Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New KIDS On The Block???????

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
Metal Misfit
Leatherface
the sentinel
DeathCult
exact33
Tall Tyrion
Stender
DallasBlack
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New KIDS On The Block??????? Empty
PostSubject: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:35 am

Anybody remember these guys? This was the group that paved the way for the boy bands we all hate. Obviously this is not a topic on fans because I'm almost positive nobody here likes this crap. Working at Wal-Mart they have these commercials constantly repeating on the TVs placed throughout the store. Every couple of weeks a commerical showcases a particular artist (never anyone good) and I saw a group of older guys but they were performing like a boy band. I thought it was wierd until I saw an advertisement at the store for a NKOTB reunion. Is it just me or is there something wrong with a bunch of guys in their 40s dancing like idiots and calling themselves Kids. If they want to relive their glory days, hey thats up to them but lets get some truth in advertising. Something like Old Farts On The Block would be more appropriate.

I made up some lyrics that made me crack up (the first verse to the tune of The Right Stuff):

Living on my pension
Arthritis in my hips
Cataracts in my eyes
Wrinkled finger tips
I'm wearing my depends
Plus my hearing aid
Have my walker and coin puse
I have my Medicade
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:22 pm

I guess it was only funny to me.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Oh yeah New kids on the block my favorate... grim reaper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Is it just me or is there something wrong with a bunch of guys in their 40s dancing like idiots and calling themselves Kids.

It's no worse that some idiots that we got over here who call themselves BOYzone, middle aged me with kinds and families.

Gonna move this to the Unsound Mind area before some members get their panties in a twist. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Locky wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Is it just me or is there something wrong with a bunch of guys in their 40s dancing like idiots and calling themselves Kids.

It's no worse that some idiots that we got over here who call themselves BOYzone, middle aged me with kinds and families.

Gonna move this to the Unsound Mind area before some members get their panties in a twist. Laughing

Good, because I realized soon after I made the thread that it would have been better here.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Locky wrote:
middle aged me with kinds and families.

You're a part of this, Locky? scratch
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:57 pm

NKOTB 🤘

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:02 pm

I wonder where Sax is with his rare first album plug on this one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Back in Junior High, my sister and my cousin (12 and 13 at the time) went to see these fools at the Providence civic center and got interviewed by the local news station when they exitied the concert. My cousin actually broke out the tape a few weeks ago at her and her husbands housewarming party. It was a good laugh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 pm

My sister was huge fans of them back in the day. They did nothing for me however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 am

The weird thing is that chicks are diggin' 'em again. Old and young! Their tour has actually done very well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 am

When they first came out i was barely starting to get into metal.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 am

The first and worst boy band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:14 am

Leatherface wrote:
They did nothing for me however.

We Dont believe you Leatherface lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am

Required Fields wrote:
The first and worst boy band.

Not true!! Menudo pre-dated the New Squids by at least half a decade, probably more!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 am

I was playing cards Saturday night with a bunch of my buddies when a NKOTB song came on the radio...

No wait, that's a story for another time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Locky wrote:
middle aged me with kinds and families.

You're a part of this, Locky? scratch

Should read Kids.............. Laughing

Hey I've no kids (well none that I know of) and also have no family left but for parents.

I do however have 5 copies of the NKOTB debut album on vinyl under the mattress .......... New KIDS On The Block??????? 505193
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Couldn't be any worse than how a friend of mine came out

we were chatting one day bout women and stuff and I mentioned that it's weird how many women dislike giving BJ's, he agreed then replied with "Yea I know and they are lovely"

What a way to exit. lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Locky wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Couldn't be any worse than how a friend of mine came out

we were chatting one day bout women and stuff and I mentioned that it's weird how many women dislike giving BJ's, he agreed then replied with "Yea I know and they are lovely"

What a way to exit. lol!

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Anybody remember these guys? This was the group that paved the way for the boy bands we all hate. Obviously this is not a topic on fans because I'm almost positive nobody here likes this crap. Working at Wal-Mart they have these commercials constantly repeating on the TVs placed throughout the store. Every couple of weeks a commerical showcases a particular artist (never anyone good) and I saw a group of older guys but they were performing like a boy band. I thought it was wierd until I saw an advertisement at the store for a NKOTB reunion. Is it just me or is there something wrong with a bunch of guys in their 40s dancing like idiots and calling themselves Kids. If they want to relive their glory days, hey thats up to them but lets get some truth in advertising. Something like Old Farts On The Block would be more appropriate.

I made up some lyrics that made me crack up (the first verse to the tune of The Right Stuff):

Living on my pension
Arthritis in my hips
Cataracts in my eyes
Wrinkled finger tips
I'm wearing my depends
Plus my hearing aid
Have my walker and coin puse
I have my Medicade

Hey,I get it. How about:
Mid Life Crisis
On my 2nd Divorce
Highschool 2nd reunion
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New KIDS On The Block???????   New KIDS On The Block??????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New KIDS On The Block???????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: