Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sick Of It All - Nonstop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Sick Of It All - Nonstop Empty
PostSubject: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:45 pm

One of my favorite bands are doing the re-recording thing. I dig bands doing this as 25th Anniversary things, you know. I think in that regard, re-recordings are a cool thing to do. And probably fun for the band, too.

Anyway, Sick Of It All rule! And their early albums could use a serious remastering, so I welcome new versions. From the sound of that clip of "Clobberin' Time," it's gonna be awesome!

On Facebook, the other day, I posted a live video of Earth Crisis doing "Firestorm." Just watching that sea of people brought back some great memories, back before moshing and hardcore shows were about beating people up, you know. I loved that hardcore scene back then, but it's not the same anymore. =(

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 pm

I was so not getting this, and then I see they have the legendary KRS-ONE and boom! I'm sold. Total street cred.

just kidding
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Sick Of It All kick ass.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Ah, but KRS-One was on their debut album, so it makes sense. =) Of course, what you hear at the beginning of that clip is about the extent of his "feature."

My guess is that in order to get him to redo that bit they had to use his name in advertising.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
Sick Of It All kick ass.
I'm surprised more thrash fans don't like them, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Sick Of It All kick ass.

I rank this style just a shade above growling/screaming music; shouting is just a tad less annoying than those IMO. Still not my thing at all.

I agree with your comment about thrash fans; the vocals sound very similar to me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Sick Of It All kick ass.

I rank this style just a shade above growling/screaming music; shouting is just a tad less annoying than those IMO. Still not my thing at all.

I agree with your comment about thrash fans; the vocals sound very similar to me.
Yeah, if you can't dig on harsh vocals, hardcore isn't for you. I dig hardcore more than thrash because there's more groove, you know. I can't dance to thrash. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Sick Of It All kick ass.

Yeah, if you can't dig on harsh vocals, hardcore isn't for you. I dig hardcore more than thrash because there's more groove, you know. I can't dance to thrash. Haha.

I'd have to say I like hardcore more than thrash too; at least the songs are usually short.

PostSubject: Re: Sick Of It All - Nonstop   Sick Of It All - Nonstop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sick Of It All - Nonstop
Page 1 of 1