Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost Sabbath demos

Go down 
+6
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lari
Gilbert
the sentinel
Wrecked Neck
Hadley
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Anyone hear about this?:

https://lostmediawiki.com/%22Heaven_and_Hell%22_(lost_Ozzy_Osbourne_vocals_of_Black_Sabbath_album;_late_1970s)

I would have loved to hear Ozzy's take on those two songs.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Think I remember reading about it, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to hear it. I can't even wrap my head around Ozzy singing those songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 2:59 pm

I can't say that I know anything about this. but it might be pretty cool to hear.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 3:27 pm

I am curious to check this out.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:18 pm

I wonder how they would market this? Will it be a digital download? a bonus on a deluxe edition?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:55 pm

I don't know if I want to hear them. I'm afraid Ozzy might not be able to compete.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 5:39 pm

Would love to hear this. Just to further confirm that Dio was Sab's best vocalist. On a kinda side note, Does anyone else here have the Ray Gillen demos? MAN! Ray was the man. Don't know the back story, but the Ray Gillen demos get more play from me than anything Ozzy did with that band.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 1:30 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Would love to hear this.  Just to further confirm that Dio was Sab's best vocalist.  On a kinda side note, Does anyone else here have the Ray Gillen demos?  MAN!  Ray was the man.  Don't know the back story, but the Ray Gillen demos get more play from me than anything Ozzy did with that band.

I have the album he did before Tony Martin came and redid them. Also I have 2 live bootleg shows with Ray on vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:53 am

I would imagine it's just Ozzy humming along a melody or mumbling some words to the music written. Even if Geezer had some lyrics written for these songs, they'd be completely different from what Dio wrote when he entered the band, right?

I dunno. If they were released, I'd certainly listen to them on YouTube but I can't imagine they'd be essential listens.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Quote :
I would imagine it's just Ozzy humming along a melody or mumbling some words to the music written.

"Blah blah sing me a song you're a something something ... SHAROOOON! WHERE THE BLOODY 'ELL ARE ME PANTS?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 12:38 pm

I'd love to hear Geezer's versions of the lyrics, but not necessarily sung by Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:37 am

I’ve heard KISS demos. They’re okay. Interesting to hear. 
But overall.....there’s not many demo songs that catch my ear.
Except slaughter’s “ Mad About You “ - better than original.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:31 am

I can't remember if it were Iommi or Geezer who said the difference between Ozzy and Dio was that Ozzy sang in between the riffs while Dio sang across them or something like that, so I wonder if the music itself would sound different or have a different time measure.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:56 am

This does imply Geezer had some sort of lyrics in mind before Dio joined and re-did everything. Dio probably wrote some of the songs as well.

Ozzy has zero writing credits on the album, and I understand he had very little to do with writing anything Sabbath anyway. He only really got his own stuff out after leaving the band.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 10:59 am

Lari wrote:
This does imply Geezer had some sort of lyrics in mind before Dio joined and re-did everything. Dio probably wrote some of the songs as well.

Ozzy has zero writing credits on the album, and I understand he had very little to do with writing anything Sabbath anyway. He only really got his own stuff out after leaving the band.

I have heard/ read similar stuff in support of that statement too. I also understand it was Sharon (since the early to mid '80's) that has secured Ozzy writing credits on a lot of stuff when he really didn't deserve it. Hence, the disagreements/ litigation with Daisley, Kerslake, and Lee.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 11:10 am

Lari wrote:
and I understand he had very little to do with writing anything Sabbath anyway. He only really got his own stuff out after leaving the band.

On the majority of the Sabbath albums with Ozzy, all four members (Iommi, Butler, Osbourne and Ward) are credited with the music, and Geezer wrote the majority of the lyrics. Some of the instrumental pieces are solely credited to Tony.

From what I've gathered over the years, in the early days, all 4 members contributed in some way on the albums. It wasn't until around Technical Ecstasy where Ozzy's antics starting to effect the band as a whole.

I do however firmly believe that by the time he went solo, Sharon made sure Ozzy got songwriting credits on everything even if he was passed out and farted during a writing session.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 4:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:
and I understand he had very little to do with writing anything Sabbath anyway. He only really got his own stuff out after leaving the band.

On the majority of the Sabbath albums with Ozzy, all four members (Iommi, Butler, Osbourne and Ward) are credited with the music, and Geezer wrote the majority of the lyrics. Some of the instrumental pieces are solely credited to Tony.

From what I've gathered over the years, in the early days, all 4 members contributed in some way on the albums. It wasn't until around Technical Ecstasy where Ozzy's antics starting to effect the band as a whole.

I do however firmly believe that by the time he went solo, Sharon made sure Ozzy got songwriting credits on everything even if he was passed out and farted during a writing session.

I will try to dig it up, but I have a Classic Rock mag somewhere where there was an interview with Jake E. Lee that talks about how Sharon would make Ozzy go in and a "hum a melody" or something to get a writing credit. That's like the guy with the big scissors cutting the ceremonial ribbon telling people he built the new skyscraper. Kinda sad.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:12 pm

the sentinel wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:

I will try to dig it up, but I have a Classic Rock mag somewhere where there was an interview with Jake E. Lee that talks about how Sharon would make Ozzy go in and a "hum a melody" or something to get a writing credit. That's like the guy with the big scissors cutting the ceremonial ribbon telling people he built the new skyscraper. Kinda sad.
Damn, never mind I can't find the one I thought I had. Had a video of Jake talking about the stuff ozzy wrote. The one I posted wasn't it so I deleted it lol
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:09 pm

From Wiki, since it pretty much sums up the article I am looking for but can't find.

Upon returning from the Betty Ford Center in 1985 where he had undergone treatment for substance abuse, Osbourne was presented with a substantial quantity of music written by guitarist Jake E. Lee. After having been cheated out of his writing and publishing claims for Osbourne's previous album, 1983's Bark at the Moon, Lee says this time he refused to contribute anything until he had a contract in front of him guaranteeing his writing credit and publishing rights.[7] Much of this music would form the basis of the album. The album's lyrics were largely written by long-time Osbourne bassist and lyricist Bob Daisley. Daisley left the band prior to recording after having a disagreement with Osbourne, prompting the hiring of Soussan as his replacement. Daisley was not credited for his songwriting contributions on the initial 1986 pressing of the album, though this was corrected on subsequent pressings.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Some more:

Bark at the Moon is the only Ozzy Osbourne album on which the songwriting is credited entirely to Osbourne. However, guitarist Jake E. Lee maintains that he composed a significant amount of the album’s music but was cheated out of his writing and publishing claims by Osbourne’s wife and manager, Sharon.[8] Lee claims that after he had composed the songs and completed recording his parts in the studio, he was presented with a contract which stated that he would have no claim to any writing or publishing relating to the album. The contract also stated that Lee could not mention this publicly. Lee claims he signed the contract because he had no legal representation and because Sharon threatened to fire him and have another guitarist re-record his parts if he refused.[8]

Osbourne himself admitted several years later in the liner notes to The Ozzman Cometh that Lee had been involved in the album's writing to at least some degree, stating that the album's title track was in fact co-written by the guitarist.[9] Osbourne's bassist at the time, Bob Daisley, has mirrored Lee's account of the album's production, stating that he co-wrote most of the music with Lee and wrote the vast majority of the lyrics. Daisley has stated that he accepted a buyout from Osbourne in exchange for a writing credit.[10] Osbourne's former drummer Lee Kerslake, who also played with Daisley in Uriah Heep after leaving Osbourne's band, stated that Daisley had been hired by Sharon Osbourne to write the Bark at the Moon album for "$50–60,000 or whatever it is. He was offered the chance to write with Ozzy. Words, music – write the album."[11]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I wonder how they would market this? Will it be a digital download? a bonus on a deluxe edition?

Unless I misread something, I don’t believe there is any plans to release these to the public. The link in the original post just states that these recordings possibly exist.

Lost Sabbath demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Sabbath demos   Lost Sabbath demos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Sabbath demos
Page 1 of 1