Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske

Go down 
+21
krokus
Spiner202
MetalGuy71
metalheaded
Andy
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
Speedmetalfreak
stpatrik
powermacho
Dellocatus
Eyesore
James B.
EmoElmo
mc666
Fat Freddy
kmorg
snooloui
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
exact33
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 am

exact33 wrote:
krokus wrote:
I bought the digipack version that comes with one more song. It took me a couple of plays before i really liked it. Its a good melodic hard rock&melodic metal album. Dont expect KEEPERS type of heavy metal or GAMMA RAY. Songs are good, with cool choruses and solos and Kiske voice sound great. A real buy or die album for melodic hard rock fans.
The only bad song is the last one, the only one written by MICHAEL KISKE. Its great that the rest of the songs are written by Denis from PINK CREAM 69 and KAI HANSEN if not it would be a smurf poo album.

i dig the melodic hard rock from them. I think it suits them fine.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm

I like what I hear. I'll probably pick this up.
Back to top Go down
NoRestrainsGr
Metal novice
Metal novice
NoRestrainsGr

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:27 pm

It seems good but Kiske didn't ''convince'' me...The whole concept feels like some guys in their 40's trying to play some songs that are meant for ppl in their 20's to play...What I also didn't enjoy was the I WANT OUT cover running as the promo's background because it reminded me of Helloween. As a Helloween fan, after the promo on page 1, I would storm my house searching for my copy of The Keeper. Buying a Unisonic album copy would be by far second in my mind.
Summing up, what I think makes them bound not to shine is them connecting their band to Helloween. No matter how good their albums will be I just think they will be a mere shadow of Helloween

Last edited by NoRestrainsGr on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fail at english)
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 pm

NoRestrainsGr wrote:
It seems good but Kiske didn't ''convince'' me...The whole concept feels like some guys in their 40's trying to play some songs that are meant for ppl in their 20's to play...What I also didn't enjoy was the I WANT OUT cover running as the promo's background because it reminded me of Helloween. As a Helloween fan, after the promo on page 1, I would storm my house searching for my copy of The Keeper. Buying a Unisonic album copy would be by far second in my mind.
Summing up, what I think makes them bound not to shine is them connecting their band to Helloween. No matter how good their albums will be I just think they will be a mere shadow of Helloween

Haha. I did just the same - uploaded Keepers on a player. Seems I won't listen to the album for some time.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:29 pm

NoRestrainsGr wrote:

You'll eventually like them as soon as your musical tastes mature overtime, when I was your age I was overly picky about everything (the style, what the vocals and guitars should sound like etc) but now I realized there were so many great bands during my teens and my early 20's that I've missed listening to. Eventually liking those that I loathed...believe me, this will happen to you (as with those few other members here who attested) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NoRestrainsGr
Metal novice
Metal novice
NoRestrainsGr

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 am

EmoElmo wrote:

You'll eventually like them as soon as your musical tastes mature overtime, when I was your age I was overly picky about everything (the style, what the vocals and guitars should sound like etc) but now I realized there were so many great bands during my teens and my early 20's that I've missed listening to. Eventually liking those that I loathed...believe me, this will happen to you (as with those few other members here who attested) Very Happy
Believe it or not I actually understand what you're saying and I do believe that I will listen to them and like them. It's just that now it doesn't sound like anything special to me and my needs fpr Euro-Power Metal are covered by Helloween, Gamma-Ray and Gravedigger (not quite sure if they are euro-power but they still cover my needs).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 pm

NoRestrainsGr wrote:

to be honest, I have really enjoyed the last couple projects Kiske has done - especially Place Vendome. I think his voice sounds great and the style of music really fits him nicely.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:48 pm

exact33 wrote:
NoRestrainsGr wrote:

to be honest, I have really enjoyed the last couple projects Kiske has done - especially Place Vendome. I think his voice sounds great and the style of music really fits him nicely.

Both PV albums are absolute killer. Only Dennis Ward project that has yet to dissapoint me. Wish I could say that about Sunstorm. Can't wait for a new PV album and I also can't wait til I get this one (Unisonic).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:27 am

UNISONIC playes timeless hard rock, melodic metal that can be played by guys of 20 or 50, if they know how to play and can be listened to by people of all ages. UNISONIC dont play fashion music for fashion and plastic people. They play real music for real people.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:05 pm

I just bought this today. I'll post impressions later.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:32 am

This is the most played album by me in a long time!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

On the wrestling website I follow had a link for this Chris Jericho interview of Unisonic:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/257139-rock-of-jericho-on-air-now-chris-jericho-interview-metal-group
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:59 pm

A new single padded with crap to make it an EP is coming out soon.

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:17 pm

What a coincidence. I was driving back from visiting my dad just an hour ago and one of the songs I picked to listen to was Unisonic.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Lari wrote:
I just bought this today. I'll post impressions later.
Huh, I never followed up this post.

I think it's a great record and sounds a lot like Pink Cream 69. I love PC69, so that's a compliment. Pretty slick and polished, but great hooks.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:12 am

I've never heard PC69, so I don't have a frame of reference.

Unisonic isn't bad, but it's not something I find myself reaching for a lot. It kind of fell into the same boat as the Kiske/Somerville project, which was a REAL shame because I love both vocalists involved.

In that case though, it just felt like the writing wasn't suitable for their voices. Kiske may not be in his 20s, but the Avantasia stuff he's on shows clearly that the guy still has one hell of a range and none of the KS songs took advantage of that. Ditto for Somerville. They just kept her in the middle of the road and that woman makes my jaw drop when she sings.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Runicen wrote:
I've never heard PC69, so I don't have a frame of reference.

Unisonic isn't bad, but it's not something I find myself reaching for a lot.  It kind of fell into the same boat as the Kiske/Somerville project, which was a REAL shame because I love both vocalists involved.  

In that case though, it just felt like the writing wasn't suitable for their voices.  Kiske may not be in his 20s, but the Avantasia stuff he's on shows clearly that the guy still has one hell of a range and none of the KS songs took advantage of that.  Ditto for Somerville.  They just kept her in the middle of the road and that woman makes my jaw drop when she sings.   Shocked 

You may want to check Pink Cream 69 out. They are awesome! Very catchy songs and an incredible vocalist. Highly recommend the Electrified and Endangered as they are superb. Here are some samples from both albums:

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:30 am

Ok, Dallas, I can only say "Thank you."

I definitely need to check out more of their stuff. Most righteous!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Their earlier stuff has a different vocalist. Namely, Andi Deris (Helloween) and while good just doesn't touch the latter stuff. Besides, I think the early material is hard to find. Current vocalist is David Readman who I also think has a good solo album out there as well. One thing I think is neat about them is they are currently an international band. Formed in Germany with an American bassist (AOR/MHR king Dennis Ward-who's actually from Dallas, TX) and latter aquiring an English vocalist (Readman).
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:46 am

I only knew the name via the liners in the Helloween reissues that talk about Deris coming on board. I had no idea they were still a going concern...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Sonic Dynamite is my favourite by them. Giant hooks and a real consistent album. The others I have are Electrified, Thunderdome, In10sity and Ceremonial. All quality.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:42 am

This may belong in its own thread, so tell me to bugger off and make one if so...

I keep hearing that Kiske got really negative on the whole metal scene, insulted fans and the like in various interviews over the years, but nothing I've found indicates that he got more intense than, "I don't like the direction it went in and I think it's stupid."

Given how he was dismissed from Helloween and the fact that Ingo Schwichtenberg was also dismissed and later committed suicide, it's not hard to imagine why he would have some negative associations.

Did he fully jump the shark with it or is that really all it took to make people paint him as the turncoat until the Avantasia thing brought him back?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Runicen wrote:
This may belong in its own thread, so tell me to bugger off and make one if so...

I keep hearing that Kiske got really negative on the whole metal scene, insulted fans and the like in various interviews over the years, but nothing I've found indicates that he got more intense than, "I don't like the direction it went in and I think it's stupid."

Given how he was dismissed from Helloween and the fact that Ingo Schwichtenberg was also dismissed and later committed suicide, it's not hard to imagine why he would have some negative associations.  

Did he fully jump the shark with it or is that really all it took to make people paint him as the turncoat until the Avantasia thing brought him back?

He did say some things, but I think they were kind of taken out of context. He was just fed up with the satanic side of metal. I know Helloween was anything but satanic but he just became very religious and wanted to distance himself from that, which is why Chameleon was the way it was.

I'm glad he finally came back to the rock/metal sound because that fits his voice perfectly. His solo stuff really didn't work with him.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Runicen wrote:

He did say some things, but I think they were kind of taken out of context. He was just fed up with the satanic side of metal. I know Helloween was anything but satanic but he just became very religious and wanted to distance himself from that, which is why Chameleon was the way it was.

I'm glad he finally came back to the rock/metal sound because that fits his voice perfectly. His solo stuff really didn't work with him.

His Place Vendome stuff sure does. All three releases have been awesome.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Yea Place Vendome is good

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3