Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Empty
PostSubject: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Ever heard of the Substitutes and their great little gem of a record The Exploding Plastic Inevitable (2005).

One of the finest sleazy hard rock records i've heard in recent, total LA smut rock in the vein of "Mr. Brownstone" and "It's So Easy", celebrating the whole el lay "West Is The Best" rock myth from the Jim Morrison to Axl Rose. The menacing low register vocals are favored over the more usual screechy vocals accustomed to this music. Snaky funky grooves drawing from the golden age of early 70's Psychedelic Soul/Funk, lots of raunchy wah wah guitars.

Probably the closest anyone's ever come to Appetite For Destruction in vibe. Which is most important than the countless imitators since. Singer Britt used to be in one of the most underrated LA rock bands Blackboard Jungle. Anyway do away with your Buckcherry records and get and it from your usual online cd joints...........
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:26 pm

Got a link?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Their site's been shut down and no myspace, i think there may be some samples over at CD BABY..........

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/substitutes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Reminds me of The Cult.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah a bit in the vocals.

I found one of my fave songs on the record, sh*t video but the song is amazing.........

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 pm

This is just a bit too "garage-y" for me. Just too "sloppy" or something.

Reminds me of a sleaze version of Monster Magnet too.

Keep 'em comin' though; I'm always willing to give stuff like this a shot.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This is just a bit too "garage-y" for me. Just too "sloppy" or something.

That's what this post-Guns N' Roses sleaze thrives on, not sloppy but loose and funky.

If you love Appetite you'll love this, like i said it's like the songs "It's So Easy" and "Mr Brownstone". Got that menacing street vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........   For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the Connoisseurs of Sleaze out there..........
Page 1 of 1