Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2011 Album of the Year

Go down 
+52
Speedmetalfreak
Nico
BearOnUnicycle
MEGATRON
Alex Dee Rokket
JBall_Z
Addy
Storm_Rider89
fingers
MetalRob331
Andy
Wargod
Wayne
kmorg
arachnoplasma
mr.electric39
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
James B.
Gilbert
Joe
akeldama
DallasBlack
Wurthless
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
The_Jayroh
metalken
firestarter
DeathCult
exact33
wildcard
MetalH
TheseGoTo11
Troublezone
Lurideath
Smindas
metalhead777
Lari
MetalGuy71
Spiner202
jstate
Chairman_Smith
adrian
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Eyesore
stpatrik
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
I still need to hear the new Saxon and Riot..... But the new CAGE album Supremacy of Steel is STRONG..... Lance Kings latest and the newest Dream Theater I have to add to my existing list of potentials..... This last quarter has been a torrent of new releases that I just can't keep up with.... 2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 506406

Great! Now I not only need the new Theocracy, House Of Lords, & some others there is a new Cage as well?! Be so much easier if my job paid better.

Forget the new Cage, I can't find it less than $20 (I'll wait to grab a used copy). I have ordered the new Grave Robber and House Of Lords and will order both the new Lance King and Theocracy albums Tuesday.

Divinemetal distro has it for $9.99 tomorrow...

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
I still need to hear the new Saxon and Riot..... But the new CAGE album Supremacy of Steel is STRONG..... Lance Kings latest and the newest Dream Theater I have to add to my existing list of potentials..... This last quarter has been a torrent of new releases that I just can't keep up with.... 2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 506406

Great! Now I not only need the new Theocracy, House Of Lords, & some others there is a new Cage as well?! Be so much easier if my job paid better.

Forget the new Cage, I can't find it less than $20 (I'll wait to grab a used copy). I have ordered the new Grave Robber and House Of Lords and will order both the new Lance King and Theocracy albums Tuesday.

That new Grave Robber kills it strong.....

Happy

It is good but unfortunatly not a full new album. Contains two re-recordings (Army Of The Dead and Altered States), a cover, and a couple of new songs followed by demos of songs from the first album. The Army Of The Dead re-recording is awesome and I'd say even better than the one on Be Affraid.

The NEW album is a FULL album... It's entitled 'You're all Gonna Die!'.... You can check out my review at White Throne...

The disc that you're referring to is 'Exhumed' which came out earlier this year......

2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 56834

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Happy

It is good but unfortunatly not a full new album. Contains two re-recordings (Army Of The Dead and Altered States), a cover, and a couple of new songs followed by demos of songs from the first album. The Army Of The Dead re-recording is awesome and I'd say even better than the one on Be Affraid.

The NEW album is a FULL album... It's entitled 'You're all Gonna Die!'.... You can check out my review at White Throne...

The disc that you're referring to is 'Exhumed' which came out earlier this year......

Where can I find it? Exumed was the only one I could find on my internet search (that I didn't already have).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 am

Arch-Matheos comes close, but I've never liked John Arch much. So far, this one wins:
2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Malison-Rogue-Malison-Rogue

These guys along with Manimal are the example of how prog-power of Crimson Glory and 'ryche should sound today.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 am

The new CRIMSON GLORY will blow that album away I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:46 pm

For me Im gonna go with Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:06 pm

The only albums released this year that I bought were Destruction's Day of Reckoning and Saxon's Call to Arms. They both rock, but if I had to choose a favorite between the two, I'd probably say Saxon just because they're one of my top 10 favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Happy

Where can I find it? Exumed was the only one I could find on my internet search (that I didn't already have).

Got it pre-ordered from a Black Friday sale. The reason I couldn't find it is because it hasn't been released in the U.S. yet.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Riot - Immortal Soul is definitely my top pick, have listened to it nearly every day since buying it on Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 am

adrian wrote:
Riot - Immortal Soul is definitely my top pick, have listened to it nearly every day since buying it on Tuesday!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 pm

I have to add Age of The Jokes by Edguy to my list. Such a great,catchy album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm

So now I have enough to actually make a list:

1. The Answer - Revival

2. Michael Monroe - Sensory Overload

3. Iced Earth - Dystopia

4. Stala & So - It Is So

5. ? (still waiting)

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:10 pm

I'd definitely have to go with this one, hands down, Songwrting, production, musicianship, it's all here...Big-name bands get way too much credit for what their albums really deserve

2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Mystic%2BProphecy%2B-%2BRaven%2BLord%2B%2528Front%2BCover%2529%2Bby%2BEneas
Back to top Go down
black halo
Metal novice
Metal novice
black halo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:04 pm

I cannot believe Symphony X isn't getting more votes, 2. Dream Theater 3. Lance King
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 pm

black halo wrote:
I cannot believe Symphony X isn't getting more votes, 2. Dream Theater 3. Lance King
I still need it Sad
Back to top Go down
black halo
Metal novice
Metal novice
black halo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:13 pm

It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:

1. The Answer - Revival

3. Iced Earth - Dystopia

4. Stala & So - It Is So

5. ? (still waiting)

How did you like The Slam? I am really enjoying that album a lot...

Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:52 am

headbanger The new dream theater is very good. I'm really starting to enjoy it
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:31 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

1. The Answer - Revival

3. Iced Earth - Dystopia

4. Stala & So - It Is So

5. ? (still waiting)

How did you like The Slam? I am really enjoying that album a lot...

The Slam really grew on me but I don't think I'd slide it in at #5 just yet. I've got some stuff on order that I'm waiting to hear.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Nico wrote:
The only albums released this year that I bought were Destruction's Day of Reckoning and Saxon's Call to Arms. They both rock, but if I had to choose a favorite between the two, I'd probably say Saxon just because they're one of my top 10 favorite bands.

I STILL don't have the new Saxon! Shame on me! UGH! Embarassed

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events gets the album of the year form me. Some other great ones, in no particular order (I will order them when the year is over):

Megadeth - 13
Saxon - Call To Arms
Stryper - The Covering
Pentagram - Last Rites
Anvil - JoJ
Anthrax - Worship Music
White Wizzard - Flying Tigers
Opeth - Heritage
Theocracy - As The World Bleeds

and for WORST album of the year, that "honor" belongs to Queensryche's Dedicated To Chaos. The album is just unlistenable. Thankfully I was able to stream that steaming pile of dog sh!t and didn't buy. I would rather listen to LuLu 20 times in a row than have to listen to that piece of sh!t again!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Nico wrote:
if I had to choose a favorite between the two, I'd probably say Saxon just because they're one of my top 10 favorite bands.

I knew I liked you for a reason Razz But seriously, it's their best album in a long time, possibly since the 80s (I think it's that good!).

I haven't heard an abundance of new albums this year, but i'd definitely include:
Dream Theater -A Dramatic Turn of Events (another return to form)
Opeth -Heritage (another step in their evolution)
Theocracy -As the World Bleeds (it's only new for me, but I think it'll live up to the hype)

I really enjoyed Stryper -The Covering, but I haven't played it much beyond when I first got it... will probably be one I play selected tracks from, rather than the whole album). Hope to get the Megadeth album for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 am

EmoElmo wrote:
I'd definitely have to go with this one, hands down, Songwrting, production, musicianship, it's all here...Big-name bands get way too much credit for what their albums really deserve

2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Mystic%2BProphecy%2B-%2BRaven%2BLord%2B%2528Front%2BCover%2529%2Bby%2BEneas

I'm definitely getting this one headbanger
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 am

thejokeriv wrote:

White Wizzard - Flying Tigers
Agreed, this band is getting better and better. Liked the first half of the album a lot.

thejokeriv wrote:

Dedicated to Chaos
Eh, I've already forgot about it angry . And after American Soldier I thought they finally were coming back (liked the album for the most part, especially "At 30 000 ft").
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Album of the Year   2011 Album of the Year - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 Album of the Year
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5