Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grammy OUTRAGE!

Go down 
+15
mc666
nevermore
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
sheets
ultmetal
Required Fields
exact33
jstate
The_Jayroh
James B.
EmoElmo
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm not outraged at all. The Grammy's mean absolutely nothing to me. It's insulting enough to me that our music is even recognized at all by this organization. The beauty of the metal community is that it has never given a Smurf about who wins what awards. The fans know and love a great band/album when they hear it. I don't need a group of industry aristocrats telling me what's good and what's not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Well, let me state the obvious here, the problem I have with the grammies is that it recognizes artists based on sale statistics of their latest albums. However, that is not the only issue - recognition is also very biased and it is often based on the level of a buzz created by a band. All in all, industry recognition is not based on the quality of the band or quality of their latest album - I think if anyone is to judge it is the fans rather than people who have no interest in the band.

In a sense, recognition of good music is a very subjective exercise anyway. So it doesn't really matter that the "industry" says something is good. Equally it doesn't matter if a million people like an album if I don't - that's why I don't think the grammies are in any way relevant.

If any, the only relevance is promotional. It is but another way to get a band's name to a larger audience. However, even on that level the only names being promoted are those like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga (and the like). Bands like Megadeth or any of the other metal acts nominated are never shown on tv or in the papers anyway. The general public doesn't care about those bands - the general public doesn't care about music to begin with... all they really care about is the size of someone's tits, the latest scandals and gossip. Music is secondary for the type of audience that watches the Grammies.

These are imo the reasons why an award show like the Grammies means nothing.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:45 pm

you've got over three paragraphs there, so it must mean something to you.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 pm

mc666 wrote:

No - I just write alot lol you should be used that by now
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
mc666 wrote:

No - I just write alot lol you should be used that by now
lol, yeah. i just mean that like the RnR HoF, the Grammies seem to inspire a lot of passionate feelings for different reasons. some consider it prestigious, while others discount it all together. some others get mad because bands they like or certain genres aren't recognized.

i just like to see what meat Gaga will be wearing.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 pm

I think if I were Dave Mustaine, being nominated for a grammy may mean something. Even if on a personal level - it would perhaps give me the sort of recognition that subconsciously I think I should deserve ... maybe it would be all motivated by pushing album sales ...

I am sure for the artists nominated, it is an exciting thing as any positive recognition / contribution normally is.

We sometimes tend to forget that the artists we like are not the same as their fans. Not to say that these bands are not humble or that they are cocky, but more in terms that a Megadeth fan is likely to love thrash metal and be all into metal and probably goes on at length about why and how much they love metal ... but that is quite apart from the way say Mustaine is or anyone in Megadeth is...

It doesn't necessarily follow that because Megadeth are generally regarded as one of the forefathers of thrash metal, that they adhere to a particular lifestyle or worship of the genre. I think in their case, you'll find that their interests in music are more eclectic and in some respects even more conservative than those of a fan of the band.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

The grammy's, the oscars, the RNR Hall of Fame or other awards mean zilch to me. I dont really care who got it or not.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grammy OUTRAGE!   Grammy OUTRAGE! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grammy OUTRAGE!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2