Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Demos

Go down 
+6
stevegarveyfan
Stender
Wargod
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
80smetalrocks
10 posters
AuthorMessage
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:06 am

Anyone know where u can buy lots of 80s metal bands demos?I see tons on Metal-Archive but where can u buy um if at all?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:53 am

eBay is your best bet if you're looking for actual tapes.

Lots of bands have released their demos on CD over the years too, some legitimately, some not so.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 am

Yes, ebay is the best place, but expect to pay a hefty price for some of them. Others you can get for a steal, but others can go into the hundreds of dollars. I saw the Ultimatum Fatal Delay demo sell for almost $50. How silly. surprised

There is a cool demo thread in the R.I.P. room started by Eyesore. Check it out.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/the-cassette-demo-collecting-thread-t5973.htm?highlight=demo

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:37 am

Good luck with your search, your best bet is to get them when they first come out. I buy alot of ep knowing that there only a handful made. Once there gone good luck they increase in price!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Becareful when buying demos on ebay because a ton of sellers that have supposed demos the band released are just homemade tapes recorded from the acual tape on a blank cassette with sharpie marker saying what band it is. People can get away with stuff like that because demos are usually made with zero cash and can genuinely look like that. I think Eyesore told me that.

If you are not interested in actual hard copy demos, go to bazillionpoints.com. they have huge demo archives ready for download that has new updates all the time.
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:52 pm

If i say get full length cds by all the 80s metal bands then is there eally any need to search for demos as im really just looking for the best quality sounding songs?Maybe get Eps?Thanks for all you guys help.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:50 pm

An old Lightforce demo just ended on eBay, and it went for over $200. I wanted it badly, but I'm a married man with my first child having just been born. I had to be somewhat responsible, so I didn't win it, but it doesn't mean I didn't want it!

When are we ever gonna see another of these for sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=230335339976
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
An old Lightforce demo just ended on eBay, and it went for over $200. I wanted it badly, but I'm a married man with my first child having just been born. I had to be somewhat responsible, so I didn't win it, but it doesn't mean I didn't want it!

When are we ever gonna see another of these for sale?

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=230335339976
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=230335339976[/quote[/url]]

Man, I kinda want that too!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:33 pm

203 bucks for a cassette demo from an obscure Australian Christian metal band, that many people say was one of the worst Christian metal bands ever. And they say the economy is going to hell!

lol!

I liked them though Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
203 bucks for a cassette demo from an obscure Australian Christian metal band, that many people say was one of the worst Christian metal bands ever. And they say the economy is going to hell!

lol!

I liked them though Very Happy

The bleeding Chinese WATCH!!!!!...mother...
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 am

Probably easier to get EPs.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Hmmm...may need to sell my Lightforce demos!

I have a TON of demos, as most here know, and it has taken a lot of years to build up that collection. You just have to be dilligent keep your eyes open in odd places.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 am

demos are kewl, wish I would of kept alot of what I used to have. Oh well, it's only stuff \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am

That's pretty crazy about that Lightforce demo...I have a couple of their demos, but not that one.

I wonder how much their very FIRST one would go for? The one with the blue cover... Metal Archives says that only 30 of them were ever made. Only 50 of the yellow one on the ebay link were made, so... hmmm....

I don't have near as many old demos as, say, Arttie does, but I have some that would probably fetch a pretty penny if I sold them. I don't have any current plans to, though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Demos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Demos   Metal Demos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Demos
Page 1 of 1