Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!

Go down 
+20
Metal Misfit
QuothTheRaven
assault_attack
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
tohostudios
HellRaiser
Mortuary
MetalRob331
DeathCult
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Hamer12
Wargod
KissinMaiden
the sentinel
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Empty
PostSubject: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Not even close. As much as I dislike Journey, I hate Reo Sneezewagon even more. However I do really like 70's era Journey (s/t, Look Into the Future, & Next...progressive hard rock, nothing radio friendly at all). I'm told that I might like the first two Sneezewagon albums (from 1971-72). I'm sure it's nothing as good as early Journey, but maybe some nice boogie rock? Anybody heard those (s/t & Two)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 pm

It's not about KISS? I'm not going to answer. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 pm

I hear that KISS next album is going in a more pop-friendly direction, and they have added some new members....

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! 149775RXaV_w
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Wow! They Rock! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:01 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Not even close. As much as I dislike Journey, I hate Reo Sneezewagon even more. However I do really like 70's era Journey (s/t, Look Into the Future, & Next...progressive hard rock, nothing radio friendly at all). I'm told that I might like the first two Sneezewagon albums (from 1971-72). I'm sure it's nothing as good as early Journey, but maybe some nice boogie rock? Anybody heard those (s/t & Two)?

I dig Journey's pre-Steve Perry Journey. They were a real rock band then, long before pop success went to their heads.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:54 am

Apparently there are no other Journey fans. Sad

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:52 am

Anyway You Want It is a Pop song no? I know some song of the band but I can't tell you what is the name of the singer.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I hear that KISS next album is going in a more pop-friendly direction, and they have added some new members....

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! 149775RXaV_w

I just threw up a little in my mouth...make that alot... sicksicksick sick
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:41 pm

i only know that song "Don't stop believin"

please don't stone me
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 9:44 am

Quote :
I'm told that I might like the first two Sneezewagon albums (from 1971-72).

Actually those first 2 are great as hell nothing like their later albums, anything after Ridin The Storm Out blow IMO!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks Wargod. That's exactly what I was wanting to hear! I had a gift certificate, so I ended up paying .47 cents for the first two REO cd's (2 on 1). I was really afraid I'd wasted my money. HA! I'm actually looking forward to hearing them now.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:41 pm

Actually REO II is great especially "Golden Country"!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:14 am

I've listened to it now and I actually remember that song; from their first live album I guess. The first album is decent boogie rock, without Kevin Cronin, which is ok by me.
Neither is as good as the early Journeys IMO; which is kinda like Yesterday & Today (70's Y&T) crossed with...I dunno, some heavyish prog band like Eloy or something. My own little secret I guess!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Our singer looks EXACTALY like Steve Perry. I think we got a few gigs because folks thought he was Steve Perry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:36 am

So Journey announced their new singer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Fl-Ng7dvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IrGxqLRg2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zIE1N_Prg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PGQPjIDEA

As much as I think Soto worked with the band, I understand why they'd go with someone like this. If Distant Thunder has to tour as Helstar in order to get club dates and fans out to the show, Journey with a Steve Perry clone is a no-brainer. Hopefully they don't screw him over like they did Soto, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:38 am

And to add, I really dig Journey. I have nothing on CD, though, but I've always meant to upgrade my tapes. I haven't heard the latter albums, but some of them sound pretty good. I think some lala/SwapaCD transactions are in order.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:25 am

I really like Journey (and REO Speedwagon), no full length albums but I do have Best of Journey (and REO Speedwagon-The Ballads). As stated previously, I grew up on pop music in the 80s and still love it til this day and Journey was some of the best. As a matter of fact, about the only thing from the 80s I didn't like was the New Wave stuff (B52s, Devo, Flock Of Seagulls, Culture Club, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:31 am

This new Journey singer's story sounds like the Ripper Owens saga all over again. Maybe they'll turn it into a movie called "AOR Star" Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Oh, Journey is an excellent band. Steve Perry is an awesome singer. "Don't Stop Believin'" is the best thing they ever did.

REO Speedwagon makes me wanna puke. That singer just bugs me. They're like an awful cross between Aerosmith, Cetera-era Chicago, and the sound a trash compacter makes when you throw something large inside it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This new Journey singer's story sounds like the Ripper Owens saga all over again. Maybe they'll turn it into a movie called "AOR Star" Smile
Haven't they already had one Steve Perry clone? I forget his name.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, he looked like Steve Perry, but with curly hair. Steve Augiarie or Augiedoggie, something like that. He worked at the Gap during the day and was in a Journey tribute band by night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Yea, he looked like Steve Perry, but with curly hair. Steve Augiarie or Augiedoggie, something like that. He worked at the Gap during the day and was in a Journey tribute band by night.
How did that end? I honestly haven't paid much attention to this band for a while now. They still have cool album covers, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
How did that end? I honestly haven't paid much attention to this band for a while now. They still have cool album covers, though.

I believe it was medical/health issues that caused him to leave, although I don't know specifically what issues were plaguing him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:05 pm

The previous guy (Steve Augeri) left due to undisclosed "medical issues." Jeff Scott Soto filled in for him on some tour dates over the summer and then got the boot, for similarly undisclosed reasons. Thus, Neal Schon was reduced to trolling YouTube looking for a new singer, and the legend begins anew.

Slightly off topic but whenever I think about Journey, I picture Rodney Dangerfield rockin' out to "Any Way You Want It" blasting from his golf bag stereo system in "Caddyshack." Wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:53 pm

I love Schon's quote about the new guy:

Arnel doesn't sound synthetic and he's not emulating anyone.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!   Not about Kiss...JOURNEY! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not about Kiss...JOURNEY!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next