Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig Legacy Tour

Go down 
+7
arachnoplasma
Troublezone
mc666
DeathCult
Witchfinder
manny
A Handful of Wayne
11 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Anyone hear about this? My friend called me up really excited to see this so we got tickets for the NYC show Oct. 29th.

"Danzig Legacy shows entail Glenn Danzig reuniting with SAMHAIN members, as well as Doyle from THE MISFITS, in addition to a Danzig headlining set."

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Not heard of this tour but it sounds interesting as hell
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 pm

If he gets Chuck Biscuits, John Christ and Eerie Von back then I am in.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

You will have extra beans your pocket this year, does not seem like those guys are involved in this tour.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:12 pm

t'd be cool to see the Samhain material done live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:31 pm

i've been a fan of the guy & his projects since the day before forever, so it sounds good to me.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Never got to see the classic Danzig lineup, so I would be interested if he could get those guys back in the band for another album or tour.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:56 am

There's supposed to be a TV special in the works, too.

Knowing Glenn, the chances of an Eerie Christ Biscuits (by Hungry Man!) reunion are pretty much nil. Never understood why John Christ wasn't snatched up by another band after Danzig. Great guitarist.

I was (am) a huge Misfits / Samhain / Danzig (first four albums) fan. Haven't been into his new stuff nearly as much. He's already done the Samhain reunion tour plus Samhain / Misfits sets during his shows for the past couple of tours. I'll check this one out when it hits YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 am

Quote :
Never understood why John Christ wasn't snatched up by another band after Danzig. Great guitarist.

I agree. I guess he just did that one solo album and disappeared...
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Never understood why John Christ wasn't snatched up by another band after Danzig. Great guitarist.

I agree. I guess he just did that one solo album and disappeared...

I read on another forum that he injured his arm in a motorcycle accident sometime after his solo album and underwent a lengthy recovery. He started making club appearances again around last year. Mostly plays cover songs. So, maybe we'll hear more from him eventually. He has a Facebook page (I can't post the link, but just search for "John Christ" on Facebook).
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 am

Also, Eerie Von has put out quite a few solo albums post-Danzig and sells his original artwork on eBay. His last album, Kinda Country, was a pretty fun record, if you like old country music.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 am

John Christ does soundtrack music for various film and tv projects as a session musician.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26450

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:32 pm

I haven't heard anything about this tour but it sure sounds like an awesome show to me!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

Witchfinder wrote:

That would be the only line-up of interest to me anymore these days. After they left, it just didn't seem like a band to me anymore, it was the Glenn Danzig show. And go ahead, anyone that wants to comment, "Well, Danzig was always the main guy, blah, blah, blah." Whatever. I liked them when it was a band effort. Noone's changing my opinion on that.

Did we ever get confirmation that Chuck Biscuits was still alive? Remember the internet rumor of his passing a year or 2 ago?

Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Did we ever get confirmation that Chuck Biscuits was still alive? Remember the internet rumor of his passing a year or 2 ago?

Chuck's alive and well. The whole rumor was started by an imposter claiming to be Biscuits during online correspondence. Messed up!

From About.com:

Chuck's "death" was reported by blogger James Greene Jr., who wrote that he had spent the past six months chatting via e-mail with Biscuits and his wife, and posted the first report on his site. After Greene first posted the story, many other news outlets (us included) ran with it.

I first heard the story from NPR, who I took to be a credible source. I think that's the nature of these things; it only takes on seriously credible source to report on something like this, and then another outlet to take them at their word, and it snowballs from there.

Greene posted in his retraction piece, (located here):

When I received the e-mail about Chuck's passing, it hit me in the gut. I was reeling. I decided to write a succinct but heartfelt blog announcing the news Tuesday and that would be the end of it. The news would get around and the world could mourn the loss of the best hard rock drummer of the 1980s. That this could all be some insane prank was the furthest thing from my mind.

It's a tough call as to who was the bigger victim in this story, Biscuits, who has to tell everyone that he's still alive, or Greene, who has invested time and energy in correspondence with a Chuck Biscuits imposter, and has taken a hit right in his credibility. He spent several moths thinking he was conversing with a musical hero of his, and he has dealt with the weight of hearing of his death, and then the sheer shattering of confidence to know that he's been the victim of an elaborate, six-month long ruse.

And therein lies the true sickness in this story. It's not an amazing musician with cancer; it's a guy who pretends to be a legendary musician with cancer, who gets off on pulling a prank that upset so many music fans. As Greene stated regarding his interaction with the hoaxster, "Who would pretend to be a dying hard rock drummer for a half a year?" Someone with serious problems. That's the unfortunate answer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

there is a better chance of Jerry Only hiring John, Chuck, & Eerie for his Jerry Only band (aka nu-Misfits) than there is of them rejoining Danzig, imo.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Saw the show last night. I've never seen Danzig before and my friend who came last night he has. He saw Danzig a few months ago and he said they were so strict on cameras it was rediculous. Same went for last nights show and I'm guessing any Danzig show. Of course last night was raining/snowing people had umbrellas and they were even giving people problems about that. My gf came and she had hers luckily it was small enough for me to fit in my pants. I knew I liked cargo pants for a reason haha. Of course they gave me a problem about that too but I ended up being let in anyway. This just adds up to many reasons why I really don't like going to concerts. I feel like sometimes you practically have to go naked or else they won't let you in.

The opening bad was horrible. I think they were called IKILLYA. Just horrible. Then C.O.C came on. Now I know this wasn't going to be the Pepper Keenan COC that I'm more familiar with but I was excited to see them. As soon as they started I knew I wasn't going to like their set. They didn't play bad but they weren't perfect. At one point the drummer dropped his stick in the beginning of a song and they had to stop and start over. it was pretty funny. They seemed more like a new band just starting out it was kind of weird. Some songs they played were good though.

Finally Danzig came on. The band played great. The songs were a little faster but they were played really well. Danzig does this really annoying thing with the microphone though. He'll sing maybe a line and then right before he finishes the last word he pulls the mic away. He did it all the time and it kind of drove me nuts. He did it way too often even when he did his oooooooooohs.

After the Danzig set he went to Samhain. I really have to brush up on my Samhain. I have all the cds but I remember not really liking it as much as I like his solo stuff or the Misfits but they played some pretty good songs so I have to revist those albums. I'm really horrible with peoples names but 2 older members from Samhain came on stage to play bass and drums and even switched instruments at one point.

Finally the Misfits set. The crowd was really into that one. Doyle came on stage. He changed his guitar for every song. I wouldn't have thought punk songs really had much too them to have to change your guitar every 2 minutes. Either way their set was really cool and fun. I thought Danzig would have did the Devil Lock thing with his hair but I believe he's getting a little too bald haha.

After the Misfits set they finished with 2 more Danzig songs and finally a Misfits song.

Despite the crappy weather, and A really annoying neck pain that I've had for 2 days now the show was pretty cool. I don't think I would go see him again though. Some bands I only need to see once and I'm fine with it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:47 am

I haven't seen or really been interested in Danzig for years now, but that sounded like a pretty good show to see.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 am

I haven't really been big on his solo stuff but since I really started to get into the Misfits last year I've been listening to it a lot.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:46 am

Glad you had a cool time despite the hassles, PRD. I had wondered if this show was even going to take place, what with the terrible weather.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:54 am

yea Manhattan wasn't as bad as they were making it out to be. It didn't really stick to anything until I got closer to home in Nassau County but about time I got to Suffolk there wasn't really anything sticking just snowy. Weird day.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

glad u went to see it. i tried but it got soldut
. a friend went the day.of the show and got one on the streets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danzig Legacy Tour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig Legacy Tour   Danzig Legacy Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danzig Legacy Tour
Page 1 of 1