Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske

Go down 
+21
krokus
Spiner202
MetalGuy71
metalheaded
Andy
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
Speedmetalfreak
stpatrik
powermacho
Dellocatus
Eyesore
James B.
EmoElmo
mc666
Fat Freddy
kmorg
snooloui
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
exact33
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 am

Disregard. Comes out tomorrow, I guess. Are Fridays the new digital release day? Lame if there won't be a CD release.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 am

Looks like the CD release for the EP is February 14, while the digital version will be available tomorrow.

Samples: http://www.amazon.com/Ignition-Mini-Album/dp/B006VOPBJY

There are some limited edition 7" versions as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Looks like the CD release for the EP is February 14, while the digital version will be available tomorrow.

Samples: http://www.amazon.com/Ignition-Mini-Album/dp/B006VOPBJY

There are some limited edition 7" versions as well.

nice!!

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:50 am

CD buyers, the album is already out ... as far as personal impressions go and to those who are anticipating a HELLOWEEN nostalgia fanfare, nope nothing here..not even remotely close (except for the standout ballad 'No One Ever Sees me' w/c has that CHAMELEON character in it) , the sound is 100 percent PLACE VENDOME all throughout...while the overall songwriting seems strong, it's just too Happy for my liking, I would have loved it if Kiske and Hanssen threw a lil' bit of 'minor' mood and melancholia in there, but like what i have said, it's too happy

Good album (for those who are into happy Rock)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:28 pm

I love almost every project involving Dennis Ward (the first Sunstorm album being the only hiccup I can recall). Kiske has been phenominal in the Place Vendome albums, Gotthard has done great work in the albums I've heard, and Kai Hansen has done a great job with Gamma Ray. I think it's safe to say I will be getting material from this project.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Yea I got the EP a while ago. I wasn't so crazy about it at first but I did like it. I actually listened to it again the other day while I was at work with my headphones and It's growing on me. The actual album is suppose to be a little different anyway. I loved the Place Vendome albums so I'm sure this will be great if not better for my liking.

If this is as close as we can get to Kiske doing Hard Rock/Metal than thats fine by me. He just didn't fit in with his solo stuff at all, his voice just isn't meant for that.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 pm

The title track from the album blew me away. It's a re-used riff but it's very well done and the song is hooky as all hell. Great to see Kiske/Hansen collaborating again. The sound is very much what Helloween should have sounded like today.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea I got the EP a while ago. I wasn't so crazy about it at first but I did like it. I actually listened to it again the other day while I was at work with my headphones and It's growing on me. The actual album is suppose to be a little different anyway. I loved the Place Vendome albums so I'm sure this will be great if not better for my liking.

If this is as close as we can get to Kiske doing Hard Rock/Metal than thats fine by me. He just didn't fit in with his solo stuff at all, his voice just isn't meant for that.

Couldn't have agreed more.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Did they re-record "I Want Out" for this album? I could hear it playing in the background of that silly video link on pg 1 of this thread, and I could hear it well enough to tell that it's Kiske singing and it's not the original from Keeper II....
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Its a live version on the ep

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh, ok.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 pm

its really good though. I enjoyed the cd even though it is brief.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 am

Album info for those interested. May22nd release date in the US...

Quote :
The self-titled debut studio album from UNISONIC — the band featuring former HELLOWEEN vocalist Michael Kiske and guitarist Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY, ex-HELLOWEEN) alongside guitarist Mandy Meyer (ASIA, GOTTHARD and KROKUS), bassist Dennis Ward and drummer Kosta Zafiriou (both of Germany's PINK CREAM 69) — will be released in North America on May 22 via Eagle Rock imprint Armoury Records.

"Unisonic" was recorded at ICP Studios in Brussels, Belgium. The CD — which features 11 tracks, plus a bonus live version of HELLOWEEN classic "I Want Out", only available on the domestic edition, and cover art by Martin Häusler (MEAT LOAF, GOTTHARD, HELLOWEEN, MOTÖRHEAD) — marks the first full-length musical union between Kiske and Hansen in 23 years!

"Unisonic" track listing:

01. Unisonic
02. Souls Alive
03. Never Too Late
04. I've Tried
05. Star Rider
06. Never Change Me
07. Renegade
08. My Sanctuary
09. King For A Day
10. We Rise
11. No One Ever Sees Me
12. I Want Out (live)

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Album info for those interested. May22nd release date in the US...

Quote :
The self-titled debut studio album from UNISONIC — the band featuring former HELLOWEEN vocalist Michael Kiske and guitarist Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY, ex-HELLOWEEN) alongside guitarist Mandy Meyer (ASIA, GOTTHARD and KROKUS), bassist Dennis Ward and drummer Kosta Zafiriou (both of Germany's PINK CREAM 69) — will be released in North America on May 22 via Eagle Rock imprint Armoury Records.

"Unisonic" was recorded at ICP Studios in Brussels, Belgium. The CD — which features 11 tracks, plus a bonus live version of HELLOWEEN classic "I Want Out", only available on the domestic edition, and cover art by Martin Häusler (MEAT LOAF, GOTTHARD, HELLOWEEN, MOTÖRHEAD) — marks the first full-length musical union between Kiske and Hansen in 23 years!

"Unisonic" track listing:

01. Unisonic
02. Souls Alive
03. Never Too Late
04. I've Tried
05. Star Rider
06. Never Change Me
07. Renegade
08. My Sanctuary
09. King For A Day
10. We Rise
11. No One Ever Sees Me
12. I Want Out (live)

There's a Limited Edition release which includes the amazing ballad "Over The Rainbow"

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I am enjoying this band. Kiske sounds great!

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Well, I just realized this is a very good album after all
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:39 am

This is a VERY good album, and so far the best thing coming out this year.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:41 am

As soon as the month is over with, I will order a copy. I've put a spending hold on music for the rest of April.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:43 pm

To me it starts out hard and rockin but as it progresses it falls off quite abit for the talent in the band I was expecting more punch!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:18 am

Wargod wrote:
To me it starts out hard and rockin but as it progresses it falls off quite abit for the talent in the band I was expecting more punch!

Wargod
I think they didn't do the best job with staggering the hard rock songs and the more metal songs, but I do agree with you. Tracks 1-2, and 7-10 are very strong, but there are moments of brillance throughout the rest of the album.

Here's my review: http://skullfracturingmetal.blogspot.ca/2012/04/unisonic-unisonic.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Official Video:

The opening riff is almost identical to Judas Priest's "Steeler" from British Steel.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 am

Wargod wrote:

Wargod

Kiske doesnt like Metal anymore and has made that quite clear. Personally I think its for the best, his voice isnt aggressive enough for Metal. Plus, he was in his early twenties when he last sang in a Metal band (Helloween) - now he is in his mid 40's.

Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:43 am

S.D. wrote:
Official Video:

The opening riff is almost identical to Judas Priest's "Steeler" from British Steel.

Its the very same riff from the Gamma Ray song "Into the Storm" lifted of Land of the Free part II. Not really the first time Kai "borrowed" from Priest either.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

I bought the digipack version that comes with one more song. It took me a couple of plays before i really liked it. Its a good melodic hard rock&melodic metal album. Dont expect KEEPERS type of heavy metal or GAMMA RAY. Songs are good, with cool choruses and solos and Kiske voice sound great. A real buy or die album for melodic hard rock fans.
The only bad song is the last one, the only one written by MICHAEL KISKE. Its great that the rest of the songs are written by Denis from PINK CREAM 69 and KAI HANSEN if not it would be a smurf poo album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 pm

krokus wrote:
I bought the digipack version that comes with one more song. It took me a couple of plays before i really liked it. Its a good melodic hard rock&melodic metal album. Dont expect KEEPERS type of heavy metal or GAMMA RAY. Songs are good, with cool choruses and solos and Kiske voice sound great. A real buy or die album for melodic hard rock fans.
The only bad song is the last one, the only one written by MICHAEL KISKE. Its great that the rest of the songs are written by Denis from PINK CREAM 69 and KAI HANSEN if not it would be a smurf poo album.

i dig the melodic hard rock from them. I think it suits them fine.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske    Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unisonic EP & album due - Michael Kiske
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next