Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"10 worst album covers in hard rock"

Go down 
+30
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
stormspell
Morrison
chewie
Required Fields
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
jstate
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
brokentulsa
exact33
JBall_Z
MoonChild
Lurideath
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
martinsane
Grimmo
Witchfinder
Nico
adrian
EmoElmo
GrandNational
Hadley
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

"10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 pm

stormspell wrote:
Angry Machines is gazillion times worse than Lock Up the Wolves, just saying...

Interstingly, Martin Popoff, author of Light Beyond the Black, ranks it up there with Holy Diver and Last in Line.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetal

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 am

Any and all AC/DC covers.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 am

HeavyMetal wrote:
Any and all AC/DC covers.

"Fly on the Wall" is an awesome cover, so is "Who Made Who". For it's simplicity with that of just a pencil (I believe), "Flick of the Switch" kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetal

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 am

I guess I'm a bit biased since I just hate AC/DC Razz
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 am

HeavyMetal wrote:

That and you have an Iron Maiden avatar, who are the kings of coolness when it comes to artistic covers. I would say "Dirty Deeds", "The Razors Edge" and "For Those About to Rock" are probably the most boring covers, but otherwise, I think AC/DC has pretty cool artistic sense when it comes to deciding on a cover.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetal

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:18 am

Haha yeah, I'm pretty spoiled then when it comes to album covers. Razz I think their (AC/DC) covers definitely do reflect the music perfectly.

Here's a question, album covers the look/feel NOTHING like the music within?
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am

Your avatar Very Happy The cover is better than most of the tunes.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

I second that! I just listened to this the morning after seeing his avatar. The album really is pretty bad for Iron Maiden standards. I like about half of the tunes, which for a Maiden album isn't good.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetal

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:

I second that! I just listened to this the morning after seeing his avatar. The album really is pretty bad for Iron Maiden standards. I like about half of the tunes, which for a Maiden album isn't good.

I dunno if it's really THAT bad. I mean, it's definitely one of the more lackluster Maiden albums (the only reason it's my AV is because I have no pictures saved on my computer save No Prayer because I had to re-size it for a friend) but I think there are some great ideas just not executed well. The thing was recorded in a barn which was problem number one, haha. The production is pretty bad. I think it's definitely a fun record though. Maybe not as intricate and polished as it's predecessor, but fun nonetheless.

I think a lot of Power Metal bands have FANTASTIC artwork, but the albums are unmemorable. I can't think of a specific one right now, but the list is vast.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Dance of Death is a horrible cover...

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

That and you have an Iron Maiden avatar, who are the kings of coolness when it comes to artistic covers. I would say "Dirty Deeds", "The Razors Edge" and "For Those About to Rock" are probably the most boring covers, but otherwise, I think AC/DC has pretty cool artistic sense when it comes to deciding on a cover.

For Those About To Rock is one of the best covers ever. Especially in LP format.

Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy is in poor taste.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28504

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Nico wrote:
I'm surprised that Lovedrive made the top of the list seeing as it's by the same band that gave us one super-disturbing album cover with Virgin Killer. scratch blech sick

Am I right, people?

That is perhaps the first album cover that comes to mind when I think of awful album covers.

Also, although the band is perhaps not well known enough to crack a list like this, Waco Jesus - The Destruction of Commercial Scum deserves to be mentioned. Despite the album covers mc666 posts, I am not going to post the album cover for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Having a really terrible album cover is bad but having four attempts at it and them all being terrible is genius! Very Happy

I'm going to rank these from 'best' to worst

"10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 1000x1000

Yup, incredibly I think this is the best one "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 4782

"10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Battlx

"10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 1602205

But there is still no beating the original

"10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 258078-8095c4678720456180f2b91ac3806fba

Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:35 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
The heck? Self Explanatory baby
"10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Tumblr_kzk19oV8Pm1qzcasjo1_400

Umm...this belongs on the BEST ALBUM COVERS EVER list, thank you! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "10 worst album covers in hard rock"   "10 worst album covers in hard rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"10 worst album covers in hard rock"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3