Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?

Go down 
+7
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Lari
anthrax_fan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Empty
PostSubject: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Metal-Archives blacklisted them and said they do not "fit" as a "Metal" band because their music is "more Hardcore than Metal" . So , what do you all think about it ?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Never heard of them. Do they sing in Russian?

Metal-archives is full of idiots though, so why even care.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:45 pm

If Jinjer is who I'm thinking it is, they're a female-fronted "nu-metal" band where the singer alternates between angelic female vocals and completely throat-shredding growling that sounds completely incongruous coming from that face.

Based on the argument in the original post I would say I'm probably correct in my recollection and would also add that I don't give a rat's ass how anyone classifies Jinjer because they fall into the "bands whose sound I don't like" category.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Jinger sucks, and so does metal archives.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:12 pm

They're a nu-metal type band. For some reason they are blowing up in popularity.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm

If Metal-Archives sez they ain't metal, then they ain't metal! M.A. is the authority on all things tr00 grimm 'n' kvlt y'know!

(sarcasm mode off)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

This. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 4:25 pm

I donĀ“t think Jinjer sounds "Nu" ,but more like a Groove Metal with STRONG Prog leanings .
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 6:43 pm

I wouldn't label them as "nu-metal". They definitely have a unique sound that mixes some heaviness with some lighter moments. I like them. If it jams, it jams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Is nu-metal still a thing? I thought that went out last decade.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
Metal-Archives blacklisted them and said they do not "fit" as a "Metal" band because their music is "more Hardcore than Metal" . So , what do you all think about it ?

Metal Archives is a joke when it comes to that nonsense. Fucking Pro-Pain is on the site! Cro-Mags is on the site! Jinjer is WAY more metal than both of those bands.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 10:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
If Jinjer is who I'm thinking it is, they're a female-fronted "nu-metal" band where the singer alternates between angelic female vocals and completely throat-shredding growling that sounds completely incongruous coming from that face.

Based on the argument in the original post I would say I'm probably correct in my recollection and would also add that I don't give a rat's ass how anyone classifies Jinjer because they fall into the "bands whose sound I don't like" category.

They're not nu-metal; they do that djent thing, which is totally metal and has more in common with progressive metal than anything hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Is nu-metal still a thing? I thought that went out last decade.

Still a thing. Not mainstream any longer, but that never mattered. Some bands, like Nonpoint, are still out there and doing quite well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?   Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Jinjer (Ukraine) a "Metal Band" ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: