Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics

Go down 
+5
Wargod
TrogDawn
mc666
Smindas
KingPest
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

Number of posts : 17

I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Empty
PostSubject: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 6:18 pm

So I never have to see Tim Owens shadow box on stage again.

It is more lame than just standing there doing nothing. Maybe if he would grow some hair he might be able to headbang, which is totally acceptable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Maybe you should concern yourself with the music more than what the band members are doing on stage?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 pm

I think he makes a fair point. Whilst it is insiginificant, Tim does look like a bit of a tool on stage.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:17 am

KingPest wrote:

It is more lame than just standing there doing nothing. Maybe if he would grow some hair he might be able to headbang, which is totally acceptable!
Jon doesn't even headbang. why should Tim?

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:35 am

mc666 wrote:
KingPest wrote:

Jon doesn't even headbang. why should Tim?
I think Jon had spinal or back surgery because of too much headbanging, right?

And Tim does look a bit goofy, but who really cares? It's what he does. Most guitar players and drummers make retarded faces the entire time the play. Who cares? Let Tim shadowbox.
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:48 am

Jon is beast on the guitar which is enough for me. He does get into it from time to time, although he never goes crazy due to his health problems. I was excited just to see him step up to the edge of the stage and play some mean riffs.

What's up with the "who cares as long as the music is good" speech? I was into Iced Earth way before I ever saw them live and way before Tim Owens was on the radar.

People go to live shows to SEE a band just as much as hear them. That is pretty much the whole point of a concert. Nobody can deny that live shows have a lot to do with a band's image, especially in the eyes of people who might become fans.

Tim does this stupid crap in their music videos too, which makes even less sense than him doing it on stage. Just check out the video for 'The Reckoning', it is painful to watch because Tim looks like he is insane (in the bad way). I would think that this being his full time job he might try to step it up a notch and not make his employer look stupid.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling that other people wish Tim would find a better or at the very least different routine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:55 am

I've never been concerned with anything Tim has done. I've seen tons of bands live and tons of musicians on stage. They all have thier own quirks, and as long as they do a good job playing or singing, I don't care what sort of mannerisms they have. I don't care, nor do I think it matters.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:00 am

KingPest wrote:
Jon is beast on the guitar which is enough for me. He does get into it from time to time, although he never goes crazy due to his health problems. I was excited just to see him step up to the edge of the stage and play some mean riffs.

What's up with the "who cares as long as the music is good" speech? I was into Iced Earth way before I ever saw them live and way before Tim Owens was on the radar.

People go to live shows to SEE a band just as much as hear them. That is pretty much the whole point of a concert. Nobody can deny that live shows have a lot to do with a band's image, especially in the eyes of people who might become fans.

Tim does this stupid crap in their music videos too, which makes even less sense than him doing it on stage. Just check out the video for 'The Reckoning', it is painful to watch because Tim looks like he is insane (in the bad way). I would think that this being his full time job he might try to step it up a notch and not make his employer look stupid.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling that other people wish Tim would find a better or at the very least different routine.
uh.. the solution is simple. save your money the next time they play your town & just stick to the cds. Rolling Eyes

KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:19 am

If I gave a book a negative comment it wouldn't make sense to come in and say 'Stop reading books by that author'.

All I wanted to do was make an observation about a band's live show, and suggest how it could be better. It seems you have cornered the market on what is considered 'good', what is 'impoartant' in a show, as well as what I should or shouldn't spend my money on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:29 am

KingPest wrote:
If I gave a book a negative comment it wouldn't make sense to come in and say 'Stop reading books by that author'.

All I wanted to do was make an observation about a band's live show, and suggest how it could be better. It seems you have cornered the market on what is considered 'good', what is 'impoartant' in a show, as well as what I should or shouldn't spend my money on.
And have you, then, cornered the market on what is considered a "bad" live performance?
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:39 am

I don't believe I did. In fact, I think I said "Maybe it's just me..." somewhere along the line.

What I didn't do is go crap on somebody's thread and tell they ought to change their mind and/or behavior just because they don't agree with me.

If you don't agree with me that's fine, I accept that. What isn't fine is saying "hey, I don't agree with you, so either change your mind or don't see the show".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:54 am

well, you can always continue to see the show & whine about the guys performance afterwards. it's your world, boss. no one said you "ought to change your mind". not sure where you read that. it wasn't this thread.

my comment was just aimed at trying to save you your hard earned dollars on a show you obviously are not happy with. i certainly wouldn't waste my money on watching dumbass Ozzy clapping in the air like some monkey. but hey, that's just me.

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:59 am

KingPest wrote:
I don't believe I did. In fact, I think I said "Maybe it's just me..." somewhere along the line.

What I didn't do is go crap on somebody's thread and tell they ought to change their mind and/or behavior just because they don't agree with me.

If you don't agree with me that's fine, I accept that. What isn't fine is saying "hey, I don't agree with you, so either change your mind or don't see the show".
I think you're being a little too sensitive. This isn't Sunday School. It's a discussion forum, and people are going to disagree with you. We don't have to precede our every thought with a comment to soothe you. No one crapped on anything you wrote.
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:01 am

I'm not sensitive in the least, this kind of stuff happens a lot, especially on metal forums. I guess calling somebody on a bullshit comment counts as being sensitive.

I think eyesore and I were having a perfectly reasonable exchange until mc666 made some dumb suggestions about what I should do with money and what shows I should see. I don't see how my money or my future choice of concerts is relevant to this thread at all. It was sort of thrown in there for no apparent reason other than to disagree with something and cause a problem.

The premise of mc666's argument was "stop watching and quit bitching if you don't like the performance". If your argument is that people people shouldn't criticize things they dislike in a discussion forum then it doesn't make sense for you to be criticizing someone who is critcizing a singer's stage performance. The hypocrisy of that is pretty clear. Follow your own advice if you are so righteous.

Or to be blunt, in a non sunday school kind of way: shut up and quit derailing my thread with your dumb straw man arguments. If you want to discuss the positives and negatives of Tim Owens' stage performance, then by all means, please continue.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 3:19 am

You guys are almost ready for the Slap Fights forum at Hellride...but not quite. What a Face

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:43 am

KingPest wrote:
shut up and quit derailing my thread with your dumb straw man arguments.
nah, not gonna happen. so grab a box of Kleenex & deal with it. ;)

hell, look at your first post...
KingPest wrote:
so having read that, my suggestion of not going to an Iced Earth show seems reasonable if you don't wish to see Owens performing onstage again.

KingPest wrote:
The premise of mc666's argument was "stop watching and quit bitching if you don't like the performance".
um, go back & read where i wrote..."well, you can always continue to see the show & whine about the guys performance afterwards." i never told you to "stop bitching". you are making things up.

falling back to insulting me, shows me that you have nothing intelligent to offer any one. come back when you do.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 am

...wow, this thread "flourished" in my absence. Tim shadow boxes - it's not a big deal. It's silly, yes, but meh. And Jon doesn't headbang because if he did, IE would have to cancel yet another European tour for a back operation. Pfft.

I'm just going to throw this out here though; Matt's stage show surpassed Tim's greatly. Tim's good and all, but Matt really had that 'epic frontman' thing going on. But that's just me, I'm sure many disagree.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 10:47 am

Could care less it's all about the music!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Shadow boxing is just as lame as those retarded kidz fiighting the invisible ninjas in the pit!

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:19 pm

yeah, ur a so-called diehard so u slag off ripper. blah blah. let me guess, u love maiden but u hate blaze bayley? and u love anthrax but hate john bush? heard it before. bored of u now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:51 pm

KingPest wrote:
I'm not sensitive in the least, this kind of stuff happens a lot, especially on metal forums.
Right there is your mistake. This isn't like most metal forums. I'm dead serious. Since I've been posting here there hasn't been a single fight. This thread may be the closest thing to a fight I've seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:54 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
You guys are almost ready for the Slap Fights forum at Hellride...but not quite. :face:

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46
I hate those elitist pricks at that forum. And they hate me. What a bunch of assclowns over there (most, anyway).

My introduction to Hellride innocently started here:

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/showthread.php?p=169908#post169908

:lol!:

Last edited by on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:35 pm

...I just read a rather large portion of that topic. Eyesore, why do you even give those people the time of day? They just dismiss your arguments with little to no justification and are completely wrought with arrogance.

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Smindas wrote:
...I just read a rather large portion of that topic. Eyesore, why do you even give those people the time of day? They just dismiss your arguments with little to no justification and are completely wrought with arrogance.
Well, at first I tried to calm them down and actually try to be friendly about it all. I apologized many times at first. Then it just got to the point where I was being an asshole on purpose. Haha. Then that jackass from Solstice started threatening to kill me and stuff. Haha. What a bunch of retards. I've got some good quotables in that thread, though:

Quote :
What values? It's so easy to say that your bank account isn't important when no one could give a F*** to offer you any money. I'd like to see all of you turn down a big paycheck from a label like Sony. It wouldn't happen. You'd ride the corporate cock all the way to the bank. A scene of assholes is worthless, you accomplish nothing. It's a disorganized circle jerk of delusional twats wacking each other off, droppin' man juice on each others' feet all the while talking smurf poo about the guys in limos getting blowjobs from fine ass fake-tittied groupie sluts. In other words: A bunch of jealous bastards with an excuse.
lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 4:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This thread may be the closest thing to a fight I've seen.
shucks, this thread is not even close to an argument. the thread where they broke out the bunnies was more heated than this disagreement. Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics   I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hope Jon Schaffer starts writing songs with nonstop lyrics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next