Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

80S-90S Demos

Go down 
+2
krokus
speed101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:28 am

Hey i was thinking about buying a ton of 80s/early thrash/speed demos but not sure on the quality.Do any of u have any and is the quality usually good enough on them to buy them?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 am

On tape?, originals or copies?. I traded tapes in the past and normaly the sound of oficial demo tapes were good. Live demos or rehearsal tapes were a lot of times not so good. But if its a demo recorded in a studio, and not at a rehearsal room then normaly the sound is good.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:03 am

Im not sure krokus but some im asking about are say blood lust-suicidal mission demo,taskforce-iron assassins demo,virgin witch-death metal demo.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 am

You need to make sure they're original. Tons of people sell fake "originals." They just photocopy the inserts and dub the songs to a blank tape. Sometimes they'll slap a sticker on the tape, scribble the band name on there, but it's more often than not these days a scam.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
They just photocopy the inserts and dub the songs to a blank tape. Sometimes they'll slap a sticker on the tape, scribble the band name on there,

Isn't that what most of the bands did in the tape days? lol!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:38 am

speed101 wrote:
Im not sure krokus but some im asking about are say blood lust-suicidal mission demo,taskforce-iron assassins demo,virgin witch-death metal demo.

well, you can get that Blood Lust demo on a new compilation cd from the band
I keep putting off buying that. Love that one as much as their Face Fate EP.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Blood_Feast/Remnants%3A_The_Last_Remains/26309

http://www.drinktheblood.com/bloodfeast_shop.html
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
They just photocopy the inserts and dub the songs to a blank tape. Sometimes they'll slap a sticker on the tape, scribble the band name on there,

Well, yeah. Hell, I did that and I have many demos from other bands like that. But what you see now is someone selling tons and tons of the rarest demos around, and all of them show cassettes with no markings or stickers on them. No product info—Memorex, etc.—no band name or album title.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well, yeah. Hell, I did that and I have many demos from other bands like that. But what you see now is someone selling tons and tons of the rarest demos around, and all of them show cassettes with no markings or stickers on them. No product info—Memorex, etc.—no band name or album title.

yep. that is exactly correct!!

speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for the responses.Reason i asked this question is im looking to get over 150 demos so i didnt know if they ould all be worth it as the sound quality might be crap.Still not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

80S-90S Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80S-90S Demos   80S-90S Demos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80S-90S Demos
Page 1 of 1