Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2011 Album of the Year

Go down 
+52
Speedmetalfreak
Nico
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Alex Dee Rokket
JBall_Z
Addy
Storm_Rider89
fingers
MetalRob331
Andy
Wargod
Wayne
kmorg
arachnoplasma
mr.electric39
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
James B.
Gilbert
Joe
akeldama
DallasBlack
Wurthless
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
The_Jayroh
metalken
firestarter
DeathCult
exact33
wildcard
MetalH
TheseGoTo11
Troublezone
Lurideath
Smindas
metalhead777
Lari
MetalGuy71
Spiner202
jstate
Chairman_Smith
adrian
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Eyesore
stpatrik
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Megadeth - 13 and Vicious Rumors - Razorback killers
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 am

Still getting into Megadeth's 13. Takes some time as usual to fully appreciate.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:47 am

Michael Monroe's "Sensory Overdrive" is getting some serious competition from the new "Revival" disc by The Answer for my album of the year.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 am

Iced Earth-Dystopia
Mortal Sin-Psychology Of Death
Anthrax-Worship Music
Destruction-Day Of Reckoning
Megadeth-Th1rt3en
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 am

I am going to take some time in December once i am done with my purchases to listen to the 2011 releases before I go making my list.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:20 pm

The new Mystic Prophecy comes out next week, Nightwish soon after. I'm expecting great things from both.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 pm

dunno
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Addy wrote:
dunno

What a well thought out, sophisticated response. Razz

I still think Opeth's Heritage is one of the best albums of the year. Along with that, I think that Theocracy's new album will be amazing when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Along with that, I think that Theocracy's new album will be amazing when it comes out.

That is one I'm looking forward to and apart from Nightwish, it's the only one that I think could topple the new Iced Earth off the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm

I just remembered it comes out in a few days too! My birthday is coming up, and that will definitely be one of the CD's I get then.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 am

Riot - Immortal soul

So far, it's the best one. Even better then HAVOK
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 am

exact33 wrote:
I am going to take some time in December once i am done with my purchases to listen to the 2011 releases before I go making my list.

That's pretty much me too. There are still some to get on my list as well.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

I've bought a grand total of ten new releases so far this year. In no particular order, they are as follows:

Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
Megadeth - Thirt3en
Iced Earth - Dystopia
Journey - Eclipse
Demonaz - March Of The Norse
Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire
Warrant - Rockaholic
Sixx A.M. - This Is Gonna Hurt

From the list above, the album I've probably listened to the most, is Black Veil Brides.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:43 pm

I still need to hear the new Saxon and Riot.....

But the new CAGE album Supremacy of Steel is STRONG.....

Lance Kings latest and the newest Dream Theater I have to add to my existing list of potentials.....

This last quarter has been a torrent of new releases that I just can't keep up with....

2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 506406
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Riot - Immortal soul

So far, it's the best one. Even better then HAVOK

i'm older, so my opinion means more Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Has anyone mentioned this yet?

TOXIC HOLOCAUST - CONJURE & COMMAND

This album kicks so much endless amount of ARSE...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:59 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

I still need to hear the new Saxon and Riot.....

But the new CAGE album Supremacy of Steel is STRONG.....

Lance Kings latest and the newest Dream Theater I have to add to my existing list of potentials.....

This last quarter has been a torrent of new releases that I just can't keep up with....

2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 506406

Great! Now I not only need the new Theocracy, House Of Lords, & some others there is a new Cage as well?!

Be so much easier if my job paid better.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Addy wrote:
dunno

I still think Opeth's Heritage is one of the best albums of the year. Along with that, I think that Theocracy's new album will be amazing when it comes out.

That would be because I have probably bought a total of 10 cds this year and of those only 3 came out this year and 2 of them arent metal.

If it was based on an album we discovered this year but not necessarily released this year then my pick would be Dying for a Living by Redline Chemistry
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Addy wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Addy wrote:
dunno

That would be because I have probably bought a total of 10 cds this year and of those only 3 came out this year and 2 of them arent metal.

If it was based on an album we discovered this year but not necessarily released this year then my pick would be Dying for a Living by Redline Chemistry

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass. Just being internet sarcastic, haha. And yeah, I totally understand where your coming from. I've actually not had the extra money to buy any albums from this year. All of my purchases have been of older releases. The only album I've heard in full from this year is Opeth's and it was basically the perfect album IMO, so it got my vote.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:57 pm

So I didn't think that there would be another album released to break my top 9 this year, but it looks as if there is one more:

Crimson Shadows - Glory on the Battlefield

I admit, this is just from listening to the samples, but I've already ordered it, and I've seen the band live 5 times, so I know what I'm getting into here. This band is the only band that I've heard that can truly be called Power/Death Metal. I've probably mentioned them before, but they really remind me of Dragonforce with only harsh vocals.

http://crimsonshadows.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
I still need to hear the new Saxon and Riot..... But the new CAGE album Supremacy of Steel is STRONG..... Lance Kings latest and the newest Dream Theater I have to add to my existing list of potentials..... This last quarter has been a torrent of new releases that I just can't keep up with.... 2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 506406

Great! Now I not only need the new Theocracy, House Of Lords, & some others there is a new Cage as well?! Be so much easier if my job paid better.

Forget the new Cage, I can't find it less than $20 (I'll wait to grab a used copy). I have ordered the new Grave Robber and House Of Lords and will order both the new Lance King and Theocracy albums Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:29 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Addy wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Addy wrote:
dunno

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass. Just being internet sarcastic, haha. And yeah, I totally understand where your coming from. I've actually not had the extra money to buy any albums from this year. All of my purchases have been of older releases. The only album I've heard in full from this year is Opeth's and it was basically the perfect album IMO, so it got my vote.

oh no worries I wasnt offended i took it in good stride i should mentiom that 1 of those releases for this year is a christmas album heheh
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
I still need to hear the new Saxon and Riot..... But the new CAGE album Supremacy of Steel is STRONG..... Lance Kings latest and the newest Dream Theater I have to add to my existing list of potentials..... This last quarter has been a torrent of new releases that I just can't keep up with.... 2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 506406

Great! Now I not only need the new Theocracy, House Of Lords, & some others there is a new Cage as well?! Be so much easier if my job paid better.

Forget the new Cage, I can't find it less than $20 (I'll wait to grab a used copy). I have ordered the new Grave Robber and House Of Lords and will order both the new Lance King and Theocracy albums Tuesday.

That new Grave Robber kills it strong.....

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Uriah Heep - Into the Wild

Love it!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

That new Grave Robber kills it strong.....

Happy

It is good but unfortunatly not a full new album. Contains two re-recordings (Army Of The Dead and Altered States), a cover, and a couple of new songs followed by demos of songs from the first album. The Army Of The Dead re-recording is awesome and I'd say even better than the one on Be Affraid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 Album of the Year
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next