weiss
Sandy Denny
Exene Cervenka
Texacala Jones
Holly Vincent
Inger Lorre
Johnette Napolitano
Patti Smith
Chrissie Hynde
Jodi Phillis
Brijitte West

and heaps more........
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Damn it how could I leave off Exene , Patti Smith, and I love Amy Winehouse, " Frank" one of the best debuts by female soul/r & B vocalist in years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 pm

I cannot do this.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I cannot do this.

i know there is so many? I narrowed it down to who gives me the most goosebumps and thats my girl Christina. There are so many awesome lady rock singers that i love like Ann Wilson, Joplin, and Benatar but what they dont do as much is make me say WOW thats emotional and beautiful..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Aguilera is phenomenal! Seriously one of the best voices ever. That girl was better than most when she was like 9 years old. It's too bad her music is terrible.

My favorite metal singer is easily Floor Jansen, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Aguilera is phenomenal! Seriously one of the best voices ever. That girl was better than most when she was like 9 years old. It's too bad her music is terrible.

yes i agree her music is terrible but there are a few hidden gems in there. She just gives me that WOW factor. She got caught in the wrong time where all everyone wanted to see was young girls shaking there butt dance rather then hearing the music. When I seen videos like Dirty i thought man this isnt her. Songs like The Voice Within, Beautiful, I'm Okay, Reflection, and I Turn to You, is the way she shouldnt stayed. Her voice is way too powerful to be singing upbeat shake your tailfeather songs.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 pm

manny wrote:
Damn it how could I leave off Exene , Patti Smith, and I love Amy Winehouse, " Frank" one of the best debuts by female soul/r & B vocalist in years.

Finally another Amy Winehouse fan on this forum.

We discussed her lots here, mind you i was really the only one to have anything positive to say about her......

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/let-the-music-do-the-talking-f8/amy-winehouse-t4035-50.htm?highlight=amy+winehouse
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 am

Jamis Joplin-the emotion and power is phenominal
Doro Pesch-love her accent in the vocals
Etta James-just plain whoaa
Patsy Cline-the gal was real
Brenda Wilmuth-go from sweet and pretty to grungey on a dime
Lisa Faxon-above average singer but very good bowler
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:33 am

Non-Metal - Tina Turner...and until she recently ruined her face with plastic surgery she was alway one of the 2-3 hottest women in her age group.

Metal: - Elisa Martin, probably (Dark Moor)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:45 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

yes i agree her music is terrible but there are a few hidden gems in there. She just gives me that WOW factor. She got caught in the wrong time where all everyone wanted to see was young girls shaking there butt dance rather then hearing the music. When I seen videos like Dirty i thought man this isnt her. Songs like The Voice Within, Beautiful, I'm Okay, Reflection, and I Turn to You, is the way she shouldnt stayed. Her voice is way too powerful to be singing upbeat shake your tailfeather songs.
I'd like to see her do an album with just her vocals and a piano. That I would buy...maybe.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:11 am

Beth Hart!

Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:42 am

Ann Wilson
Janis Joplin
Beth Hart
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Ella Fitzgerald
Aretha Franklin
Stevie Nicks
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:47 am

Amanda Palmer. Topic over.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:52 am

I still like Doro the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 am

Smindas wrote:
Amanda Palmer. Topic over.

The Dresden Dolls, interesting choice, excellent vocalist, not heard her newest solo album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Female Vocalist?   Favorite Female Vocalist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Female Vocalist?
Page 1 of 1