Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist

Go down 
+14
Waylon
arttieTHE1manparty
exact33
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
manny
Eyesore
tohostudios
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 am

It's all become a bit Spinal Tap by this point, hasn't it? Rolling Eyes

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Tracii is working on a concept album. 'Saucy Jack' I believe it was called.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

you got that right.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:58 am

Tracii's version of LA Guns is irrelevant and has been for several years now. Phils' version, however, still records some GREAT music!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Dilana's out. Blacklist Union vocalist Tony West has joined up to fulfill the rest of their current tour dates.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Dilana's out. Blacklist Union vocalist Tony West has joined up to fulfill the rest of their current tour dates.

Well, that was quick.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 pm

She's throwing a tantrum apparently about how much the band, Tracii & tour sucks and now she's moving on to an awesome book deal and solo project.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Does ANYONE really care what Tracii does these days? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:05 pm

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Th_Give-a-damn-o-meter

Maybe a reunion with Phil Lewis could punch this all the way up to 3 or 4. Maybe.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Waylon wrote:

I do. I don't care about that acoustic album that just came out but if he can finally get a new studio album out, I'd buy it.

I think Tracii is a good guy when it comes down to it, but maybe a bit delusional about how big L.A. Guns (and his version in particular) is. He's still a great guitarist/songwriter, IMO. He's said himself that it makes more sense for he & Phil to put their differences aside and tour as ONE band again but of course he puts the blame all on Phil as to why it hasn't happened yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Waylon wrote:

As long as he doesn't do another POS like "American Hardcore" I'll still give whatever he does at least a listen.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Waylon wrote:

As long as he doesn't do another POS like "American Hardcore" I'll still give whatever he does at least a listen.
That album is a hundred times better than his solo album, Killing Machine.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Waylon wrote:

Wow, that thing must really be a reeking turd then.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Too bad Phil Lewis can't be replaced... Tracii needs to crawl back or call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Waylon wrote:

Wow, that thing must really be a reeking turd then.
Not sure I ever listened to it twice. American Hardcore, on the other hand, I dig. Or don't dislike, at least. It's definitely a 90s kind of album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Have any of you ever heard Phil Lewis' solo album More Purple Than Black? What a snoozefest that was. Boooorrrring!

Phil and Tracii need each other, no doubt about it. Either guys solo is a waste of time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Th_Give-a-damn-o-meter

Maybe a reunion with Phil Lewis could punch this all the way up to 3 or 4. Maybe.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I liked that one for what it was.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:48 am

"There can only be one"...

Quote :
Tracii Guns has retired his version of LA Guns in favour of his new band, League of Gentleman, so he can keep making music with a clear conscience.

Two lineups had been using the name on the circuit, with the guitarist’s outfit vying with a squad led by singer Phil Lewis.

But after deciding it was bad for fans, Guns says he’s moved on.

He tells The Musician’s Voice: “Being in LA Guns is just not worth the trouble, with two different versions running around.

“Neither band does the other band any good, and I think it’s disappointing for the fans ultimately. You’re dealing with people who have supported you and your music for over 20 years.

“I would like to be able to go into each gig with a clear conscience, put out records with a clear conscience and know that I’m doing my best, and I’m no trying to pull the wool over anybody’s eyes.”

And Guns wants to keep developing as a musician, which he feels would be more difficult using the old name.

“I think I’ve kind of done it to death,” he says, adding there’s not enough room to “grow, to move, and to exceed the fan base’s expectations.

“They really loved their old LA Guns and I get it it – but I’m older, and I continued to study music and recording and a lot of different things. We play a lot of LA Guns in our live set. People expect to hear those from me.”

But he might go back one day: “If there was ever an opportunity to do LA Guns for a higher reason, for a bigger reason, I would certainly do it,” he says. “But I’m kind of over it.”

Tracii Guns’ League of Gentlemen includes singer Scott Foster Harris, drummer Doni Gray and bassist Craig McCloskey. Lewis’ version of LA Guns released an album, Hollywood Forever, earlier this year.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 am

^^ Geez, it's about damn time Tracii saw the writing on the wall.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 am

Maybe he's following all the Great White and Queensryche drama and realizing just how stupid it all is.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe he's following all the Great White and Queensryche drama and realizing just how stupid it all is.

He didn't want to be the opening act on the Geoff Tate's Queensryche, Jack Russell's Great White and LA Guns featuring Tracii Guns tour.......

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Rumors that Tracii is gonna tour under the Vandenberg moniker cannot be confirmed at this time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Rumors that Tracii is gonna tour under the Vandenberg moniker cannot be confirmed at this time.

Laughing very hard His new stage name will be "Tracii VandenGuns"

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard His new stage name will be "Tracii VandenGuns"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist   LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Guns Replace Pearl With Female Vocalist
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next