Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)

Go down 
+12
BearOnUnicycle
stormspell
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
Ostap JG
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
exact33
tohostudios
Eyesore
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Empty
PostSubject: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 am

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t16985-john-galt-glam-hard-rock-band-from-ukraine

Few of us head down that way, so I thought I'd post it here. I downloaded this a bit ago, just gave it a listen, and it kicks ass! Seriously good stuff!

Many of you—toho, Shiney, exact—will dig it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 am

It's OK. My main criticisms: 1) the lead vocals get annoying to me and 2) there's not enough melody. Still, not bad for a debut EP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Man, I really dig it. Vocals didn't bug me at all, and though there's not a lot of harmony, I thought the tunes were catchy. If that makes sense.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I am enjoying this. Wish I could get a hardcopy..

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah I actually would probably buy a hard copy if it was reasonably priced because I can hear the potential in this band.

Also, I think the band name hurts their potential. It sounds like it's some solo artist unless you're familiar with Ayn Rand.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Very strange name for a sleaze band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Very strange name for a sleaze band.
Well, they are from the Ukraine. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 am

Quote :
Also, I think the band name hurts their potential. It sounds like it's some solo artist unless you're familiar with Ayn Rand.

Could hurt 'em too if you're not an Ayn Rand fan. From what I've gathered, people tend to either love or hate her, no real middle ground there.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:53 am

Regardless of whether you love her or hate her, this character has nothing in common with a sleaze band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:57 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Regardless of whether you love her or hate her, this character has nothing in common with a sleaze band.

Right. Which makes it even more bizzare. Like naming your prog band Joseph Magazine.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 am

This sounds interesting, not to mention I've been looking for good Ukrainian bands (is that weird? haha). Can't seem to find the download anywhere though
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 am

Schbopo wrote:
This sounds interesting, not to mention I've been looking for good Ukrainian bands (is that weird? haha). Can't seem to find the download anywhere though
http://www.johngaltrocks.com/
Back to top Go down
Ostap JG
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Hey guys! It's lead singer, Ostap here Wink

As for the name - we like "Atlas" really, because same stuff now happens in Ukraine. You guys can't even imagine how's everything fuckeded up.

Ok, Smurf the sad things. The main reason for the name is that we wanna become some kind of Atlases of rock nowadays. LOL

Seems funny, but it is what is =))))

Last edited by Ostap JG on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://johngaltrocks.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Ostap JG wrote:

As for the name - we like "Atlas" really, because same smurf poo happens in Ukraine. You guys can't even imagine how's everything smurfed up.

Ok, Smurf the sad things. The main reason for the name is that we wanna become some kind of Atlases of rock nowadays. LOL

LOL! I love the cuss filter here! Smurf it up!!!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ostap JG wrote:

As for the name - we like "Atlas" really, because same smurf poo happens in Ukraine. You guys can't even imagine how's everything smurfed up.

I'm laughing loud smurf poo Smurf bitch Sailboat
Back to top Go down
Ostap JG
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:46 pm

You guys ROCK Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:48 pm

"sailboat"???

What the heck is that the filter for?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Ostap JG wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Ostap JG wrote:

ANd he got "bitch" in there. I thought that was "smurf for hire"?
I'm laughing loud smurf poo Smurf bitch Sailboat

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 pm

I just checked your filter lol
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"sailboat"???

c*nt, I think

And also I'm actually really digging this album. I'm willing to overlook the Ayn Rand crap and say that the music is damn good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
"sailboat"???

c*nt, I think

And also I'm actually really digging this album. I'm willing to overlook the Ayn Rand crap and say that the music is damn good.

Yeah, on a second spin, I may have rushed to judgment on this band. Definitely would like to hear more.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Ok, back to some serious things...

As for hard copy - we're working on that. It'll be a digipack with some odd photos lol and will cost ~$3-4 in Ukraine.

The whole thing is totally DIY, so if you really want to have them - we'll definitely send em to states
Back to top Go down
Ostap JG
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Sorry for misprints and stupidity - I'm a little drunk lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Stupidity is always welcome here. John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) 778825

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Hell yeah!

Gotta go to my girlfriend, dudes. She's not drinking and angry on me lol

If you have any questions to the band - go ahead, I'll answer them in the morning (it's 1 A.M. here)

Cheerz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)   John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Galt (Sleaze from the Ukraine)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: