Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"

Go down 
+6
GrandNational
exact33
metalhead777
Eyesore
mc666
Ben Grimm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Rottweiler Records wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
How do the drums hold up without Lance in the band? Rocky is much better at guitar than drums IMO.

Rocky is no slouched on drums. Drums are his main instrument, not guitar. According to Lance (he told me this face to face), Rocky is the better drummer.

He was being modest... I know Lance is better. But Rocky is pretty good on guitar.

Yeah, I thought so, too. But the demos are pretty incredible!

I'm sure Rocky is good on the drums, but Lance Garvin kicks ass.
(I rank him slightly below Jayson Sherlock)

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Lurideath wrote:
A label that uses something like kickstarter is not a real label either!

Yeah, maybe we should get corporate sponsorship like a major. Would that make us legit? Pfft!

I explained why and how we are doing what we are doing. I'm not going to apologize or back down from doing what I know is right and building community around Rottweiler Records. You are certainly welcome to your opinion, regardless of how misguided it is. Dude, you don't even know me, yet you are trying to assess my business practices.

I dunno, I'm starting to smell TROLL. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

I've been on this forum for a long time. Troll? Absolutely not!

I am not trying to assess your label, I AM assessing it. So you keep doing what you are doing. I wont buy smurf poo from your "label" anyways.

Good luck with your xtian album sales that won't sell more than 100 copies of anything anyways.

And yes that Soul Embraced BLOWS!!!!!!!

Now go ahead and ban me if needed. I will not back down!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Shannon, is it? I checked out your band.

You were being a turd, so I wanted to dislike it. Honestly, you guys are good. Reminds me of the stuff I listened to when I was in high school.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes I am being a turd on purpose! hahaha

I am just rocking your boat man. You took my criticism. You can take anything. You are a stand up guy! Just nix what I said because I am just pulling strings.

Honestly though I don't like Soul Embraced. Not into "core" bands at all. But I do wish you luck.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Quote :
Good luck with your xtian album sales that won't sell more than 100 copies of anything anyways.

I guarantee it will sell more than that... To be fair, no independent record labels sell much these days. Secular or Christian.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I am just rocking your boat man. You took my criticism. You can take anything. You are a stand up guy! Just nix what I said because I am just pulling strings.

Honestly though I don't like Soul Embraced. Not into "core" bands at all. But I do wish you luck.

Ok, now you've done it!!

YOU MADE ME LIKE YOU!

The new Soul Embraced is pretty much death metal, not "core" at all. For anyone keeping tabs, they sold 10,000 units of the last cd.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Lurid, turnabout is fair play, so if you wanna check my band, I'm the singer for Grave Robber. If you don't like Misfits-esque punk rock and Alice Cooper, you won't like us.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Quote :
The new Soul Embraced is pretty much death metal, not "core" at all. For anyone keeping tabs, they sold 10,000 units of the last cd.

Yeah, but they were on a pretty well known Christian label for that one (solid state). How's your label's distribution and promotions?
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Rocky told me Solid State didn't promote squat for them and they still did great. I can imagine we'll move 2,500 - 5,000. I know that's a huge range, but with the current market it's tough to tell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Rocky told me Solid State didn't promote squat for them and they still did great. I can imagine we'll move 2,500 - 5,000. I know that's a huge range, but with the current market it's tough to tell.

If you can get a page in a mag like Decibel or Revolver, you may increase your chances of getting their name out... but I think most of the albums will be sold to already existing SE fans. (high school kids)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
I hope this clears up any misinformation regarding my label and clears up any misguidance concerning Kickstarter. It's just a great way for the fans to be involved in the process and get some cool extras for being involved!

BULL SHITTT!!!!
Now that's nonsense.

I have participated in numerous Kickstarter campaigns. For instance, I pledged money for the new Ginger triple album. Fans pledged money to essentially fund the recording of the three albums. For your money, you get the three albums plus other perks, like a DVD, a signed lithograph, etc.

That's essentially the same thing going on with this Soul Embraced album, only without a label. My initial comment here was because it was a label. The way I read it was that the fans had to fund the whole thing, which seemed ridiculous since the purpose of a label is to fund album recordings, promotion, etc.

But if the album is going to made regardless, I'm cool with it.

I'll tell you, though, these campaigns are going to make bands greedy. Even the Ginger one pissed me off. Dude hit his goal in SIX HOURS! So what happened? Well, he extended it. Sure, it was kind of an exclusive pre-order thing (the triple album will supposedly never be made available to the public), so allowing more people to pledge made sense, but still...they're up to like 400% now.

One Minute Silence did the same thing. Fund our recording and you'll get the album "for free." They hit 100%, and guess what? To "ideally" reach their goals, they need 140%. Really? They didn't know this beforehand? Come on!

It's greed. They see money rolling in and they want more. That's my biggest issue with these things.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Pussy.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
I hope this clears up any misinformation regarding my label and clears up any misguidance concerning Kickstarter. It's just a great way for the fans to be involved in the process and get some cool extras for being involved!

BULL SHITTT!!!!
Now that's nonsense.

I have participated in numerous Kickstarter campaigns. For instance, I pledged money for the new Ginger triple album. Fans pledged money to essentially fund the recording of the three albums. For your money, you get the three albums plus other perks, like a DVD, a signed lithograph, etc.

That's essentially the same thing going on with this Soul Embraced album, only without a label. My initial comment here was because it was a label. The way I read it was that the fans had to fund the whole thing, which seemed ridiculous since the purpose of a label is to fund album recordings, promotion, etc.

But if the album is going to made regardless, I'm cool with it.

I'll tell you, though, these campaigns are going to make bands greedy. Even the Ginger one pissed me off. Dude hit his goal in SIX HOURS! So what happened? Well, he extended it. Sure, it was kind of an exclusive pre-order thing (the triple album will supposedly never be made available to the public), so allowing more people to pledge made sense, but still...they're up to like 400% now.

One Minute Silence did the same thing. Fund our recording and you'll get the album "for free." They hit 100%, and guess what? To "ideally" reach their goals, they need 140%. Really? They didn't know this beforehand? Come on!

It's greed. They see money rolling in and they want more. That's my biggest issue with these things.

Yeah, like I said we are doing this,with or with out Kickstarter. The purpose is to get folks involved and make them a PART OF IT.

I can't speak on other's greed, but I do know that once you set the amount and length of the campaign, Kickstarter doesn't allow the option to change or extend. Now, if a goal is reached, Kickstarter keeps the campaign rolling until the date is up, so if other people want to be involved, they can be.

The days of record labels operating the way they did in the 80's and 90's are over.

You either embrace the new social media method and digital age or you let it squash and eat ya!! Me, I'm all for social interaction and offering folks some pretty serious bang for their buck!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 pm

I said long ago that bands should basically hold albums hostage. Due to all the downloading, hold an album until it reaches a minimum amount of pre-orders, you know. So these pledge campaigns aren't really too different in that regard.

The other big one is PledgeMusic, which is what Ginger and One Minute Silence are using.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Are you from Arkansas? If so, are you familiar with a lot of the mid-90s bands from around those parts?
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I've been on this forum for a long time. Troll? Absolutely not!

I am not trying to assess your label, I AM assessing it. So you keep doing what you are doing. I wont buy smurf poo from your "label" anyways.

And yes that Soul Embraced BLOWS!!!!!!!

Now go ahead and ban me if needed. I will not back down!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN OPINION. I DEMAND YOU CONFORM TO MY LIKING angry
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Are you from Arkansas? If so, are you familiar with a lot of the mid-90s bands from around those parts?

No sir, but I'm willing to be educated!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Sorry, don't like Grave Robber. Not a fan of Alice Cooper at all. Misfits are ok, but I don't hear either of those bands in the music.

Not knocking it, just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 pm

You seriously don't hear Misfits in Grave Robber???
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm the singer for Grave Robber

I didn't realize that was you. Cool band!

And by the way,thanks for dropping by and clearing things up for us.I appreciate guys like you who are doing it for the love of music.Good Luck with your label bro.

Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanx, bro. I realize what we do isn't for everyone, especially on a metal board, but we are metal guys as well as punk!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:34 am

As far as Grave Robber sounding like the Misfits... I definitely hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"   Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced Kickstarter "Mythos"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2