Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!

Go down 
+20
Metal Misfit
QuothTheRaven
assault_attack
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
tohostudios
HellRaiser
Mortuary
MetalRob331
DeathCult
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Hamer12
Wargod
KissinMaiden
the sentinel
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I haven't cared about Journey's music since I was in 8th grade, getting my first feel of over-the-bra boobie while "Open Arms" was playing on the stereo.

So it must be an important song for your sister as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I haven't cared about Journey's music since I was in 8th grade, getting my first feel of over-the-bra boobie while "Open Arms" was playing on the stereo.

How do you think she made all that money at summer camp?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:56 am

[quote="Eyesore"]
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
He gave the last Firehouse a 90-something...it was crap.
Prime Time? Dude, that album is excellent! At least I thought so.

Dude, that album sucks a$$ IMO. Like 3 good "Firehouse" songs, the rest was drivel...same w/ "O2"...

The last really good album they did was "Category 5"...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I
haven't cared about Journey's music since I was in 8th grade, getting
my first feel of over-the-bra boobie while "Open Arms" was playing on
the stereo.

How do you think she made all that money at summer camp?

I know I was saving up my nickles all winter long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:50 pm

[quote="Shawn Of Fire"]
Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
He gave the last Firehouse a 90-something...it was crap.
Prime Time? Dude, that album is excellent! At least I thought so.

Dude, that album sucks a$$ IMO. Like 3 good "Firehouse" songs, the rest was drivel...same w/ "O2"...

The last really good album they did was "Category 5"...
I liked O2 as well, except for "The Dark," or whatever the rap song about the computer age is called. Haha. What a terrible song.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Journey was THE BAND when I was in high school. I enjoyed Steve Perry's vocals, especially on the pre-Escape stuff when Greg Rolie was still their keyboardist. I think Jonathan Cain took them into the pop world more than Steve Perry did. I listened to the live album Captured almost constantly for a while in high school. I tell my students I learned to use my head voice (falsetto) singing along with Steve Perry and learned vibrato while singing along with Dennis DeYoung (Styx).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Man, this album sold just over 104,000 copies. That is ridiculous considering it's only available at three places, Walmart, Sam's Club, and the band's website. Pretty impressive stuff.

It makes you wonder whether or not it's the band and the music, or simply the power of Walmart.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm

You make it sound good enough, rednecks will buy anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 pm

According to Blabbermouth, AC/DC will be the next band to have their new album exclusively available via Wal-Mart.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
According to Blabbermouth, AC/DC will be the next band to have their new album exclusively available via Wal-Mart.
Seems like a smart move.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Seems like a smart move.

"For those about to shop... WE SALUTE YOUUUUU!" 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Seems like a smart move.

"For those about to shop... WE SALUTE YOUUUUU!" 🤘
lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Love the new album and IMO the new guy sonds so similar to Perry that at times it sounds as if he was still in the band. The re-recorded tracks are the only way I can hear any difference between Perry and the new guy and it is still hard to tell them apart.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:07 pm

I want to get this album. I'm not a huge Journey fan-- only own Departure, Arrival, Greatest Hits and Evolution-- but I'm liking what I hear and all the reviews I've seen have been good.

This album is still hanging in there on the Billboard charts too. Latest RS said it was #21, I think (I know they're a few weeks behind). Has this gone gold yet?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:14 pm

The first three Journey albums kick ass.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm

akeldama wrote:
The first three Journey albums kick ass.

Especially "Next" and "Look into the Future". Thanks, that was the original point of this thread!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 am

I HATE Journey, I tried to give them the benefit of maybe growing on me but they get on my nerves faster than any band ever. I even had front row center for one of their shows and and meet and greet passes for backstage afterwards and I still think they suck. Neal Schon is an arrogant jerk who is so full of himself, totally has little man's syndrome worse than anyone who walks. He wants to be classified as a heavy rocker so bad, but he will always be a wimpy, noodler that will be remembered as Steve Perry's guitar player. Sorry about the rant, I just don't like this band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:18 pm

I'm really late in posting on this, but I love Journey with Steve Perry (anything before him is extremely boring). They're a guilty pleasure for me. Saw them in concert and they kicked butt
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:57 pm

I finally broke down and bought the new one last night.

Pretty good stuff!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:59 am

Here is my missing post regarding Journey, Spec made a comment that echoes what looks like is happening to Journey's current frontman:

Two minutes before Journey kicked off their world tour in February, with new singer Arnel Pineda, the whole thing nearly fell apart. "I told them I wanted to back out," says the 41-year-old Filipino vocalist, whom the band discovered on YouTube. "[Journey guitarist] Neal Schon told me, 'It's too late now.' He pushed me a little and said, 'Go. Go sing for us.'" Pineda overcame his butterflies and took the stage in front of 20,000 fans in Chile, singing an hour of hits in a soaring voice incredibly similar to former Journey frontman Steve Perry. Since then, Pineda has played more than 63 concerts with Journey, including a current three-month trip through American amphitheaters, which has been averaging 13,000 people a night. The tour is the sixth-highest-grossing of the summer, and the band's performances are as high-energy as they were during Journey's heyday.

Unfortunately, Pineda isn't finding the tour nearly as fulfilling as his bandmates are. He misses his girlfriend and son, and the grueling pace is grinding him down. "It's very, very sad," he says. "There are days I just break down and cry. This is a job I'm doing for my family. That's all the consolation I'm getting." Traveling around America isn't what he expected. "It's all buses, stage, microphone," he says. "I never really get to go around and walk. They wake me up for soundcheck, then I wait until the show at nine. It's a fantastic job, but at the same time it's a curse. . . . I told Neal that the only thing that will make me quit this is if I get sick. I guess that's the same reason Steve Perry bailed out."

Just last summer, Pineda was fronting the Zoo, a band specializing in Eighties rock covers. YouTube clips of Pineda singing "Don't Stop Believin' " and "Faithfully" came to the attention of Schon, who had recently parted ways with Journey's fourth lead singer, Jeff Scott Soto. "I told him, 'You have to show your face so I can believe you,' " Pineda recalls of his first conversation with Schon. "I challenged him to talk to me on a Webcam."

Within weeks, Pineda took his first trip to the U.S. and auditioned for the band in San Francisco. A few days later, he was hired. "Mr. Neal Schon picked me up and told me, 'You got the job,' " Pineda says. "For a guy like me, it's surreal — like some sort of miracle." Quickly, the band cut two discs worth of material: one of new songs and another of rerecorded hits. "It was spooky, sitting behind the desk watching Arnel record these songs," says keyboardist Jonathan Cain. "It was like going back in a time machine." Since coming out in June, the album has sold 441,000 copies; it's the band's biggest hit since Perry left the group.

This all comes at a time when Journey's work has re-entered the pop-culture landscape in surprising ways: Their 1981 smash "Don't Stop Believin' " has made memorable appearances on The Sopranos and Laguna Beach, and Kanye West performed it nightly on his 2008 tour. "When you work at something long enough, things just sort of turn around," Schon says. "I'm ear-to-ear smile every night." But is he worried about his frontman? "He's missing his family, missing his homeland, you know?" says Schon. "But he's having a lot of fun, too."

[From Issue 1062 — October 2, 2008]
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Apparently there are no other Journey fans. Sad

I like the first three albums a lot, afterthat they're a total waste IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:38 am

My favorite music magazine is Classic Rock from the U.K. and every month they have a buyer's guide for an artist or genre here is the link for the Journey guide:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=journey_buyer_s_guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5