Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth

Go down 
+61
Orion Crystal Ice
ZetaReticuli
journeyman
BillRoxx
Speedmetalfreak
criss3o
akeldama
lynch
arttieTHE1manparty
Dellocatus
DevZor
Vexer6
ultmetal
stpatrik
JaguarBlaze
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
Nico
Shiney
Wayne
sheets
Joe
EmoElmo
Addy
iamrockerfun
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
chewie
snooloui
TheDoctor'sScarf
adrian
krokus
DeathCult
Chairman_Smith
metalinmyveins
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Ben Grimm
mlotek
jstate
XYZ
MEGATRON
JBall_Z
Andy
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
James B.
exact33
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
manny
Shawn Of Fire
tohostudios
Alex Dee Rokket
Troublezone
Eyesore
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I'm sorry I have a tendency to write a lot, I will try to keep my posts shorter.

I like your well thought out posts Alex.

Screw Eyesore; he can stick to these : Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 11840
lol!

I was joking. Haha. But there seems to have been a definite shift in the length of your posts at some point, hence the joke. =)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:09 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
The short clip sounds good! Can't really hear the bass guitar though...
Um...what? It dominates the mix!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
The short clip sounds good! Can't really hear the bass guitar though...
Um...what? It dominates the mix!

Oh. Maybe it's my shitty speakers then
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I'm sorry I have a tendency to write a lot, I will try to keep my posts shorter.

Screw Eyesore; he can stick to these : Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 11840
lol!

I was joking. Haha. But there seems to have been a definite shift in the length of your posts at some point, hence the joke. =)

All good. I think it's because I have had more spare time now with the holidays to be on here to comment and speak my mind. Normally, when I am working I have very little time after work to dedicate to the forums or writing anything. I will maybe read a few threads and comment once or twice a week; depending on how tired I am after work, on some weeks you barely hear from me at all.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

lol!

but thats more for the Search function to pick up Very Happy

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm

you know how the saying goes....."those with long posts on message boards are compensating for something else"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:36 am

I'm gonna try to catch their show when it comes to town. It may be my only chance to see them. (with DLR)

If they get really mad at Roth again, they'll suddenly forgive Sammy and let him back in the band. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:45 am

Anyone have a idea of what the tickets will cost?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 am

Wait, Van Halen is putting out a new album?

just kidding
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:28 am

By the way, "Bullethead" isn't new either.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:46 am

I have a bootleg of demos of Van Halen with tons of songs that would end up on their future albums, I was surprised how long 'House of Pain' had been around before they actually included it on an album.

It seems Eddie Van Halen has tons of cassettes with riffs, song sketches etc, then has David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar flesh them out and turn them into songs.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:40 pm

VH with DLR is one of the few bands where I'm more excited for them digging into the archives for material rather than coming up with new. I'm really liking that sample.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone have a idea of what the tickets will cost?

Tickets go on sale this Saturday (01.14) for the Philly show. I should know by Thursday or Friday though.

exact33 wrote:
Dave still sounds decent...

I was surprised how well he sounded on the last go-round. Dave's voice was the weak-link on his own solo albums in the last few years and live. He got it together for that last VH tour.

The one thing he needs to do is tone down all the sexual inuendo in his stage raps. He's getting too old for that now. It was funny/cool when he was a young rock star. Now he comes off like a creepy old uncle that makes rude jokes at Thanksgiving dinner and makes everyone uncomfortable.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:31 am

manny wrote:
It seems Eddie Van Halen has tons of cassettes with riffs, song sketches etc, then has David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar flesh them out and turn them into songs.

It's always been that way...EVH doesn't write for a specific album...he writes all the time for whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 pm

"Tattoo" isn't a new track either, it was performed during their 1978 tour as "Down In Flames".

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
"Tattoo" isn't a new track either, it was performed during their 1978 tour as "Down In Flames".
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Having never seen Van Halen with David Lee Roth,I'd love to see this tour. But Kool & the Gang ?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm

007 wrote:
Having never seen Van Halen with David Lee Roth,I'd love to see this tour. But Kool & the Gang ?

Historically, EVH doesn't care or pay attention to any music other than his own. If you believe interviews, he hasn't intentionally listened to or even heard any music past 1978...he just doesn't care. He probably could not care less who opens for them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
007 wrote:

Historically, EVH doesn't care or pay attention to any music other than his own. If you believe interviews, he hasn't intentionally listened to or even heard any music past 1978...he just doesn't care. He probably could not care less who opens for them.

Regardless,that's a very bizarre choice. They actually announced this on the news the other night and the newscasters joked about the 2 acts touring together.Tickets go on sale here soon but I can't remember off the top of my head when.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Kool & The Gang isn't that odd of a choice, if they play their 70's material on the tour it could be a lot of fun. They were badass before going the pop route in the 80's. Funk and Van Halen isn't that bad of a combination.

It would be too easy for them to take one of these newer "retro bands" on tour with them, too calculated. I feel that Van Halen has always looked for different style groups to open for them, no direct competition that way.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm

I was just looking up Kool & the Gang and was surprised at how many songs I knew by them. So it might not be too bad seeing them. I'm sure it'd be a good show.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 am

I already heard from radio dj's and longtime VH fans they will not be going.
They think the tickets will get even more expensive now, especially for a non-hard rock band they do not want to see opening.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:00 am

It kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 am

S.D. wrote:

Here ya go folks...

Sounds like a little of "You're No Good" and "Tattoo". Probably a few other ideas thrown in there too.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 am

Loved it, watched the video on Facebook this morning, I do miss those trademark Michael Anthony backround vocals but otherwise very cool, and DLR is the man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth   Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next