Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mike Lee back in Barren Cross

Go down 
+16
exact33
EmoElmo
kmorg
Stender
NO-you!
Dark Horseman
mez
Addy
Sutekh
James B.
7thSaviour
bassman
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Empty
PostSubject: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Just saw this update on BC's Facebook page... for whatever that's worth. Some of you might remember when they announced their "new" singer a couple of years ago...which amounted to diddly-squat.

Quote :
Just so everyone knows, Mike is back singing with the band. We are playing our first show in several years. We plan to continue playing and recording. Please say a prayer for Barren Cross as we continue to follow the Lords leading.

Blessings

BC

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Completely honest question, this band still exists?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Yawn

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:22 pm

I guess the Lord has them wandering the desert for 40 years...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 pm

BRING BACK VINNE VAN VOLT!!!!!

LOL - Just kidding. Good to see Mike Lee or Drive or what ever his name is back in the band. It sees like he's the one that has been holding things up with the band. I would love to hear some new stuff from them provided they don't try to put out Rattle Your Cage pt 2. Can't stand that album!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm

I loved the first 3 BC albums back in the day...modeled a lot of my early vocal approach after Mike Lee...they've just made so many "we're back" announcements in the last 10 years then done nothing but a couple shows...I'll believe this when I see it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I guess the Lord has them wandering the desert for 40 years...

......decked out in cut-up tight jeans and foo-foo hair waiting to be rockin' for the King
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Completely honest question, this band still exists?

...which is why I said "for whatever that's worth..." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Now if they could just come up with Atomic Arena Pt 2 we're in business!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I dig all of BC's albums to one degree or another, but ATOMIC ARENA is quite simply one of my favorite '80s metal albums, period... if they could come up with something HALF as good as that again, I'd be over the moon.

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:54 am

I hope this is a true reunion of the band. I am looking forward to a new BC album and tour!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dig all of BC's albums to one degree or another, but ATOMIC ARENA is quite simply one of my favorite '80s metal albums, period... if they could come up with something HALF as good as that again, I'd be over the moon.

I hear you! Atomic Arena is a GREAT album, not just a great Christian Metal album, but a GREAT FRAKIN' ALBUM!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 am

I saw the "reunion" at Extreme Mardi Gras" in 2002. Played like 3 tunes (Bill you guys droped the ball when you decided to open up the full stage instead of keeping it in two parts....still love ya bro) and I saw the "reunion" at Cali-Stone. They will never be like back when they were firing on all cylanders (IMHO) Man, they were really great onstage back in the day.

My biggest gripe about this announcement is I already see them doing a kickstart type trip to finance a new recording. More power to them, although I don't really dig on bands doing it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Love the band's first three albums, liked RYC, but like Freddy & Shawn, I'm not holding my breath on this one.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Yawn

Thats how I feel about Van Halen, but this would be my response too, I liked BC back in the day but I dont think I can listen to them now. Just seem too hokey or something I dunno.....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:52 am

To wishy washy. I just dont see it lasting. Dont count on anything by them soon or for that matter probably again. Mike Lee seems to have some very confusing thoughts in his mind that dont appear to be evenly yoked with the other crew. Only a matter of time before they split. Do what I did, forget the band "exists" today and enjoy the stuff they put out in the past. It makes for a more simple way of moving on......

If I am wrong, then I hope they get something well worth all the drama and years we had to put up with.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:33 am

Well, apparently the reformed BC are playing the "Elements of Rock" festival in Switzerland in March... I guess that's something.

http://elementsofrock.com/

Their Facebook page sez "We will be playing all of our old favorites and with God's help, maybe something new!"

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Hope it's true but i'm not holding my breath. I'm too dang old to do that anymore anyways.
Back to top Go down
NO-you!
Metal novice
Metal novice
NO-you!

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:34 am

Would love to hear some new BC tunes!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Cell phone video of BC's performance in Switzerland at Elements of Rock:

Quality isn't great but they sound like they're still pretty tight...

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 pm

A glimmer of hope.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hope it's true but i'm not holding my breath. I'm too dang old to do that anymore anyways.

..yeah, you might poop yourself or something.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 am

"Close to the edge" headbanger

Thanks Kieth !

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 am

Quote :

Dark Horseman wrote:

..yeah, you might poop yourself or something.

Mike Lee back in Barren Cross 875605
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Phenomenal band! They played a new song at Elements of Rock, I was hoping someone filmed that and posted it on YouTube.

PostSubject: Re: Mike Lee back in Barren Cross   Mike Lee back in Barren Cross Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Lee back in Barren Cross
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next