Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Clutch Song

Go down 
+3
Rex
Ravenscraig
Eyesore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:11 am

Sounds great!

As much as I love the first two albums, these cats got so much better after that.
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:34 am

¡Cool track!

I have very mixed feelings about Clutch. For me they peaked at "Pure Rock Fury" (one of the coolest album titles ever) and "Blast Tyrant" and they lost the power in favour of more bluesy stuff that I like in small doses. Their humble beginnings were kinda cool as they started off as some sort of industrial-hardcorish band (?).

I still have a soft spot for these guys and have seen em live twice but they lost me over the last few years.

Nevertheless, if I check out the video you just posted, I still enjoy em but buying one of their new albums would be a different matter altogether.

Cheers

\m/
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 am

Loooooooove Clutch. All but their last album...I can't get into that one for some reason.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 am

I have seen their name in magazines or mentioned on the internet,but never bothered to hear them until now.
That's a good song, and sounds like a solid band.
Will have to check them out more now.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Rex wrote:
Loooooooove Clutch. All but their last album...I can't get into that one for some reason.
That one is good, but a little more low-key than normal. Not as hooky, either.

I assume you dig The Company Band?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 pm

I never got into Clutch. I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Rex wrote:

Never heard of The Company Band.
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:16 pm

To be honest I like The Company Band better than current Clutch...
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Rex wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Rex wrote:

Never heard of The Company Band.
Dude!

Any Clutch fan should love these guys. Obviously that's Clutch vocalist Neil Fallon singing. They have one EP and a full-length out. Both well worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm

A coupla years ago, a co-worker gave me a cdr of The Sword and Clutch. The Sword of course was awesome, but the Clutch songs didn't do anything for me. In theory, I should like these guys, but nope. Probably not fair to judge them on one lone album, but I've never really bothered to investigate further.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

The song that made me a fan:

Heard that in high school and absolutely fell in love with it. Been a fan since.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Clutch is one of my all time favorites. The S/T album is my favorite album of all time followed closely by Speedway. Binge & Purge might just be the best song ever written. I agree about most of the stuff after Pure Rock Fury though, It is still better than 90% of the rock music out there. Wish they has stuck with the rawness of the first couple of albums.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:10 am

I wish they'd remaster/remix/whatever Pure Rock Fury. That has to be one of the worst sounding albums I've heard. The live track at the end sounds 10x's better than the studio tracks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Clutch Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Clutch Song   New Clutch Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Clutch Song
Page 1 of 1